HL sez #1 #22878 10/24/98 05:45 PM
F
FredKuhl Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
F
Looking back through the old Legacys (prior to the formation of the Collectors
Society) I was finally able to find the article showing Bill destroying the master
resin for Coquille River (actually I couldn’t find mine but Harbour Lights was kind
enough to send me another copy) . The issue is Winter 1994, Volume 1, No. 2.

The article has a picture of Bill with a hammer and the intact master mold. A second
picture shows the mold in pieces. The accompanying article follows:

Coquille River lighthouse retired

On February 15, 1993,Harbour Lights Coquille River lighthouse was officially
retired. As defined by the Collectibles and Platemakers Guild, a retired piece is,
"no longer available from the producer and none of the pieces will ever be produced
again".
The Oregon lighthouse was built in 1896 on the north bank of the Coquille River,
across from the city of Bandon and is often referred to as the Bandon Light. It is
one of the few lighthouses ever to have been hit by a ship, when in 1903 an abandoned
schooner rammed it during a storm. The masonry lighthouse went out of service in 1939
and sat crumbling for decades until its restoration in 1975, at a cost of $26,000.

Okay all you sea lawyers have at it.

I couldn’t find a copyright or no reproduction statement on either of the cited Legacys and I am
posting these without prior approval from Harbour Lights. If I missed the no reproduction without approval statement, my humble apologies.

Re: HL sez #1 #22879 10/25/98 06:26 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Watch out, Fred! The fins are starting to appear above the water! The dollar sign sharks are starting to circle. Release the "shark repellent", the "anti-attorney" solution that will send them swimming for the deepest holes in the ocean, far from the beckoning beacons of safety!

All kidding aside, I sincerely hope HL makes the Coquille GLOW so that all collectors can have the opportunity to add it to there collection. I would predict it might be one of the best selling GLOWs in HL history!

Bob M.

Re: HL sez #1 #22880 10/25/98 07:34 AM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
If BY would just follow the leadership of the country and take on the "DC lawyer interpretation" of the definition provided by the platemakers guild, he could easily just state in his deposition that:

I just interpreted (and I know the majority of the country interprets) the statement that "...and none of the pieces will ever be produced again" as meaning that we would never reproduce the PIECES, literally. Well shucks! why would we reproduce any of these thousand pieces of the broken mold laying around me....who would buy them!

-RodW
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 12-02-98).]

Re: HL sez #1 #22881 10/25/98 10:39 AM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
"Who would buy them?" The only person I know who is the "almost-official" not affiliated with Younger Associates or Harbour Lights collector of scrap and odds and ends, our own Rod Watson, of course!

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,209 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users