Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Susan Hannum Passes #211623 10/20/21 02:45 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I received an email this morning from our Webmaster Dave Hannum informing me that his wife had just passed away. I will include a portion of the email in this post, but, since Dave is a very private person, he asks that you do not let this information be posted on gossip websites but feel free to let other collectors know:

"I have to share sad news with you. Unfortunately, things progressed very quickly over the past few weeks leading to Susan entering hospice. This morning Susan lost her 9 month battle with cancer. She has been in the hospital in hospice care since early last Thursday morning. We were very fortunate to be in the care of some excellent, caring nurses and other staff. One of the hospitalist doctors was able to arrange for her to be admitted to the hospital and stay through her passing rather than be discharged after three days as is normal. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers you all have shared with us over the past few months. They have meant a lot to us. We are tentatively planning a celebration of life for next Saturday, October 30th. As we get things set up I will let everyone know."

Rich
Re: Susan Hannum Passes [Re: flacoastie] #211627 10/29/21 03:26 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Dave, My deepest sympathies on the passing of your wife Sue. I will keep Sue, you, and your family in my prayers. God bless you !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Susan Hannum Passes [Re: flacoastie] #211628 11/01/21 05:53 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
At our age this becomes a more of a common occurrence of facing death. But when it hits close to home it is devastating.. It is a change of our lives forever. Just letting you know I care and am thinking of you and what you are going through.

Last edited by DANIEL; 11/01/21 08:51 PM.

DANIEL

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users