Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wish List:Outer Banks Lights #25848 09/27/01 01:05 PM
T
THOMASCHALL Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I would like to see HL reissue the 4 North Carolina Outer Banks lighthouses. Since Hatterus has been moved and they have restored the other two out buildings at the Currituck Light there has been a lot ot interest in this group of lighthouses. The number of visitors to the Outer Banks and the Lighthouses has been increasing yearly.

tomhall47
Re: Wish List:Outer Banks Lights #25849 09/27/01 03:59 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
OBX Lighthouses

Currituck Beach -Hum, I doubt Currituck will be re-created as HL re-released it again as a GLOW version in and will be out in a few weeks (Fall 2001), depending on your location. However the original "Limited Edition" version is much much better.

Bodie Island -Well, Bodie hasn't changed much, if at all, from the Limited Edition and these are still plentiful both on eBay and on the HL Marketplace.

Cape Hatteras -I think Cape Hatteras on the other hand should be recreated again to incorporate the new site and buildings. I think the old GLOW version should be retired since the tower is no longer next to the beach, besides this version hasn't changed since 1994. Kinda boring... Perhaps the next version of CH will also be a GLOW.

Ocracoke -Ocracoke on the other hand is a lighthouse that strikes an interesting conversation among HL collectors, especially those who already have this lovely fine piece and are aware of its value. I wish HL would soon relize that there is a HUGE market for this piece to be re-released, probably as a GLOW version, as there are numerous HL collectors that can only dream of this piece being in their collection.

Cape Lookout -Again, another fine piece that is still plentiful and creeps up on eBay and the HL Marketplace every now and then.

An interesting idea to ponder is the issue of an OBX set in which all the lights were re-released in a set.

That's my 2 cents for what it is worth!

Christopher
"Currituck Seeker"

-Christopher
"CAVR"

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DANIEL, Rock, Dave H), 1,665 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users