Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your WORST Nightmare #209393 08/13/14 04:05 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The worst nightmare (well almost the worst) a person can have is to open up your email and find all your email addresses gone along with your special email folders. This is what happened to me Monday evening when I went to send out a couple of emails. I thought at first it was my Outlook 2013 that had a problem but it wasn't Microsoft. Then I suspected my HP desktop but after talking to HP I was convinced it wasn't the computer. I never suspected my provider (Centurylink) because my laptop, IPAD, IPHONE and IPOD were all receiving emails correctly and everything else on my desktop was working fine.

I finally ended up calling Centurylink the next day and found out that they were updating equipment and systems and that I must have connected to my email at the same time they were doing something to their equipment or system (at least this is what they said). They told me to delete my existing email addresses on my computer and then re-establish them and MAYBE my email addresses would reappear (wishful thinking on my part). NO LUCK! Fortunately I had backed up my email addresses last November when I switched out my computer so I have all the email addresses to that date. They are now back in my computer (typed in by hand) but I have none of the new email addresses from November to present.

Anyone reading this post that has requested a copy of "My Complete Guide to Harbour Lights Lighthouses" since November 16th 2013 has had their email address lost in LA-LA Land and if they want the December 2014 update that is being worked on as this is being typed needs to send me their email address in an email to flacoastie@embarqmail.com so I can add your email address back into my computer.

Oh, by they way, I now have a backup in a word document saved to a thumbdrive in case it ever happens again and I WILL keep it current as new email addresses come in to me. I basically lost 40 email addresses and these people will not be on the list for the December update unless I hear from them with their email address.

Rich
Re: Your WORST Nightmare [Re: flacoastie] #209477 10/15/14 10:13 PM
Sprightly Offline
Hi Rich,
I'm needing a copy of the current guide and please put me on your email list for the December 2014 update.

Sending my info. to your email now.
Thanks,

Dana

Re: Your WORST Nightmare [Re: flacoastie] #209480 10/16/14 09:59 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Will do!

Rich

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 929 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users