cf-banner.jpg
Topic Options
#211148 - 01/09/19 08:55 PM Lighthouses in Ireland
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko

Loc: Orlando, Fl.
Susan and I will be going to Ireland and Northern Ireland in May. We will see dozens of lighthouses. If you have been which ones are must sees??? We will driving from Dublin heading north and circle the entire island. We have a 2 night stay at Fanad Lighthouse.

#211152 - 01/19/19 12:50 PM Re: Lighthouses in Ireland [Re: ericlighthouse]
RMau Offline
Wacko

Loc: Weeki Wachee, FL
Eric,

I have no good idea if there are 'must see' Irish lighthouses. I think that there over 80 to choose from.

In our traveling days, any trip that included a boat ride was considered a good trip. So I'd be looking for a least one ferry ride to an offshore lighthouse. Arranmore is one.

What I can offer you is to allow yourself time to really enjoy the ones you do stop to see.

Have a great trip!

Rick

#211155 - 01/23/19 03:47 AM Re: Lighthouses in Ireland [Re: ericlighthouse]
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko

Hi Rick, we do plan to see Arranmore and a few more that require ferries. Of course if weather is bad, we realize we may have to change plans. We also decided to see the Great 12 lighthouses or Ireland (a list made by the Irish Commissioner of Lights (there 12 you can rent and some of them also have tours). If you do rent the minimum is two nights. Forgot to mention if first post we will be in Ireland/Northern Ireland for 15 nights, 11 locations.

#211156 - 01/23/19 08:42 PM Re: Lighthouses in Ireland [Re: ericlighthouse]
Dave H Offline
Saint

Loc: Kokomo, IN
Eric,

Don't know if you have searched thru these forums for ideas and info. I remembered Dennis had visited Ireland sometime ago and I was able to find the thread from 2007.

Dennis' Ireland thread

Remember that this trip was 12 years ago, but Dennis is a good story teller and there are a number of pictures in the thread.

#211159 - 01/25/19 10:56 AM Re: Lighthouses in Ireland [Re: ericlighthouse]
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko

Thanks Dave.

Moderator:  wheland 
Forum Stats
2,526 Registered Members
39 Forums
16,846 Topics
184,128 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,257 @ 10/11/17 10:52 AM
Who's Online
0 registered (), 349 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SDJ, Capt Montana, Sherry4, Steeler70, Paul A
2526 Registered Users