Next Thread
Print Thread
Future Informational and Volume Updates #210985 05/19/18 05:14 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Greetings,

After numerous phone calls and many hours on the phone with CenturyLink, my email provider, I was informed that because of increased SPAM activity being generated by email communication I can no longer send out mass emails to the over 300+ collectors receiving my updates. Because of the SPAN threats, CenturyLink customers have been limited to 50 or less emails per hour. This procedure has also been incorporated by many other internet/Email providers to protect their customers. With my current 37 volumes comprising 19 emails plus 2 informational emails (21 emails) for my May 01, 2018 update you have an idea of my problem for future updates. I would be limited to only being able to send out my volumes to 2 collectors per hour. You have already received my May 1st 2018 Updates so this email concerns only future updates starting with informational updates after July 1st and the December 1st Update and beyond. I will be sending out an email to every collector receiving my volumes over the next 2-3 days to respond to.

Based on the above restrictions I am sending this email to the over 300+ collectors currently receiving my volumes to explain my problem and possibly slim down my mailing list. I have come to the conclusion that many of my 300+ collectors that are currently receiving my updated volumes do not really use them anymore as they did when lighthouses were a hot topic. To that end I will not be sending out future updated volumes and informational emails automatically like I did in the past unless I hear back from you that you are really interested in continuing to receive my updates. I will give you until July 1st to let me know that you still want to receive them. If I have not heard back from you by the July 1st date I will permanently remove you from my mailing list. This will give me the opportunity to see how many collectors actually still want to receive them and what collectors have been receiving them but are not really interested anymore. After I see how many collectors still want my updates I will decide how I will handle future updates.

Remember, I must hear back from you by July 1st saying you still want to receive my volume updates and informational emails or you will be permanently removed from my mailing list!

Rich
Re: Future Informational and Volume Updates [Re: flacoastie] #210986 05/19/18 03:10 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Good idea Rich. Thin them out to who really wants them.

DANIEL
Re: Future Informational and Volume Updates [Re: flacoastie] #211046 07/03/18 01:55 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Greetings,

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ ABOUT UPCOMING UPDATES !!!

I recently sent out an email to the 300+ collectors that were currently receiving my Harbour Lights Volumes and informational emails. I informed all collectors that if I did not get a response from them telling me that they wanted to remain on my mailing list that I would delete them from my list and they would no longer receive updates and informational emails. I have now been able to eliminate those who no longer wish to receive my updates and those that received my email are the ones still wanting to receive my volumes.

The reason I was trying to cut down my mailing list was that my email provider, CenturyLink, informed me because of increased SPAM activity being generated by email communications, CenturyLink customers would be limited to 50 or less emails per hour. This procedure has also been incorporated by many other internet/Email providers to protect their customers. With my current 21 emails for my May 01, 2018 update you have an idea of my problem for future updates. I would only be able to send 2 collectors my updates every hour. It would take about 19 days to send to my original 300+ collectors. Even with my reduced collectors list it would still take me 9 days to complete. This is still an impossible task.

I have looked at many alternatives and have finally come to the conclusion, based on wanting to control who gets my volumes, that starting with the Dec. 2018 Volume Updates I will only send out the volumes that have actually been updated. The May 2018 Volumes will be the baseline volume set and should be kept by collectors until a volume in the baseline set is updated and you have received the updated volume. Then you may delete the old volume and replace it with the updated version. Updated volumes will have a date other than the baseline’s 05/01/18 date on the cover page. Volume 1 will also have a list of current updates by date. What this means is instead of sending out all of the 37 volumes contained in the May 2018 Update you may only be receiving 3-5 updated volumes. I can include the updated volumes in 1-2 emails and send these emails out to 40 (1 email) or 20 (2 emails) collectors per hour. At 20 collectors per hour receiving 2 emails each I should be able to send to all the collectors in 7-8 hours (half that time if only one email is sent).

What you can then do is replace the volume(s) from the May 2018 base update with the volume(s) that have been updated for the Dec. 2018 update and the same for the May 2019 update, etc. Hopefully this will make sense to you and you should not have any questions, but if you do, don’t hesitate to ask them.

On a final note concerning Harry’s latest lighthouses, he has reached an obstacle on both production and painting of his latest planned lighthouses, Barbers Point, HI and Isle Royale, MI, and as of this time there is no definite release date set for either of them. Harry is currently travelling in Asia, and probably England, looking for a manufacturer. Hang tight and as soon as something is definite you will be informed.

Rich
Re: Future Informational and Volume Updates [Re: flacoastie] #211163 02/05/19 02:35 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Greetings,

I am posting this to the collectors receiving my PDF Files of my Harbour Lights Volumes. As you know I have been limited by my provider to not send more than 50 emails over an 8 hour period. This is really a problem when I have to send out updates to close to 300 collectors especially when I have 2 or more emails per update. I have kept to this requirement over the last year. I realize that there are collectors on my mailing list that no longer are interested in the Harbour Lights information contained in my volumes because they have either lost interest in lighthouses or have sold/given their collections away.

Based on this thought, I am asking you if you no longer want to receive my updated volumes in May and December please send me an email to flacoastie@embarqmail.com stating that you would like to be removed from future mailings and I will remove your name. If you want to continue receiving my mailings you do not have to do anything and I will leave your name on my mailing list.

Rich
Re: Future Informational and Volume Updates [Re: flacoastie] #211309 07/30/19 09:42 AM
L
lobo012847 Offline
L
I just saw your post and am VERY slow in responding to it. However, if you would be so kind, will you please add me to your Collectors List. I have about 150 Harbour Lights in my collection and am interested in learning what is going on in HL world.
Thank you,

George Wolfe
Barefoot Bay, FL 32976

Re: Future Informational and Volume Updates [Re: flacoastie] #211310 07/30/19 10:31 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Please send me an email to flacoastie@embarqmail.com to request them.

Rich

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users