Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? #209347 07/20/14 12:33 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Forget the Online box that shows right now there have been 317 "guests" in the last 24 hours. They contribute nothing to the CF. In truth, there were 5 members who visited the site in the last 24. And I'm one of them here to post this message.

Let's see if we can get 10 members to take the "positive side" and post a reply that tells us why we should keep the Collector's Forum Open. Don't include the new members who enroll primarily to find out how much their HL collection is worth and/or to post items for sale. They are at the end of any interest they might have had in Collecting.

It's been a good run. I started this website in 1997. Over the years, there were great events and lots of friends were made. But the thing around which we gathered is no more. No more trade shows, no regional events, no store events. No new Harbour Lights to swoon over and discuss.

It might be possible to preserve the messages here for searching -- while not permitting new members, new posts, comments or questions.

WIthout stuffing the "ballot box", let's see what posts this thread pulls in the next 30 days.

John Chidester

Last edited by Webmaster; 07/20/14 12:35 AM.
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209351 07/21/14 11:13 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
John - I waited to see if anyone else was going to post before I added my 2 cents worth. It appears that everyone is too bashful or as you say John, "It's been a good run".

I don't understand the rush to drop the Forums since we still have money to support the Forums through the end of this year and there might be a way to continue the funding for an additional 2 years after this.

I also don't understand what is meant by "It might be possible to preserve the messages here for searching -- while not permitting new members, new posts, comments or questions." Either we shut down the Forums and stop paying the monthly fee OR we keep the Forums alive and pay the fee. Why would we pay to keep the history and not allow, even the few members that post, to not be able to post? I have monitored daily and have seen an average of 8-10 members visiting over a 24 hour period and an average of 300 non-members, or members not logging in, over the same 24 hour period. Right now, as I write this post, there are 10 members that visited in the last 24 hours based on the times they activated some post. They may not have posted but they were active in some way.

Now, let's look at the non-member and their reason for visiting. They are STILL interested enough in the Forums to visit and that should be enough reason right there to continue on until we run out of funds even though you say "They contribute nothing to the CF." Additionally, the new members that register only to sell their collection is another reason to keep the Forums alive as long as we can. I know of one new member, even though he may have never posted, that has taken advantage of the Trading Post to add over a 100 lighthouses to his growing collection.

Even though the Facebook group has left the Forums, there are still some old and new members alike that have an aversion to posting on Facebook and still feel comfortable with the Forums. I, of course, am one of them, and there are others maybe to bashful to post. There are other members that don't check or post daily but still want to feel the feeling that all is well when they log on and visit for the first time in days, weeks or months.

I think giving a month to respond is sufficient time to respond, both in the positive and negative, BUT I still ask what the rush is as long as we still have money to continue, whether it be for a month, 6 months or a couple of years?

Rich
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209352 07/21/14 11:18 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi John,
I'm still reading the CF a few times a week, but don't post much anymore. Most of my posts from 2006 through 2012 were due to my interest in new releases. Since there hasn't been any since 2011, I guess I don't have much to say.

I still have most of my HL's in display cabinets, I have a room and a half dedicated to HL boxes, and I have NO interest in selling any of them or downsizing.

I already have two Wisconsin Points. I would jump at the chance to buy a couple of another CF exclusive if that ever happens again. I would love for the Collector Society to return.

I probably was the biggest poster between 2006 and 2012 because of my great passion for Harbour Lights. I think I have the most posts of any non-Saint.

I'm for whatever it take to keep the forums up and running !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209353 07/21/14 08:18 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Still lots of good info and even though there may not be a lot of posting here, there are conversations outside of this arena about things which may have been posted here. The Forums have also been the only way that some of the members here have learned of the passing of Bob Ott and Rick Korycinski, and may also be the only place to learn of other such unfortunate passings of lost friends in the future. People still have Harbour Lights dreams. I know. Because of these Forums I have helped hook up buyers and sellers of those dreams. It may be at the end of "Lonely Street" but it hasn't become "Heartbreak Hotel" as of yet.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209354 07/21/14 11:07 PM
C
Charlie Offline
C
Folks,

I joined the forum several months ago, but have not been too active - just didn't turn on my radar for it. But now that its future is being considered please know that I will be visiting more often. I've never been much of a contributor to forums, but definitely am interested in monitoring and learning from what others have to share who do like to speak up via this medium.

Please take this as a vote to continue, even though I'm a "quiet" type.

Charlie Anderson

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209355 07/21/14 11:08 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
This reminds me of a family gathering together to decide whether to take their Love one off of life support. The Forum is the final thread of life for Harbour Lights. As long as the Forum is alive the spirit of Harbour Lights lives. I truly believe if this forum is dissolved that HL collectables will take another dive in value and all that will be left is fading memories.

Instead of talk about giving up, let’s talk about how we can fix the forum and make it better. I agree that it has taken the trill out of collecting with the loss of the Harbour Lights new releases. But there are still exciting things happening in the collecting field. For one is the Bob Ott Collection. I enjoy to watch each week to see what rare collectables are available.

I agree with Rich, That as long as we have money coming in to fund the forum, it should stay operational.

DANIEL
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209356 07/22/14 12:26 AM
D
D Reidenbach Offline
D
I am a relatively new member (2 months) to the CF. I am downsizing my collection, but am keeping over 80 HLs. So I am interested in continuing to have an information resource regarding Harbour Lights.

And if I am downsizing - someone else is growing their collection. This (the CF) is the only remaining resource for us collectors out here.

What will it take to keep it going? As a newcomer, I am unaware of what is needed to maintain this very valuable information base about our collections. Is there a creative way to reach collectors who are not aware of the CF? I personally found it using a google search and have told others about it.

I agree with Rich and others who want to see the forum continue and thrive.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209357 07/22/14 01:59 AM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I am on the forums once or twice a week (not always logged in). It is an excellent on resource on Harbour lights info. While I have not posted much lately, I have bought a few more Harbour lights in the past twelve months, then I had in the four years before that time. Always great stuff to read on here.

Jim
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209363 07/22/14 04:46 PM
H
HarryV Offline
H
I do not always log in, but I check the forums several times a week. I look at the active post for what is new.

The search for info on Harbour Lights is not complete - there are several areas that I would like to see solved.
1. Like what were the skipped numbers to be.
2. pictures and more info on the Dealer Society kits (HL511 etc).
3. Another area would be to resolve exactly how many of the final Limited Editions were produced,
they have 1,200 on them but the best GUESS I have found is that only 550 were produced

Last edited by HarryV; 07/22/14 04:47 PM.
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209365 07/22/14 09:46 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Wow, totally understand if you have to shut it down, but it would be like losing an old friend. I jumped in back in 1999 in it's heyday, and spent many wonderful hours on here. I still l have my collection but had to put a stop to all the buying back in 2001. Lost my job, but I still come in from time to time. I think when harbour lights finally shut down I thought this site had shut down with it. Anyway, will check back from time to time, but wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful information and the passing of many wonderful hours of discussions found here.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209367 07/27/14 12:09 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
For me I see no point in shutting the Form down early if there is still the money to keep it going. After the money runs out however I do not really see any point in keeping it going. For over a year now while, I check in every day, I do not see much activity anymore. Very few people post anything and the form can go for days without any activity in all but one of the forms making it not of much value to me. Harbour Lights is not as important to me anymore as there are no more new pieces coming out and my interest has diminished over the last several years. I have moved on to other things but have not totally stopped as I still have most of my collection and still enjoy it.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209368 07/28/14 01:14 AM
Hal Dean Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I agree with SDudley that there is no point in shutting down the forums. If there is money to keep it going let sleeping dogs lie. Shutting down the forum would be like loosing a family member. I think we would be loosing all contact with other collectors.
We need to come up with something to keep it going. I am willing to pay a fee and I think other collectors would agree to a fee to keep the forum from shutting down. KEEP THE FLAME

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209370 07/28/14 04:01 PM
lmyhre Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I still check the forums once a week and often find something of interest. Even though I don't often post comments, I do enjoy the information and viewpoints of others. I still have my HL collection but my greater interest is lighthouses in general.

I'd hate to lose my "forum friends" and I'm not on Facebook, so this is my main on-line lighthouse resource. I, too, would be willing to pay a reasonable fee, if necessary, to see it continue.

Larry

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209371 07/29/14 07:02 PM
Pharologst Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I've been a member for about 15 yrs, and although my activity has dropped in the last few years, I still visit the site occasionally (~1-2 times/mo). My opinion , for whatever that's worth, is that the site should continue for as long as possible, since it still serves a valuable function, albeit reduced in volume due to the demise of HL's, but still useful. This was/is still the best source for lighthouse enthusiasts for information and general lighthouse chatter. It will be sorely missed whenever it folds, but for now I'd like to see it continue. IMHO

George "Pharologst"

Geo H.
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209376 08/04/14 09:52 PM
The Lightkeeper Offline
How much does it cost to keep the Forums up for a year?

The Lightkeeper
Mike
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209377 08/05/14 01:02 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
As a member from day 1, and looking back on all my friends here from our coast to coast travels for all those great events, I agree that this is a difficult decision. I visit the forums for information but most of the time I don’t even take the time to log in. I am not directly in touch with those friends of many years. That being said, this is the only place left where we can connect to hear the news about our group, and to have a taste of those good old days. So, my vote is to keep the site up as long as possible. And to John, Paul, Dave and all the others, Thanks for your work for all these years.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209378 08/05/14 05:53 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I spoke with Dave Hannum today, guardian of the remaining models of Wisconsin point. His 'guestimate' is 35 pieces remain to be sold. At the rate of $75 for two, that means another 17 sold will end our source of revenue. (However I didn't ask brother Dave how much was in the "kitty" at the present time.) Our monthly hosting fee is $100; The domain renewal annually is about $65.

I've posted a link to our selling page on a Facebook group who might be interested (Fan group of "Know Your Ships" annual booklet about Great Lakes Shipping.) https://www.facebook.com/groups/74265040605/10152586117345606/

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209379 08/07/14 12:11 AM
W
Walt Offline
Wacko
Wacko
W
I myself go to these forums quite often but do not log in. I have learned a lot on Harbour Lights from many of you. Right now I'm selling my collection except for my California Molds. I need three more pieces and I will have my collection complete. I have bought a lot of Harbour Lights from the posts on these forums. I have also sold many. John, I bought HL 196 Jeffrey's Hook from you which you posted on the forums. I really don't like adding my two cents on matters like this but I think it would be a big mistake if you did away with the forums.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209380 08/07/14 06:35 PM
R
RMau Offline
Wacko
Wacko
R
All,

Please understand. I do not want to see the demise of the Forums. I too visit it at least weekly, even though I rarely sign in. It is a part of my routine.

I also want to be clear that I appreciate the efforts of the handful of people who are, and have in the past, done the day-to-day work (yes, it is work to operate and maintain a presence on the web) of making the Forums possible. Including finding the funds to pay the bills.

But, would my life change if the Forums were gone? I don't think so. Certainly not enough for me to sign up to assist in open-ended financial support.

Using John's numbers from his post a couple of days ago, there is potentially one more year of operating funds available, IF all of the Wisconsin Points are sold @2 for $75.00. The math works out to $1,275.00, or 12 months @ $100.00 per month and $75.00 to pay the domain renewal fee.

I don't know the rate of WP sales, but it would need to average about 3 sales every 2 months to sell all 17 available pairs in the next 12 months.

Beyond that, everyone who has offered to pony up 'a small fee' would be on the hook. I think about 17 individuals have posted in this thread. Not all of them made the offer to financially support the Forums. But if they did, they'd each be on the hook for $75.00 per year.

Of course, the more people willing to pay, the lower the payment per person. But ask yourself. How much can you afford to pay to keep the Forums alive? And for how many years? Who picks up the slack for a payment that is not received? Or two, or three?

I would have to think long and hard about signing up. I've retired. Income isn't what it once was. I have more HLs in their boxes and in the closet than I have on display to enjoy. If I bought WP, they'd wind up in the closet too.

As you all are considering John's question, keep in mind the practical implications of continuing the Forums, as well as the emotional reasons.

Rick

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209384 08/10/14 12:51 AM
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Would be wonderful to see "my lighthouse friends"
.....I miss the friendships that developed because
of our love of lighthouses!
The end of Harbour Lights happened...but the love of dear friends....NEVER!
I miss the good ole days!!!

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209385 08/10/14 04:18 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I would hope everyone who wants to see these forums live on has bought at least one WP, two would be ideal.

It well worth it, plus its keeps the CF going !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209391 08/13/14 01:14 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
I chose not to post when John first posed his questions as to the future of the Collector Forums for several reasons. The two most important were my desire to not influence what other members said and to not pre-empt others from posting. Members who have responded have hit on the same thoughts I have always had concerning the forums. My beliefs:

The forums are an invaluable treasure trove of information for those willing to do a little searching. Sometimes the searches can be cumbersome, but they do produce results. There have been some great discussions. Many questions have been posed and answered. Insights have been shared with other collectors.

• In the past, many of us shared travelogues of our lighthousing adventures. Those travelogues are still available and have guided many in their adventures. I have used other’s trips to plan my own, and I know people have used some of mine. Unfortunately, several years ago the forums changed servers and at that point all the images were moved, the links lost. That is one of my biggest disappointments as there were many, many really great images shared. Search the Lighthouse Travel Center.

• I do believe that many of the people who show up as “guests” are regular visitors and even members who are not signed in. Unlike other sites, we have never required someone to be a member or sign in to read the various forums (with the exception of the few private ones). The only hitch to this is that if you are not signed in you can’t see images posted using the new method of posting the images. Some, like me, just stay signed in permanently so we do show up in the visitor logs.

• While we don’t have the same level of interaction we had “back in the day”, many do still stop by the forums to check up on the friends they have made thru Harbour Lights, collecting and the Collector Forums. The members truly did become an extended family, especially when there were HL events to attend. We planned and plotted and got everything set up to have a great time. The highlights of those gatherings were the Rosemont shows (and the one at Navy Pier). I would venture a guess that many reading this have some great memories of those events or meeting up at regionals or store events!

I have enough funds available to pay the server bills through early next year. The domain registration is good thru sometime next spring. I believe there is great value in leaving the Collector Forums open for business at this point. We are the sole remaining open source of information on Harbour Lights so people will continue to look for and find us – whether or not they register.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209392 08/13/14 11:58 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Well said, Dave!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209395 08/14/14 09:53 PM
L
landlockedlady Offline
L
100% agreement with Dave H.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209398 08/17/14 11:49 AM
docsweetie Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I also agree with Dave. I have used this Forum to plan lighthouse trips and find out the news affecting lighthouses in the US. I forget to log in so I'm one of those members who is online every week or 10 days but not logged in-one of those "lurkers"

I know I haven't posted for a long time, but I still enjoy reading the threads to gather information. I would hope we could continue to keep the Forum alive as a continual search for other options is done. Whatever is decided, however, I will support.

docsweetie
From Grandkids: Aka Grandma Lighthouse
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Dave H] #209551 11/23/14 03:37 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Originally Posted By: Dave H

The forums are an invaluable treasure trove of information for those willing to do a little searching. Sometimes the searches can be cumbersome, but they do produce results. There have been some great discussions. Many questions have been posed and answered. Insights have been shared with other collectors.

I believe there is great value in leaving the Collector Forums open for business at this point. We are the sole remaining open source of information on Harbour Lights so people will continue to look for and find us – whether or not they register.

I agree. We need to Live. Please keep it alive.

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209583 12/09/14 04:25 PM
F
fishandships Offline
F
As a newbie I guess I came in late on this. I joined to get info on my collection as well as info on touring the many lighthouses we plan to visit. But as a collector I would think that buying when the price is low [now] and enjoying the benefit of the not so serious collectors bailing is a plus.
How about the positive side of "They don't make them anymore"
Seems to me it's a time for serious collectors to acquire those pieces they've wanted but couldn't get I 03. could be the best collecting is now.
best regards to all

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209585 12/10/14 11:49 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
But as a collector I would think that buying when the price is low [now] and enjoying the benefit of the not so serious collectors bailing is a plus.
How about the positive side of "They don't make them anymore"
Seems to me it's a time for serious collectors to acquire those pieces they've wanted but couldn't get I 03. could be the best collecting is now.

I TOTALLY agree.
I am completing my California mold collection and my Florida lighthouses collection with single or double digits numbers and Artist proofs.
Something I could have never afforded during the Hay day of collecting HL.

DANIEL
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209645 03/30/15 06:12 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sorry I been away for so long, but the job I got back in 2007 is always over 40 hours, mostly 47-49 hours and so the computer time was cut down. Also being President of the Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation takes some of those off work hours, not to mention a few hours towards the Florida Lighthouse Association.
The knowledge of Harbour Lights as well as lighthouse information on this site is great. Hope we can keep it going.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209682 05/26/15 07:55 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Wow- so many names form the past. I have been unable to log in even with a temporary login over a period of time that I just stopped trying.

Today it worked. I'm not as much of an active lighthouse visitor these days- in part because I've been to most of the easy ones and things change a bit as time goes on. I tend to do much of my online lighthouse stuff over on FB these days.

I love the idea that all the knowledge, comradery and all that is still here for those who stumble across the forums or still come after all these years.

I'm going to try and come back more often from now on.

Hi ! to all those who recognize my name and a hearty Welcome to those who do not !

Dennis

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209684 05/26/15 09:22 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome back Dennis! There are some of us that do not like and therefore do not frequent Facebook, Twitter, etc. so we just stick to the tried and true.

Rich
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209685 05/27/15 01:24 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Rich,

I do FB but i don't twitter, instagram or other types of social media. I resisted FB until the places like this that I frequented started migrating en masse awhile back.

Dennis

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209686 05/27/15 09:54 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Too bad some of the others that left don't check back more often. How many are on the Facebook Page?

Rich
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209687 05/27/15 11:32 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Wow Dennis it has been a long time since you have posted. Welcome back.

DANIEL
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209700 06/08/15 07:35 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Oh Gosh. I have been away from these forums for far too many years. I really miss the early days when so many participated. Now that I am employed fulltime I have started looking again. Would love to see the forums stay live but understand the issue of money. As already stated, the forums are invaluable for those that are visiting lighthouses or trying to collect them. Hope that it can be worked out. Love seeing these names from the past. You all helped me so much in my collection of lighthouses. I don't do Facebook so that avenue won't work for me.

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209705 06/08/15 09:34 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome back!

Rich
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: flacoastie] #209778 09/01/15 07:58 AM
L
lighthouse seek Offline
L
As a newbie, just want to say how valuable I have found the site the last month.It has really helped me learn all about harbor lights, also helped me get a few lighthouses from collectors looking to downsize. I really find the site helpful and hopefully it does stay around. Anything I can do to help?

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209779 09/01/15 09:45 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
There is not really much that can be done. We will be running out of money to fund the Forums sometime early next year and once the money is gone there are not enough ACTIVE members to raise enough money to continue on. The money that we raised from the sale of our last Forum Exclusive (Wisconsin Point) is almost gone and there are not enough interested parties left to make another exclusive, so, unless there is an independently wealthy person out there to fund the Forums, enjoy them while they are still around.

Rich
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209859 01/04/16 08:28 PM
V
Valli Offline
V
I am brand new here! Considering myself a newby for collecting! This seems that it could be a wealth of knowledge here for those of us just beginning our collections! I love the lighthouse, collections and artistry--- and most of all what a lighthouse stands for- would love to see more posts from all those who have that "vast wealth of knowledge" that us new folks are hunting for. I would like to learn more of what kinds of collections that are out there and the best ways to spot bargains as well.
This seems a great Forum with great potential -- thanks!

Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209860 01/04/16 10:22 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
It is a great forum and the knowledge that is contained in both the forums and the collectors that did frequent the forums is slowly being lost due to lost interests in collecting. There are still several collectors that continue to post but when a post is made and no one takes the time to post their opinions even those collectors making the initial post start to lose interest.

Rich
Re: Is it time to pull the plug on the Collector Forums? [Re: Webmaster] #209914 03/15/16 07:03 PM
cclighthousebuff Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I have posted very infrequently over the last couple of years. However, I still have interest in the forum and appreciate those who continue to inform us of interesting HL stuff...like Harry's new collection.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users