Print Thread
Lighting your lights #22011 04/16/99 07:49 PM
F
FredKuhl Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
F
Saw back somewhere else in these forums/fora (either according to Webster) more information on auxillary lighting in your curio cabinets to SHOWOFF (and properly so) your collections.

Why don't we do this here.

I keep procrastinating on what I am going to do. I am currently using the flashlight approach until I make up my mind or a certain well know place of Biblical reference freezes over, whichever comes first.

The Ancient Mariner
graduated from lantern light to the flashlight (what a marvelous invention)

Re: Lighting your lights #22012 04/16/99 10:15 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Lighting can be very important in your curio/display case. Both my curios have halogen lighting. They are nice and bright and I'm sure the HLs will always be warm.

Positioning of your HLs in the curio can be important as to whether or not the pieces on the lower shelves get any illumination. Too many pieces on the top shelves shade the lower shelves.

Until I purchased the second cabinet, I had the bad habit of trying to display too many HLs on one shelf. Now that I have two cabinets in place, the problem has been addressed. No, not because I have twice as much room, but because I decided (with a little help from my wife) to put some away in their boxes in the cellar.

She was correct when she told me I was crowding them which had a tendency to detract from their beauty. Rather than overcrowd the cases, I rotate the display every couple of weeks. Less HLs in the case but they look better on display when the light can filter through the upper shelves illuminating the lower shelves. I should also add that one of my curios has a curved glass door that reflects light to the lower shelves without it having to filter through all the shelving. Whoever though that up had a great idea.

I think I've seen the light!

Bob

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,363 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users