F
FredKuhl Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
F
Some of the dealers are still doing it.
Doing what?

Tacking on an extra $5 handling fee over and above the suggested retail price published by Harbour Lights. When purchasing from a dealer you have not dealt with before, it is advisable to double check your write-up before payment.

When Bill Y was in the SF Bay Area for a signing, He visited three shops. The 3rd shop at Point Arena charged an extra $5 per piece to an early attendee. A later attendee was charged suggested retail. Evidently someone in between discovered the fact and raised a stink.

The first time I encountered this, I asked to talk to the owner (manager). I let my feelings be known and told him that I, and any of my collector friends that I encountered, would do our business elsewhere. The practice was discontinued. Paying an excess charge on several lighthouses is the same as buying one and then taking a hammer to it. It's your $$$$, do what you will.

Remember. These were cash (credit card?) and carry. NOT shipped inter or intra state.

[This message has been edited by FredKuhl.]

Re: Buyer Beware #21043 07/01/98 12:51 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
>> Paying an excess charge on several lighthouses is the same as buying one and then taking a hammer to it. It's your $$$$, do what you will.

I think its more like buying one, taking a hammer to it but missing and hitting your thumb instead. With enough time you'll probably recoup your over payment and your thumbnail will regrow.

But they both hurt and should be avoided. 8*)

__
/im [And buy enough models from lighthouse depot and you'll buy one in shipping charges]

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,317 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users