Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Special Variation Wisconsin Point #209432 09/05/14 06:09 PM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
In searching for ways to re-home the last few remaining Harbour Lights Wisconsin Point pieces Rich approached Harry Hine about the possibility of Harry repainting the water on the pieces from blue to green. Harry liked the idea and agreed to take on the project. You can see pictures of his work below.
Rich also asked Harry if he would sign the pieces he modified, which he readily agreed to do. However, Harry took it a step further and asked Bill and Nancy if they would also sign the pieces. Not only are they willing, Bill told Harry he has loaded up on Sharpies! And, we hope that Kim will also join in the signing party.

I realize that not everyone will be happy to see pieces modified to have green water. While I understand the feelings, I have several Wisconsin Point pieces that need to relocate from my garage to someone else’s home. If this helps move them out, I am willing to give it a go. And, the fact that you will get the Younger family signatures on the pieces is a wonderful bonus.

Given that these lights will be traveling cross country twice, I have determined that they need to be sold at the original selling price - $65 each, shipped to your lower 48 address. You may order more than one should you desire. Understand that the pieces will have numbers above 450. I will take orders until October 15 or until such time as they (hopefully) are all gone. To order one you will need to first send me an email and then send me a deposit – similar to how we handled the sale of the Erie Land Light pieces. The deposit will be $25 per piece ordered and is non-refundable unless we cancel the project. I will advise when the balance is due. Of course, if you want to pay in full up front, that is fine. If you would like to use PayPal to make payment, I will be glad to send you a PayPal “bill” for the amount. You can use either your PayPal balance or a credit card.

Please understand that we expect this to take several months to complete. Collecting orders and shipping the lights to Harry will consume some amount of time. And, Harry is doing this work in his spare time, which we truly appreciate. Once the lights are all painted Harry will have a signing party to get them all signed by the family.

As an added incentive, I have a single digit Wisconsin Point piece that will be randomly awarded to a purchaser of a modified piece. The single digit piece will not be modified.
To order a green water modification, please send me an email at the below address. Please be sure to include your name, mailing address and email. If you want to use PayPal let me know. If you prefer to pay by check I will send you payment instructions. I will acknowledge your emails so that you know I have received them.

Use this email address: forums-hl-project [@] sbcglobal.net. You will need to remove the spaces and brackets to make it work (the hyphens are part of the address). Please do not send me a PM through the Collector Forums.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209438 09/08/14 02:42 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Greetings,

It has now been almost 3 days since out announcement about the enhanced Wisconsin Point, WI that Harry Hine is going to do for us with “Green Water”. We inventoried and have 48 Wisconsin Points left with “Blue Water” and so far have sold almost 30 of them that are going to be modified. That does not leave many left to be sold so if you are procrastinating about buying a “Green Water” enhancement lighthouse, don’t wait too much longer or they may be gone. The enhanced “Green Water” piece will be $65.00 each and there is no limit to how many you can purchase (maybe one for future sales since there will be only 48 maximum).

If you never bought or heard about the Wisconsin Point Collectors Forums Exclusive when it came out in 2008, it was produced in a quantity of 500 and was the 2nd exclusive for the Collectors Forum, with the Erie Land Light, PA being the 1st exclusive. The Wisconsin Point was produced with “Blue Water” and originally retailed for $65.00 which included shipping. If you have never bought a “Blue Water version and still want to buy this version, to put with your “Green Water” enhanced version, I’m sure Dave will sell you one for about $40.00. The reason the “Green Water” version is $65.00 is because it will make a trip to California and then back to Indiana for the enhancement process. It will also be signed by Harry Hine and the Younger Family to add to its value.

Please contact Dave per the enclosure to place your order, and as I said earlier, do not procrastinate or you may lose out. If you have any problems or question please feel free to email me. Remember in Dave’s email address to remove the space before and after the brackets and also remove both brackets and the period after “net”. Leave the hyphens in as they are part of the email address. Give Dave your name, full mailing address, email address and how you want to pay (PayPal, check, money order) and whether you want to put $25.00 deposit for each piece ordered or want to pay in full at this time. Dave will send you a mailing address for checks and money orders or a PayPal invoice. Remember, it may take 3-4 months to complete enhancement, shipping times and final mailings to the buyers.

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209440 09/08/14 03:20 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I would like to add that if anyone would like to buy another Blue water version but wanted it signed. I don't see why that could not be possible for the same cost as the Green water for the $65. This is to cover the twice across the country shipping.

Am I right in this assumption?

DANIEL
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209441 09/08/14 03:28 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Without asking Dave, I would assume that he would have no problem doing this at the $65.00 cost. That is something to ask if you place the order.

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209443 09/09/14 02:16 PM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks to all for the great initial response. There are now 14 Wisconsin Point pieces remaining so if you would like one, please get it ordered.

The sooner these sell out, the sooner they get sent to Harry for the modification and signatures. Or, we wait until Oct 15 and send Harry the pieces that are sold at that point and close out the modified option with signatures at whatever number have been sold.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209444 09/09/14 08:57 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
The other thing that was never mentioned is the proceeds from the sale of these enhanced Wisconsin Points will help fund the Forums at least another 2 years if we can sell them out.

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209445 09/09/14 10:48 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
WE sold over 30 of these and no real discussion. A little story about the Green waters. In the early years of Harbour Lights they tried to capture the real color of the ocean. Lighthouses like the Michigan City and Minot's Ledge had many versions of water colors. I asked Kim why so many versions and she stated that they kept on trying and couldn't get the color right. Finally HL gave up and would only color the water blue. The green water in real live is caused by Algae.

Other Green water version were the Barnegat and New London Ledge.

DANIEL
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209448 09/13/14 12:26 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I am also very surprised that we have had no real discussion on this enhancement that is going to take place by Harry.

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209450 09/17/14 01:28 PM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
As an update, I have shipped 3 cases (36) of the WP pieces to Harry for modification and signatures. I am now working on the last case of WPs, so if you are interested in one please contact me sooner rather than later.

I have allowed until October 15 to order. If the last case is sold out before then, I will immediately ship it to Harry. Otherwise, I will ship enough to complete the orders sometime shortly after the 15th. None of them will be completed (signed) until all have been painted. They will then make the trip back to me for distribution. I will send out PayPal requests for payment of the balance due when they start the trip back to me.

If you just want a blue water version, I have a couple "stragglers" that I will sell for $40 each. I will ship those as soon as I receive payment.

Thanks to all who have jumped in to purchase one of these modified pieces to help fund the forums for a couple my years. I appreciate it, as does my garage. Don't forget, one purchaser of a green water piece will also receive a single digit unmodified piece.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209461 10/01/14 11:44 PM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Been a couple weeks since my last post. We are working on selling the last case of WP pieces. Two weeks left, but I would love to sell out the case before then so I can get it shipped to Harry.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209464 10/06/14 01:17 AM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I just received word from Harry that the first 36 pieces are complete - painted green and signed by Harry, Bill & Nancy. They will be en route back to me within the next few days. Over the next few days. I will be sending PayPal requests for payment to those who have a remaining amount due.

We will draw for the single digit piece after the 15th. There is still time to get a green water piece ordered if you have not yet done so.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209465 10/06/14 02:13 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
And just to clarify for the drawing of the single digit Blue Water version, there will be one chance given for EACH Green Water version you ordered.

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209471 10/10/14 03:08 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
The countdown is now at 5 days to purchase your Green Water piece. If you are holding off ordering, please don't miss your chance to get this rare 1 of 48 pieces (maximum quantity). Harry, Bill and Nancy are doing us a BIG favor and after the last of the pieces are sent on the 16th there will not be a chance to get one of these enhanced and signed Green Water pieces unless they appear on Ebay. We will not bother Harry again sending 1 or 2 additional pieces to be enhanced.

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209478 10/15/14 11:24 PM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The first batch of modified green water WP pieces have arrived. I am working to get them ready to go to the post office. I expect to have them mailed out over the next several days.

For the procrastinators - today was to be the last day to order. I am not going to be able to get the last case on its way to Harry for a couple of days, so you have a little longer to get your orders in.

For those of you who don't want a green water piece, I do have a handful of pieces that will remain blue water that I will sell for $40 each. They will not be signed by Harry, Bill & Nancy and will be shipped to you as soon as I receive payment.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209487 10/18/14 10:50 PM
Mark Wagner Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
My green water WP arrived today and looks great !

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209488 10/20/14 12:26 AM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks, Mark. I have also received notes from several others that they really like how Harry painted the pieces. The signatures are certainly a wonderful added bonus for everyone.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209489 10/20/14 10:51 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Can't wait to see my pieces! It's been a long time coming since Daniel and I both wanted Green Water when we were in the development stages of the WP but were outvoted because a few felt that green water didn't exist in the Great Lakes. Tell the people in Toledo that!!!

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209490 10/21/14 05:22 PM
L
LightHog Offline
L
My green water WP arrived, and in perfect condition. Harry did a great job, and looks good sitting next to the 'blue water'
Thanks to all who made this happen

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209491 10/21/14 09:39 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Just think for every 5 we sold (44 of them) we can fund the Forums for approximately 2 months so we have approximately 17 months of funding. This is in addition to what we still have left over from normal sales of the WP Blue Water.

Last edited by flacoastie; 10/22/14 04:18 PM. Reason: months of funding correction

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209492 10/22/14 02:43 AM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Mine arrived safe and sound as well. They look great and looking forward to finding a place to display a blue and green water piece.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209499 10/25/14 11:37 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
My two Green waters arrived. And they are awesome. What a fantastic night-cap to the forum exclusive. Besides this being the smallest green water production, it is the last Harbour Light issue to be signed by Bill, Nancy &Harry. And as Rich stated above we finally got our Green water version.

DANIEL
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209542 11/13/14 12:30 AM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
As it turns out, I have someone who defaulted on their green water conversion. If anyone would like one, or an additional one, please send me an email at forums-hl-project [@] sbcglobal.net. You will need to remove the spaces and brackets to make it work (the hyphens are part of the address). Please do not send me a PM through the Collector Forums.

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209573 12/04/14 02:05 AM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thank you all for your support. The WP is essentially sold out. Why essentially? In addition to the single digit I will announce in a moment, there are three more single digits. Haven’t decided how we will re-home them so I am open to suggestions (other than “send them to me”). Oh, did I mention that one is the #5 and I also happen to have the #5 Erie Land Light?

It is nice to have a little extra room in my garage. I am confident that the space will be overrun with all sorts of junk in no time flat, but the WPs have all been re-homed thanks to your help.

In a random drawing done by Nancy and Bill, the winner of the #4 single digit piece is Bruce Ganas. Congratulations, Bruce!

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209574 12/04/14 12:12 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Congratulations Bruce! Thank you for your support and enjoy both the Green Water and Blue Water versions.

Rich
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209575 12/04/14 03:57 PM
Lightseeker Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Wow! I feel very, very lucky. I regretted not buying a blue water version, but this is the best of both worlds. Once again, procrastination pays off!

Many thanks for the efforts of Bill, Nancy, and Harry in making the green water version a perfect end to the WP Project.

HUGE THANKS are due Dave Hannum for his monumental effort on the entire Wisconsin Point project. Not only will WP pieces provide collectors with a wonderful conclusion to up to 20 years of collecting, but the funding for the continuation of the Collector Forums will keep the flame burning for all who participate. With the continuing secondary market, supported by the Trading Post (and other venues), HL collecting will actually not soon end for many collectors.

If the Forum membership can gift Dave with the #5 piece, let mine be the first vote. If we have to buy it for him, I'm in, but who sets the price?

Bruce

Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209576 12/04/14 05:57 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
If the Forum membership can gift Dave with the #5 piece, let mine be the first vote.

I second the vote

DANIEL
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209579 12/08/14 03:53 AM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Make that three.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Special Variation Wisconsin Point [Re: Dave H] #209591 12/12/14 04:31 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
My 4 "Green Water" WPs arrived today and they are great. One for my collection, one for my son's collection and two for resale at a later date.

Rich

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,013 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users