Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Welcome nobskagroom #210149 06/12/16 07:57 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Welcome to the best lighthouse site on the web. We can always come up with an answer to your question or questions about Harbour Lights and we would appreciate any comments or ideas you have. So, don't hesitate to ask and we won't be bashful to answer and please give us your ideas on everything concerning lighthouses and associated topics.

Please take the time to tell us about yourself, your hobbies and your interests such as photography, reading, travelling and lighthouse activities. If your interested in postcards or games, we have internal Forums for exchanging postcards and playing lighthouse games. We also have an internal Forum for selling, buying and trading Harbour Lights products and we have a dealer Forum for our Dealers that are members to advertise their special and events.

PLEASE READ THE RULES THAT APPLY TO THIS WEBSITE PRIOR TO MAKING ANY POSTS. HARBOUR LIGHTS ITEMS AND HARBOUR LIGHTS RELATED ITEMS ARE THE ONLY ITEMS THAT MAY BE SOLD OR TRADED ON THIS FORUM. ANY OTHER ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE, TRADE OR ADVERTISED MAY MEAN IMMEDIATE BARRING OR REMOVAL FROM THIS SITE.

Rich
Re: Welcome nobskagroom [Re: flacoastie] #210152 06/12/16 06:21 PM
N
nobskagroom Offline
N
Hi all!

Thanks for adding me to the forum! I look forward to reading more of the posts on here, learning more about Harbour Lights, and chatting with fellow people who seem to have as much love for lighthouses as I do!

My lighthouse fascination began around the time I got married at Nobska Point Lighthouse on 9-10-11. Since then, I've tried to visit and climb (when possible) as many lighthouses as I can on our roadtrip vacations. The funny thing is that I am terrified of heights, yet here I go climbing all these lighthouses because (1) I want to brag I climbed all those steps - especially when I see people more than half my age climbing with no problem (I'm not the smallest guy on the steps!) and (2) the view is absolutely worth it!!!

I've tried to collect a sculpture (of course, a Harbour Lights sculpture, when possible) of every light I've visited or climbed. As well, when I visit -- the joke seems to be that I probably support each lighthouse's gift shop annual budget by buying one of everything they have before I leave. I have so many things with lighthouses on it (in fact, my kitchen is a lighthouse theme) I could probably open up a lighthouse museum in my home. I also have been collecting lighthouse stamps, but still haven't joined the US Lighthouse Society yet... one of these days!!

I didn't even start collecting HLs until after production ended, so I've been spending many paychecks on eBay the past few years. Having just visited Jones Point for the first time a few weeks ago and then searching to see if there was a HL for it... I was overjoyed to see the first lighthouse Harry Hine did for his new collection and bought it right away!

I still have many HLs I want to get my hands on, so I will read through the forums more when I have some time, but just wanted to express my appreciation that there are people out there who seems to love lighthouses as much as me!

Thanks and talk soon!
Chris Hulse
Swoyersville, PA

Re: Welcome nobskagroom [Re: flacoastie] #210154 06/13/16 04:41 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Did you get my volumes since I have not heard from you?

Rich
Re: Welcome nobskagroom [Re: flacoastie] #210156 06/14/16 02:27 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome nobskagroom to the Forums.
It is so great when a new member answers back in the Welcome Mat. Most newbies are not that inquisitive.

I think it could be quite fun to collect HL after they retired. Besides some of the early ones like the Cape Hatteras and Coquille, the new ones like the later Christmas pieces and the HL355 to HL399 are the hard ones to find.
Key Largo and Alligator Reef are almost impossible to find.

DANIEL

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,438 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users