I am entertaining the idea of having a separate volume dedicated to short stories written by veterans and retired military based on their experiences while in the service. If I do this It will be similar to the Hollyhock Stories written by “Nik” Nahikian that are currently contained in the Military Humor Volume 11. I will be moving some existing stories that are now contained in the Collectors Story Volume 7 and 11 that are more related to this new volume, plus any new military related stories I get from you and other collectors.

These stories should relate to something that you did or saw while in the military and can be short or long depending on the situation. There will be a short lead-in that will contain some personal information such as your name, rank/rate, branch of service and the dates you served or are serving.

For those of you that have not served, please don’t feel left out because I am still looking for stories based on your HLs collection, lighthouse travels, lighthouse vacations, how you started collecting HLs, etc. Again I will need some personal information for the lead-in to your story such as name, married/single, children/grandchildren, occupation/retired, lighthouse clubs, where you live, etc.

Would you consider sending me stories of your time in the service or any other collectors stories? I don’t plan on putting this volume out until the end of this year so we have plenty of time, but, please don’t wait until the end of November to send it. The cutoff date will be November 1st because I have to review the story, edit as necessary and send it back to you for your final approval and then enter it into the appropriate volume. It also might be something your relatives or friends might be interested in so pass this on. What do you think?

If you have a story to tell, and are willing to share it, please let me know ahead of time so I can plan for it. If you are not interested you do not have to respond at all.

Rich