cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why not a lights series? #25431 11/11/98 05:56 PM
Dick Johnson Offline OP
OP Offline
There are many worthy lighthouses that are out there that candidates for production. However, why not produce a series of the heart of the lighthouse, the lighting system, or lenses. Maybe instead of a series they could all be on the same base, or in a case like the Anchor Bay ships. We see these shown and talked about as much as the lighthouses many time, so why not honor them with a reproduction. I think this might give an interesting production challenge for HL and I for one would be just as fascinated with a reproduction of a first order Fresnel lens as I would the lighthouses.

Re: Why not a lights series? #25432 11/11/98 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was going to post a suggestion the other day about the production of a lighthouse lens, but I thought it was too far fetched. But I do agree with you. I too would like to see one produced along with some other lighthouse related items (fog bell-fog horn-keepers boat-oil house-fog signal building-post light-bell bouy-lighthouse tender)even a lighthouse depot or a life-saving station.

Re: Why not a lights series? #25433 11/18/98 10:21 PM
K
Karl Lewis Offline
K
All great ideas.
I'd like to see a series of Alaskan Lighthouses. Most are located in beautiful, remote places. They would make beautiful HL pieces.

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 832 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users