Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouse Collection #209238 04/12/14 06:01 PM
A
Andy K Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello. My father Rick Korycinski passed away this past December and left behind a fairly sizable collection (at least 200 probably more) of Harbour Lights lighthouse figurines. My siblings and I are in the process of determining how best to determine which ones may be "special" and/or more valuable than others, and what kind of market there may be. He had a list, but of course it was kept in a notebook and there is no electronic copy of it.

Some of you may have known my father, as he was very involved in the lighthouse community before he was unable to travel anymore. I know he went to several of the meet-ups for Harbour Lights collectors as well. We are not really looking to get rich off of selling his collection, but we don't want to just give away any that might have significant value. We do need to find homes for these though, as none of us has the room to accommodate them.

Any help you folks could give would be appreciated. Thank you.

Andy Korycinski

Re: Lighthouse Collection [Re: Andy K] #209239 04/12/14 07:19 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
If you can scan a copy of the list and send it to me at flacoastie@embarqmail.com I will look it over and give you a price on the more desirable pieces.

Also, I can send you my volume on all the pieces that Harbour Lights made and what their original suggested retail price was. If you would also like to talk about what to expect to get for the non desirable pieces email me your phone number and I will call you and we can talk. You will need an itemized list before you can begin to think about selling.

I can also give you a name of a reliable dealer located in Cape Cod that can help you get rid of the collection. Email me with your scanned list and then give me a call if you want the additional information.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Collection [Re: Andy K] #209240 04/12/14 07:58 PM
Mark Wagner Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I would also suggest going to Ebay and researching past prices and getting a feel for recent values. Also listing them on ebay will let competitive bidding fetch a market price.

Here's a link to Harbour Lights on Ebay,
Harbour Lights on Ebay

You can check off the button to see completed auctions and or only sold/completed auctions. And don't assume the asking price of other auctions is a true market price, check the price of sold pieces for a more realistic value. There are a lot of wishful/price sellers out there.

Good Luck, Mark

Re: Lighthouse Collection [Re: Andy K] #209241 04/12/14 09:15 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Your father was also kind enough to furnish me his story on how he started to collect Harbour Lights and his younger years moving from Maine, growing up in Central New York and his visits to Maine. The story is in Volume 6 of my Harbour Lights lighthouse volumes. Volume 2 contains all the suggested retail prices and Volume 4 lists some of the Secondary Market prices at the peak of the lighthouse fad and what you can expect in today's market.

Ebay is a way to go but you must pay EBay's percentage and also pay a percentage to Paypal so think about that. As Mark said check the sold listings and not the asking prices that a seller is hoping to get.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Collection [Re: Andy K] #209243 04/13/14 11:47 AM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm quite saddened by the passing of your Dad. My heartfelt sympathies to you. He was a customer of mine and we chatted often, (albeit electronically), about Harbour Lights, etc. Rich mentioned me in a previous post and I would be honored to help you whatever way I can.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Lighthouse Collection [Re: Andy K] #209248 04/14/14 08:34 PM
A
Andy K Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice. It's probably going to take me a little time to go through his list and get it scanned. His list looks incomplete to me as well, I don't see a several things, like the figurines of flagmen/fisherman and miniature lighthouses (there's smaller ones and very tiny ones, and lots of them). A lot of those don't have names on the bottom, so I'm not really sure what they are. There's also a fresnal lens and a small "golden" lighthouse.

Rich- I think I'll take you up on that offer to send me your PDF documents. Really appreciate it.

Once I get this list scanned, I'll either post it here or email to anyone interested.

Thanks again,

Andy Korycinski

Re: Lighthouse Collection [Re: Andy K] #209249 04/14/14 09:33 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Andy,
If you're not sure of something take a photo and send it to Rich or me and we can help you identify it. By the way, the small ones are called "This Little Light of Mine" (or LLOM for short), and the tiny ones are called thumbnails.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users