Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fastnet Lighthouse, Ireland #25930 03/09/99 02:20 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Credit the cover of a Lighthouse Depot/Lighthouse Digest publication to give us another idea for a Harbour Light. A few months ago they gave us Ship John Shoal. This lighthouse seemed very popular with forum wacko's for creation as a Harbour Light. Now, on the cover of the March 1999 edition of Lighthouse Digest, they give us The Fastnet Rock Lighthouse, Ireland.

I realize that some collectors don't really care for the "International Series" pieces, but with the upcoming release of Harbour Lights abroad, this could be a big seller for them. Fastnet is one of the most popular lighthouses in Ireland. I sets upon a large, craggy rock that is the first land seen by travelers from America to Europe.

I would love to see this lighthouse created by Harbour Lights, so here is my yea vote!

If you don't receive Lighthouse Digest, here are a few links for photos and information. The web site for the "Commissioners of Irish Lights" features Fastnet Rock as the background of their page. It is a very interesting site, with great information on the Ireland lights.

Commissioners of Irish Lights
http://www.cil.ie/

John Eagle photo of Fastnet Rock
http://zuma.lib.utk.edu/lights/eagle/eagle2-3.html

-Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey (edited 03-09-99).]

Re: Fastnet Lighthouse, Ireland #25931 03/09/99 03:22 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I was thinking the same thing Todd, when I first saw my latest issue of Lighthouse Digest. Maybe they can include a helicopter on the pad. The old (lighthouse) and the new (helicopter) technology placed together on the one sculpture. By the way there are, as always, some very interesting stories in that issue. It has put the seed in my mind to start planning a trip to see the Irish lighthouses someday.

WackoPaul

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,414 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users