cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lighthouse paint #22677 10/11/02 08:26 PM
ga light man Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay..... I need someones wisdom here. Does anyone know what type of paint HL uses on their lighthouses? I have a small chip on my Assateague and I am wanting to build up paint to cover up the blemish. I can't really tell if it is flat or gloss black paint and as to what type of it is.
If anyone can enlighten me it would be so helpful!
Rick

Re: lighthouse paint #22678 10/11/02 08:34 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Rick, ...Leave it alone. I asked the same question many moons ago and was told to leave it alone. You are better off with a microchip than a minute blot of paint that will easily be seen.

If you figure the chip is too big and it spoils the total look of the piece then get yourself some colored pencils and do your best to cover up the flaw.

I think most collectors who purchase a used piece prefer no repairs. But that's just my opinion.

smile Bob smile

Re: lighthouse paint #22679 10/11/02 09:56 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Get your self some water soluable or permanent soft tip marker pens at your local crafts store. They come in multiple colors to a pack and run the gambit of the color line. A set of these marker pens will run about $4-$8 for the set depending on how many are in the set. They are soft tipped like a highlighter and you can blend the colors in depending on the shade you need. Black is the easiest to color in and I think blue is the hardest.

The chip in your piece, unless it is a major chip, should not take away from the value but if your like me I prefer no chips at all showing. If it doesn't bother you leave it alone, otherwise color it in and if you sell the piece later on let the buyer know that it's been touched up and let him(or her) decide if they still want it.

Rich cool

Rich

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,132 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users