cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights #209140 01/10/14 10:30 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I’m already planning ahead to late spring for another edition of My Complete Guide For Harbour Lights Lighthouses. A 6 Volume edition will be coming out sometime next week and it’s not too early to start planning for a 7th volume for springtime.

My plans are to have a volume dedicated to telling the history of Harbour Lights Original 17 Lighthouses with pictures and a 2 page history on the building of each REAL lighthouse and how it played a part in the development of America’s history. As I said, the first 17 lighthouses produced by Harbour Lights will be covered. The Point Fermin and Big Bay lighthouses will also be included. What I’m looking for is, from HL118 Old Mackinac Point, MI thru the final lighthouse limited edition lighthouse HL837 North Point, WI. Open Editions will not be counted. So, what are your favorite 15 lighthouses that Harbour Light produced as Limited, Event, Christmas, and Special Editions.

I have sent this email out to approximately 50 collectors that have requested my PDF files and hope to have a good portion of these collectors take the time to provide me with their favorites. I actually sent it out to 62 collectors but many have had their email address changed. If you requested my previous volumes and didn't receive this email sent out yesterday, let me know by sending me your new email address. I will tabulate the names I receive and take the most asked for lighthouses and make them a part of the new volume for the springtime edition.

I realize that most collectors have a favorite section of the country that you are partial to, but, put that favorite area aside for this list and give me your choices based on the overall country and not just your particular area. I would appreciate it if I could receive your list by the 21st of January.

My email is flacoastie@embarqmail.com and thank you in advance.

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209141 01/11/14 01:50 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rich,
Are you looking for our favorite Harbour Lights pieces or our favorite lighthouses that Harbour Lights recreated? i.e. Nobska is a favorite lighthouse of mine. Are you looking for that or are you looking for "I really like HL203"?
By the way, never got your email.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209142 01/11/14 04:29 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm looking for the your favorite limited edition lighthouses that Harbour Lights created. Also please pass on the above post to your people to let them know what is happening about the 6 Volume setcoming next week. This new volume will be this late spring about favorite lighthouses. Give them my email address if they have any questions or want to participate or request the 6 volume edition (again FREE of charge).

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209143 01/11/14 08:00 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I found it to be very difficult to pick my favorite fifteen Harbour Light from the limited editions HL118 toHL399. I told Rich it would be easier to sit in the corner of a round room than to pick them. I found myself leaning toward the newer ones because let’s face it, we get tired of seeing the same old lighthouse on eBay or the curio cabinet. I also wanted to pick ones that I have visited and I also wanted to pick those that where the most scarcest.
I finally look at it as a Harbour Light Beauty contest. I had to look at each year and remember which models that I was the most exited with for that year. I then narrowed it down to the fifteen. I was surprised I picked some Lighthouses that I have no intention of ever buying.

DANIEL
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209144 01/11/14 10:20 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
It has been quite an interesting ballot so far with 92 different lighthouses being picked. I can't tell you which lighthouses are in the lead, but, so far I've been quite surprised at the choices of out Forum members.

So far 10 members have responded so there are quite a few more hopefully that will take the time to respond.

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209152 01/15/14 05:40 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I too found it very difficult to narrow it down to just 15. Harbour Lights made soooo many replicas that were just awesome!

Even though, many of the pieces that I picked also tended to be newer pieces, many of the pieces I picked were unique for there detail and creativity, such as multiple lights on one piece (Three Sisters,MA), move-ability (Southeast Block, RI "On-the-move"), use of snow (East Quoddy, CAN), intricate metalwork (Thomas Point and Seven Foot Knoll, MD), use of "bungee-cord material" (Boon Island, ME), location with beach erosion (Cape Henlopen,DE), and use of multiple pieces (Mahota Pagoda, CHINA).

This was a fun exercise that allowed you to really look at the variability of Harbor Lights replicas that evolved over time since the Original 17.

It's too bad that the Randall's Wharf, MD piece didn't make it to production as this would have been another top pick in my book within the unique category.

Harry was, and still is, a Genius! We miss you!!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209153 01/15/14 07:49 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
There is only 1 week left to get me your 15 favorite REAL lighthouses that Harbour Lights also produced replicas of. I have had about 20 members respond so that is quite a bit shy of the 62 collectors that requested the product lists.

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209154 01/15/14 10:06 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rich,
I'm still confused. In response to my earlier post you said you were looking for our favorite Limited Editions. Now you're saying you're looking for our favorite REAL lighthouses that became LE's. WHICH IS IT??????

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209156 01/15/14 10:33 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Yes, I am confusing. I want to know your favorite 15 REAL lighthouses that were also made by Harbour Lights into replicas (i.e. Portland Head, St. Augustine).

Joe Blow Lighthouse may be your all time favorite lighthouse because you used to park with your girl underneath it BUT it wasn't made by Harbour Lights into a replica so it doesn't count.

Got it??????

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209158 01/16/14 02:25 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
applaud got it. thanks.

Roland Babineau
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209165 01/18/14 12:08 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Greeting Everyone,

I'm getting really good responses from Forum and even non-forum members about their 15 favorite lighthouses that I want to extend the cutoff date from January 21st to January 31st.

We have had 132 different lighthouses nominated and there are some clear front runners with one lighthouse having 10 votes and another having 9 votes. Several have 8 and a couple of others have 6-7 votes apiece.

It only will take a minute of your time to write the 15 names down in an email so let’s get out and vote. Of course, it may take you several hours to decide which lighthouses are your favorites and than make sure that they were included in the 300+ limited editions Harbour Lights made. If you have already voted, please disregard this post.

Rich

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209175 01/23/14 06:57 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
For those of you that have already voted on your top 15 real lighthouses that Harbour Lights has also recreated in a limited edition version, PLEASE DISREGARD this post. For those of you that have not voted, please take the time to do so as there is only one week to go before the shut off date of Jan. 31st.

To date there have been 22 collectors that voted with 157 different lighthouses chosen. There are 2 lighthouses with 13 votes apiece followed by the next closest lighthouse with 8 votes. The next 16 lighthouses are very close and a few more votes for any of these could swing the pendulum. This vote is for Forum members and non-forum members so take the time to send me an email at flacoastie@embarqmail.com to help decide the favorite real lighthouses of collectors that were also produced by Harbour Lights. Remember, only limited edition replicas will be used that are NOT part of the original 17 or Point Fermin and Big Bay Point.

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209177 01/27/14 12:11 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
To those of you that have provided me your top 15 lighthouse list, please disregard this email. For those of you that have procrastinated, there are only 5 days to go to the cutoff date! There are several that responded in an email that they would work on the list this past weekend and give me their list. This is a reminder to them in case they forgot. There is also time for those that haven't furnished their list to send it to me by the 31st. It only takes a few minutes of your time to list the lighthouses and YOU could make a difference in what is chosen. There have been 167 lighthouses nominated with 12 having a safe lead and will more than likely be chosen. There are also 8 lighthouses tied with votes to fill the remaining 3 places. Your vote could make a difference on which of these lighthouses are chosen straight out. If none of the 8 have enough votes to be chosen for the remaining 3 lighthouses, then I am thinking about a run-off vote between these 8 lighthouses.

Forum and Non-Forum members are welcome to send me their list. If you haven't requested the latest 6 Volume Edition of MY COMPLETE GUIDE TO HARBOUR LIGHTS LIGHTHOUSES, now is the time to do so when you are sending me your top 15 favorite REAL lighthouses that Harbour Lights has made a limited edition replica of.

While you are reading this, there is also time to send me your Harbour Lights story, a story about your lighthouse adventures or a story about your favorite lighthouse to be included in the late spring edition of Volume 6. I also need input from collectors that have received the volumes with any corrections, typos or additional information that needs to be added. These volumes will be around long after most of us are gone and they will be valuable to any new collectors getting started and they need to be as accurate as possible.

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209184 02/01/14 12:23 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The time is over for sending me your 15 Favorite Lighthouse that ALSO were made by Harbour Lights. We have had 181 lighthouses nominated by 13 nominees (not all listed 15). I definitely have the top 10 lighthouses and I also have another 7 tied with 5 votes apiece. I have decided to use these 17 lighthouses instead of just the 15 lighthouses. I also have 10 lighthouses tied at 4 votes each. I am asking for a runoff of these 10 lighthouse and the top 2 lighthouses will be added to the 17 lighthouses that are already voted in. What I will end up with is the Top 15 + 4 Lighthouses in Volume 9. The votes for these additional 2 lighthouse WILL NOT COUNT in the final vote for the most popular, but, it will count for choosing the addition two lighthouse to be used.

I’m going to list the 10 lighthouses that are tied with 4 votes apiece and I’m ASKING you to VOTE FOR ONLY 2 of the 10 listed. Does everyone understand? Is it clear as mud? You will have until Midnight Saturday February 8th . If I don’t receive enough votes to declare a clear winner, I will make the choice by a drawing of the top choices if there is a tie among more than 2 lighthouses. Send me an email to flacoastie@embarqmail.com with your 2 choices. You DO NOT have to be a Collectors Forum Member to vote. REMEMBER, only vote for 2 of the below lighthouses:

Drum Point, MD
Fort Jefferson, FL
Key West, FL
Pensacola, FL
SE Block Island, RI
Waugoshance, MI
Cape Charles, VA
Mukilteo, WA
White Shoal, MI
New London Ledge, CT

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209187 02/02/14 12:27 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
In my previous post I stated that 13 people had voted when it should have been 27 people voting. Old age and a senior moment are responsible for this.

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209193 02/05/14 11:50 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
In case you are wondering about how the vote is going on the 10 lighthouses I will let you see. If you haven't voted as of yet and your vote is needed to change the outcome, you have until Midnight Saturday to send me you votes.

Cape Charles (5)
Drum point (4)
Fort Jefferson (4)
Mukilteo (5)
New London Ledge (3)
Pensacola (9)
Key West (4)
SE Block Island (8)
Waugoshance (3)
White Shoal (9)

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209196 02/09/14 05:41 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The results are in for the 10 lighthouses listed above and we ended up with a 3-way tie for the top 2 spots. I've decided to use the 3 lighthouses that were tied with 10 votes apiece instead of having another runoff. Here is the way the voting ended up:

RUN OFF VOTE RESULTS
Pensacola (10)
SE Block Island (10)
White Shoal (10)
Cape Charles (6)
Waugoshance (6)
Key West (5)
Mukilteo (5)
Drum point (4)
Fort Jefferson (4)
New London Ledge (4)

I appreciate everybody that took the time to vote!

Rich
Re: Your 15 Favorite Lighthouses Produced by Harbour Lights [Re: flacoastie] #209200 02/15/14 10:38 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I sent out a list of the winning lighthouses in the Collector's poll by email to those of you that have requested my Collectors Volumes by email.

I decided not to wait to show the results of the poll. If you have not received an email with the file included, it's because I don't have your email address. If you want a copy of this file please request it to flacoastie@embarqmail.com and I will get it to you.

Rich

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users