Print Thread
Bell Buoy & Fog Bell #23968 04/29/04 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see a bell buoy (about 5-6 inches high). It could even light up and ring.

Also a fog bell hanging on a post would be a nice addition.

Re: Bell Buoy & Fog Bell #23969 04/29/04 10:24 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Sounds more like one of those LHD exclusives Mike. Maybe you should pass your idea on to Tim Harrison???

I would prefer a corrected Kingston-Rondout piece.... wink

Re: Bell Buoy & Fog Bell #23970 04/29/04 11:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A corrected Kingston would be nice. My opinion is that if you are going to do it then do it right.
Still would like to see a bell buoy and a fog bell. Maybe they would make good membership renewal pieces.

Re: Bell Buoy & Fog Bell #23971 05/01/04 11:16 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Nautical items are nice. People come to the coast, smell the salt air, and then reach for their wallets. Bell buoys, light buoys, nuns, and cans might sell. There are certainly a lot of different markers out on the water. If they were priced right, sales might be brisk. I would be willing to add a few here and there in my curios.

A thought that comes to mind is the ability to customized a marker. One of my most welcomed sights in my salt water travels is a green can marked "1BI". It marks the end of the North Rip at the northern end of Block Island. It is always a welcome sight, especially in the fog, when you know you've made it through the shipping lanes off Point Judith without encountering the heavy commercial traffic that frequests the area. Leave the markers blank and include a high-quality transparent set of taped numbers and letters. It could be a kind of "build your own bouy" thing. Of course, there are unique markers that shouldn't include such a thing.

Do it! Start with generic markers at $9.99 and see where it goes from there. Sculpt them as they appear on site, in the water. Let's see what happens.

Remember, Harbour Lights listens to their collectors. If you would like to see this happen, put your two cents worth here and support the possibility of this new addition to the HL lines.

laugh Bob laugh

Re: Bell Buoy & Fog Bell #23972 05/01/04 01:46 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I LOVE the idea! It would be a great piece to put in all those curio gaps where you can't fit a regular piece. Kind of LLOM sized...great idea!

I like the personalization, too. Having a replica of a special buoy could be very cool. Bill, you out there? wink

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,573 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users