Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Coming Soon !!!! #209245 04/14/14 10:48 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I will be putting out an updated version of “My Complete Guide For Harbour Lights Lighthouses" that will consist of 10 Volumes. I expect to put it out around the middle of May so if there are any procrastinators out there with stories, military jokes, corrections and/or additions to the existing volumes please send them to me by May 1st.

If you are reading this and have not gotten on the mailing list for my PDF Files, please contact me at flacoastie@embarqmail.com to get your name on the list. Likewise, if you have received the PDF Files in the past and do not want to receive the new files you must also let me know.

Rich
Re: Coming Soon !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209271 05/03/14 11:11 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Just to give everyone an update for the 10 Volume Set and when it will be available and that will be the 15th of May. I plan on sending the set out that day unless something comes up.

I now have close to 80 collectors receiving these PDF Files and HOPEFULLY this number may go up quite a bit. Tim Harrison (Lighthouse Digest) has offered to give these files a "PLUG" in both his July 2014 issue of the Lighthouse Digest and also in his electronic newsletter. With his "PLUG" and Roland's continuing support we may have a very substantial subscription base.

This is why it is very important to continue to send me updates/corrections and your stories concerning your lighthouse travels, collections and any other lighthouse stories you may have. It is too late for this issue but I'm hoping to put out another update by the end of the year as long as there is enough changes to make it worth the work. If you have changed your email address since the last 6 Volume Set went out January 15th or you have decided you do not want anymore Volumes please let me know by email and I will update your email address or delete you from the list to receive these volumes.

Rich
Re: Coming Soon !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209281 05/15/14 06:00 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Greetings,

I sent the new and updated "My Complete Guide For Harbour Lights Lighthouses" 10 PDF Files to you as scheduled on May 15, 2014. Please do not forward these PDF Files to any of your friends or interested lighthouse collectors. I like to know who is receiving these volumes for my records. If someone is interested in receiving a set, all they have to do is email me and I will send them the PDF Files.

Who says that progress slows down and comes to a halt as we get older? It's not true in my case as I have more time on my hands and am always thinking of new items to add to "My Complete Guide For Harbour Lights Lighthouses" every day. Volumes 1 thru 6 still contain the same information as in previous volumes with many updates and corrections, especially to Volume 4 Secondary Market Values, so please be sure and read them over again. The 05/15/2014 Edition will contain 4 new volumes based on "real" lighthouses that Harbour Lights produced replicas of and also a separate volume based on military memories and humor. The breakdown on these 4 new volumes are Volume 7 will contain histories on Harbour Lights "original 17" lighthouses, Volume 8 will contain histories on Harbour Lights "First in a Series" lighthouses, Volume 9 will contain histories on 20 lighthouses selected by a collector's poll of their favorite lighthouses that were produced by Harbour Lights and Volume 10 will have Coast Guard and Navy Military Memories and Humor in Uniform.

I'm already thinking about what new volumes might be of interest for late Fall or early Winter of 2014 but have come to a stone wall because of the lack of input from collectors. This may be the last set of volumes that I can put together unless I hear about new ideas that you would like to see. Of course, I will continue to update all volumes I currently have as I continue to receive corrections or missing information.

I hope everyone will enjoy the 10 Volume "My Complete Guide For Harbour Lights Lighthouses" and will continue to give me feedback on what is missing or is incorrect and also what you would like to see in any future revisions.

If you haven't received them, either your email address may have changed since Jan 15th when I sent the 6 Volume set out or your mailbox may be too small as in one person's case. Please let me know if you haven't gotten the mailing from this morning.

Rich ("flacoastie") on the Forums
flacoastie@embarqmail.com

Rich
Re: Coming Soon !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209283 05/18/14 10:47 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Good Morning,

It appears that you may, or may not, have received the 10 Volume PDF Files that I sent out on May 15th. I have been notified by 4 collectors that they did not receive the files. After emailing those collectors I found out that in 2 cases the files were rejected because the collector’s email files were full, and due to the size of the 10 files, they were rejected because of space. They emptied their email files and were able to receive the 10 files I resent to them. I have not heard back from the other 2 collectors as to whether they received the resent files as of yet.

If you have not received the 10 PDF Files I sent on May 15th please let me know and also check to see if your email file is empty. I will resend if you let me know. If you got the files, which I know most collectors did receive, you don’t have to respond unless you want to.

Rich

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,363 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users