Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rick Korycinski passed away... #209244 04/13/14 12:51 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I copied this post that is in the Secondary Forum, I totally missed it there for a while and thought I would share it here.. Rick was a member of the Forums for a whole lot of years and was a great contributor.. Paul L Brady

Hello. My father Rick Korycinski passed away this past December and left behind a fairly sizable collection (at least 200 probably more) of Harbour Lights lighthouse figurines. My siblings and I are in the process of determining how best to determine which ones may be "special" and/or more valuable than others, and what kind of market there may be. He had a list, but of course it was kept in a notebook and there is no electronic copy of it.

Some of you may have known my father, as he was very involved in the lighthouse community before he was unable to travel anymore. I know he went to several of the meet-ups for Harbour Lights collectors as well. We are not really looking to get rich off of selling his collection, but we don't want to just give away any that might have significant value. We do need to find homes for these though, as none of us has the room to accommodate them.

Any help you folks could give would be appreciated. Thank you.

Andy Korycinski

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Rick Korycinski passed away... [Re: WackoPaul] #209246 04/14/14 11:11 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Rick was kind enough to furnish me an article on his lighthouse passion and his collection for Volume 6. During the time he initially wrote the article and before it was actually placed in the volume we communicated several times by email. Having never met him in person I can only tell you he loved his lighthouses and was very passionate about his collection.

This is now 2 passionate collectors, Rick and Bob, that I never met in person and only communicated with by emails, that have passed leaving a large void in the Harbour Lights community.

Rich
Re: Rick Korycinski passed away... [Re: WackoPaul] #209273 05/04/14 11:46 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm very sorry to hear of Rick's passing.

Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Rick Korycinski passed away... [Re: WackoPaul] #209285 05/18/14 06:32 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Sorry to hear about Rick, he was always passionate and appreciative about receiving postcards of lhs after he could no longer travel to them.

LONG ISLAND BOB

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,317 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users