Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Welcome Wheels #211581 05/06/21 09:04 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Welcome to the best lighthouse site on the web. We can always come up with an answer to your question or questions about Harbour Lights and we would appreciate any comments or ideas you have. So, don't hesitate to ask and we won't be bashful to answer and please give us your ideas on everything concerning lighthouses and associated topics.

Please take the time to tell us about yourself, your hobbies and your interests such as photography, reading, traveling and lighthouse activities. If your interested in postcards or games, we have internal Forums for exchanging postcards and playing lighthouse games. We also have an internal Forum for selling, buying and trading Harbour Lights products and we have a dealer Forum for our Dealers that are members to advertise their specials and events.

PLEASE READ THE RULES THAT APPLY TO THIS WEBSITE PRIOR TO MAKING ANY POSTS. HARBOUR LIGHTS ITEMS AND HARBOUR LIGHTS RELATED ITEMS ARE THE ONLY ITEMS THAT MAY BE SOLD OR TRADED ON THIS FORUM. ANY OTHER ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE, TRADE OR ADVERTISED MAY MEAN IMMEDIATE BARRING OR REMOVAL FROM THIS SITE.

Rich
Re: Welcome Wheels [Re: flacoastie] #211582 05/06/21 01:17 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome Wheels to the Forums

DANIEL
Re: Welcome Wheels [Re: flacoastie] #211587 05/13/21 08:43 AM
W
Wheels Offline
W
Thank you for the welcome. I am Lisa Roberts Wheeler. My mother was Shirley Roberts who was an absolutely avid Harbour Lights Collector. Her house is filled with them. Sadly, my mother passed away last February right before the pandemic hit, so I now own her collection. She loved the Harbour Lights collection! For years she went on a trip at least once a year with the group and that was the highlight of her year. She loved the Youngers and even had my three boys meet them at breakfast once. I don't know if any of you were on the trips with my mother, but she also documented those meticulously. I probably have 150 3" binders about those trips with photos, tickets, brochures, memorabilia, etc. I remember one year, she drove, by herself, from South Carolina up to Washington state, then down the west coast seeing every lighthouse along the way. She stopped in San Diego, for the Harbour Lights convention and my father flew out and met here there for that. She then drove, along the entire southern border of the US visiting the lighthouses, around the gulf and the west coast of Florida and up to my home in Southeast Florida. We then went to the Keys and some other places together looking at lighthouses, then she drove on up the east coast back to South Carolina seeing all of them along the way. She was an incredibly independent and determined lady and that shows in her vast Harbour Lights collections. So far, I have boxed 304 of the normal sized lighthouses and another 125+ are still on display in the house plus many, many duplicates that were already boxed. She also has, I think, every little light, and the thumbnails, plus many, many other items that have been given along the way.

I don't yet know what I am going to do with the collection. I am trying to get them all boxed right now, which is no easy task in and of itself. I will have to sell most of them as I don't have room for all of them. Right now, I am just trying to get educated on the collection and that's where this forum comes in.

Re: Welcome Wheels [Re: flacoastie] #211594 06/04/21 02:33 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
It so nice when a new member answers the Welcome Mat. I think so many of us forget to look back to see if someone actual answers back. . I am probably the oldest collector on the forum that still collects . First Harbour Light lighthouse in 1996, a HL 177/417 Alcatraz. and still collecting purchasing over 50 lighthouse last year. Do you remember your mothers AOL user name or her forum name?

When your mother went to San Diego that would have been the first Harbour light reunion in 1997 which she would have received the New Point Loma HL604 and NPL mini HL605 reunion pieces.
I assume when you say standard lighthouse you mean the Limited Edition ones . Look for hand written low numbers, brown boxes, white box with words Castle studios and AP on the lighthouses, also check when manufacture, those made in 2008 to 2011 are in demand. Also Fresnel lens are going for $ 250 and up depending on the model.. Best thing you can do is a spread sheet with the HL name, number and the hand written production number. This will help you when you go to sell..

Good luck

DANIEL
Re: Welcome Wheels [Re: flacoastie] #211596 06/06/21 11:13 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I started collecting in June 1992 when my wife bought me a HL132 Ponce Inlet lighthouse for my birthday. I no longer collect on a regular basis since I have a complete collection of LE, AB and Lens making up over 700 pieces in my collection but I can never pass up a bargain.

Rich
Re: Welcome Wheels [Re: flacoastie] #211598 06/08/21 07:43 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Welcome Lisa.
Very interesting account of your Mom's travels. Thank you for sharing that. It truly is amazing what lighthouse people will do for their passion! My condolences on her passing.
There are many people here who can help you. Also lots of great information in the catacombs of these forums. I personally have begun to add Harbour Lights tutorials to my website. They may also be of some help. Here's a link...
https://thecapecodstore.com/pages/harbour-lights-tutorials

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,025 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users