Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OK, let's have a little fun!!! #25380 07/03/04 07:15 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
We are hoping that a reunion is in the works! So make your wishes here for both location and the piece you would like to see made the reunion exclusive!!!

Here are mine:
Reunion Exclusive: Lighted DeTour Reef during Winter
Society Exclusive: DeTour Reef during Summer (non-light edition)

BTW Poe Reef was a close second for me!

Jim
Re: OK, let's have a little fun!!! #25381 07/04/04 09:50 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I would like to see the Reunion held in Florida. My primary choice would be Tampa with my secondary choice being Daytona Beach. I would like to see either Egmont Key or Gasparilla Island as the Reunion Exclusive for Tampa or a early rendition of Ponce De Leon (circa late 1800s or early 1900s) as the Reunion Exclusive for the Daytona Area.

I can keep on hoping and if I throw this thought against the wall enough, maybe something will stick.

Rich
Re: OK, let's have a little fun!!! #25382 07/05/04 03:34 PM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
A Little Fun It Is . . . laugh

The year 2006 in honor of Mukilteo's 100th Anniversay -- August and September are both good months weather wise. smile 2005 would also work and everyone could help us kick off our Centennial Celebration since construction of the light station began in 1905

Location: the Greater Puget Sound Area -- Seattle or Bellevue either one has plently of convention space. [By then Lynnwood will also have a new convention center]

Reunion Exclusive: Mukilteo without the fence; the fence was put up to give the Coast Guard families some privacy when they occupied the keepers quarters; the fence is now gone.

Society Exclusive: The Lightship Swiftsure

Thumbnails: Grays Harbor; Cape Disappointment; Point No Point; Marrowstone

Dinner Cruise of San Juan Islands to see Burrows Island; Cattle Point; Lime Kiln; Turn Point; Patos Island Lighthouses

Day Trip to see the lights of Puget Sound -- West Point, Alki Point, the Coast Guard Museum in Seattle, Point Robinson, Lightship Swiftsure and of course Mukilteo

WA/OR Coast side trip -- Cape Disappointment; Northhead; Lightship Columbia; Tillamook Rock and possibly Cape Meares

OKAY . . . time to wake up; can't blame a gal for dreaming . . . laugh

Re: OK, let's have a little fun!!! #25383 07/05/04 09:26 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
How about going to the Apostle Islands?

Date: September. During the Apostle Islands Lighthouse Celebration .

Location for reunion festivities: Bayfield. They seem to be able to host events.

It amazed me, it seems only two Apostle Islands lights have been sculpted by HL. Sand Island in 1991, and Raspberry Island in 2004. So, that leaves us with five more. And the lucky lights I think should be:

Reunion: Outer Island

Society: Devils Island (I just think this is a very cool tower)

Thumbnails: (I assume that these can be repeats of already made lights) Complete set of Apostle Islands lights (all 7, even if not sculpted)

Cruise to see all 7 lights

Special oppurtunities to get into little accessed lights

A raffle with such oppurtunities as a low- or single-digit Sand Island (an original '91), a bridge visit during the cruise (with possible steering privleges...fair warning given to others aboard! wink ), private time in the lantern of one of the climbed lights, and other regular prizes

Before and after Reunion bus tours, perhaps to Minnesota or the UP...something ending close to a major airport for some people to fly home, as well as allowing the others to go back to the starting point.

There's lots of possibilities...I've never been to the Apostle Islands (on the "when I can drive because my parents are NEVER going to take me halfway across the country to see lighthouses" list), but it looks like it has the criteria for a good Reunion...lighthouse-dense, lodging and convention faclilities, major airports, etc. HL, you reading this? wink

Re: OK, let's have a little fun!!! #25384 07/07/04 12:19 AM
Gebby Offline
Greg,
I wouldn't count on this trip for the reunion but I do know that Suzanne Murphy is working on the Apostle Islands for a lighthouse cruise for next summer.

If interested we have a big group going to the Keweenaw Peninsula and a cruise around Isle Royale in the UP of MI at the beginning of August. She plans some great trips.

Ken

Re: OK, let's have a little fun!!! #25385 07/07/04 12:28 AM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
A trip to the Keweenaw Peninsula next summer would be fantastic. And Ken, going strictly by past performances, Suzanne will arrange for a memorable get-to-gether. I wonder where she gets all the energy to do everything that she does.

Re: OK, let's have a little fun!!! #25386 07/07/04 12:30 AM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
SLIGHT CORRECTION -- "THIS SUMMER".

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,316 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users