Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Solution for lighted lighthouses? #21409 12/30/06 01:23 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I know some of you don't like the lighted lights, but one problem is that each one takes a separate power supply.

Here's a solution from Dept56 I saw recently:

No details on the power out voltage, amps, etc. But wouldn't this be something to use for lighting up all the lights you have at once?

Re: Solution for lighted lighthouses? #21410 12/30/06 11:29 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
John
I think if HL came up with a system like that, it would really help the sales of the lighted ones. When the first lighted lens came out I thought it was so neat. I was one of the collectors that requested HL to make it that way. We would light it up and watch it blink. Then we bought another and another. Then the batteries would wear out on all of them and no one would keep up with the batteries and they all would just sit there. I then bought the first Lighted Christmas piece and also thought it was kind of neat. I was smart with that one. I asked the dealer for the AC power supply. But the dealer didn’t have one. So again the Christmas piece just sat there.

Also I don’t know about the rest of you, but for five bucks couldn’t HL just pack the AC power supply with the Lighthouse. Is five dollars more for a Christmas piece really going to matter? If they pack them all with one it probably would only cost a couple of bucks more. Forgive me, I haven’t bought any new Christmas lighthouses lately and maybe HL already packs an AC power supply with them. But because of my first experience with the Lighted Christmas Piece I never could be bothered with it. Why have a lighted light if you just can’t plug it in. Batteries are for Kids.

I think that contraption is a great idea and HL should get one made that works with their lights and made available at all HL dealers.
Of course this would be a great solution for collecting multiple lighted lighthouses.
In fact this is the only solution. Any collector that starts to collect a multiple will start to think the same thing I did. It doesn’t mater if they light because it is just too much trouble to get them all lighted.

DANIEL
Re: Solution for lighted lighthouses? #21411 12/30/06 12:48 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Suggested retail of that multi-power source is $50 from D56. Looks like it could power 12 items. If you have curios, you'd have a lot of wires, but it would be better and NOT require 12 wall outlets or multiple power strips.

I think that all lighthed lights now include a power supply.

And if memory serves me correctly, all but 1 or 2 of the earliest ones are interchangeable. That right?

Re: Solution for lighted lighthouses? #21412 12/30/06 02:14 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
They all contain power transformers now and all but the first couple are the same wattage..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Solution for lighted lighthouses? #21413 12/30/06 03:24 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Are the adapters that HL sells right now "normal size" plugs or big bricks? Just OOC, I'm not in that loop.

A multiple-adapter thing could be a great solution...the only thing is, it might have to be different from the D56 version to prevent "collectables industry copycat syndrome." D56 may have that patented or something, and the last thing we need is a lawsuit against HL.

It seems that the power issue is really the biggest concern with the light-up pieces...and the reason for a large part of their "hatred." A solution like this might help fix that "bridge."

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,425 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users