cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Touch-up paints ???? #22825 03/30/00 09:00 PM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a question, where would I obtain paint to touch-up a few small chips & pin size dings on the blue water?? Saw in a older post that HL does not provide. This is not a job for the restorers. What type of paint do they use and does anyone know the name/number of the blue shade?

My Toledo Harbor arrived today with these small dings. It was my dealers last one. My second, won one few weeks back on e-bay. However, it was shipped with only thin piece of bubble wrap around it in the HL box. It had more than a few dings!! I am beginning to feel hexed with this light! Don't want to have to ship it back & start over if I can touch it up HELP!

Donna

Re: Touch-up paints ???? #22826 03/30/00 11:57 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
Sorry to hear about the second piece having some small dings. If they're only noticeable upon close inspection, I might leave it as is, as from a few feet they may not be noticed.

Joanne

Re: Touch-up paints ???? #22827 03/31/00 08:58 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Donna, ... I would just leave it alone. If you really feel the need to touch them up, I heard that a water-based marker was the thing to use. I've never done it myself, but I'm sure someone on the forum has. Maybe they'll respond to your inquiry.

Bob

Re: Touch-up paints ???? #22828 03/31/00 12:58 PM
Brent Offline
I've never done any "touch up" with mine, Donna...and would be alittle hesitant to do it. But I have done some minor "touch up" restoration work on other types of items such as vazes, lamps, etc. and found that water-based markers are the way to go (as Bob said). "Paint", per se, has a tendency to lay on top of the object and make to the situation worse....more difficult to "blend it" in. If you really need to do this....let me suggest something: go down to the K-Mart, Walmart, Dollar General Store, etc...and see if they have any inexpensive set of watercolor markers that come in a plastic pack...usually a 10-15 to a pack for a few bucks. They have all sorts of colors in them including blues, browns, yellows, reds, etc. Whatever color it is that you need to "touch up" select the closest pen with the next lightest value...not darkest....and layer it, if needed. E-mail me if you want, and I can try to help you.

Brent
OBLHS Charter Member

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,191 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users