Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is your Golden Gate Bridge turning to rust? #21011 09/04/07 12:06 AM
JeffMarsh Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
I was going through my collection of lighthouses, getting ready to put some on ebay, and while I was wiping the dust off my Gold Golden Gate Bridge, I noticed oxidation on several spots. It's a grey/white color where several of those pieces were put together. It's not all over, just where the pieces are attached. I took a picture of it, but it's not that noticeable. Only when held up close. Has anybody else seen this? Or aware of this? I have two other older gold pieces and this is not prevalent with them- just the bridge. Should I just leave it or treat it? How and with what? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Is your Golden Gate Bridge turning to rust? #21012 09/04/07 11:07 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I would contact Hl and see if they could do anything with it. I wouldn't think they would have any replacements left but maybe it could be sent back to the factory for repairs. I remember Rich having Pitting problems with his. But he received it that way and got it replaced.

DANIEL
Re: Is your Golden Gate Bridge turning to rust? #21013 09/04/07 02:00 PM
sandy Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Jeff,

The one I have shows no problems such as you described, but it's housed in an acrylic case and always has been displayed that way. Think Daniel's suggestion is how you should proceed.

If HL asks that you find a vendor to get it repaired at HL's expense, I can give you the name of someone on the east coast who does marvelous repairs, but you have to have the patience of a saint because he usually takes about 10 months to a year to get the repairs done.

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,415 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users