Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
California/Canadian production #207885 10/18/12 09:55 PM
Mark Wagner Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Does anyone have a halfway decent list of the production numbers of pieces that were produced in California and then moved Canadian production and then to Malaysia, what I am looking for is rough numbers of how many were produced in CA and Can and the remainder being Malaysian. I know the HL archive pages had the production countries for each piece, but not any quantity's

I know at one time many of us volunteered our own information on our personal collections to compile this, now does anyone still have it ?

I am only looking for information on those pieces that were started in Ca. or Canada

Thanks

Re: California/Canadian production [Re: Mark Wagner] #207886 10/19/12 12:25 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Mark,

I have already listed this information in this Numbers Forum under HL101 thru HL138 with countries of manufacture, variances and last known numbers for each country. These numbers are based on the information provided years ago by Forum members, following Ebay listings, Collector's Guides and Green Book and my personal collection. Are these numbers 100% correct? No! But they are a lot more correct than your average so it is something to srart at. I've also listed HL139 and up with the variances in a separate listing in this Numbers Forum.

Rich
Re: California/Canadian production [Re: Mark Wagner] #207898 10/22/12 10:59 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
A question has been brought up thru emails as to the last known serial numbers I've listed for at least 3 (Sandy Hook, Old Point Loma and Sand Island)California production lighthouses. The question was asked about how these California production numbers got so high when only 250 pieces of the original 17 were supposed to be produced in California before producion was shifted to Canada.

These particular 3 pieces, and their California production numbers, were listed in the 1998-1999 Green Book as the last numbers known for California production. Whether this is true will only be known by the writers producing the Green Book. It is possible that the particular numbers listed might be a one of a kind that was a replacement for a damaged Canadian piece and they used a California piece that was in their banks for replacing damaged pieces. It might also be true that an excess over the supposedly 250 pieces originally contracted for in California were produced and sent to Canada to be finished up and they never placed the Canadian sticker or Maple Leaf on the piece. It might also be possible that Kim (she was referred to as having furnished the 250 number being produced) might have not realized more of certain lighthouses were produced. It will always remain a mystery unless that collector having that highest number produced and referenced in the Green Book could be contacted to furnish his/her input.

To make and clarify where I came up with this information on the last known serial numbers produced for each country of origin, I will try and elaborate. When I started this project several years ago, I contacted John and he furnished me the links to look over for the 17 different Forum topics for each of the original 17 lighthouses(these links were archived and no longer available for viewing). In these topics, Forum members were asked to furnish the serial numbers and countries of origin for the original 17 lighthouses. I looked at each response and got many of my numbers from these topics. I also researched Rutherford's 5 books, the Green Book which listed the last known numbers for California, Canada and Malaysia production and any other publication that listed production numbers. I kept track of serial numbers listed on Ebay for California and Canada and asked many questions from Forum members. Only a few of these numbers come from my personal collection and most of those are the switch between Canada and Malaysia.

To this point, the numbers reported are based on books, research of Ebay and actual numbers furnished by Forum members. You take, and use these numbers anyway that you want and use them as you feel fit to use them. Are they 100% correct, I doubt that, but, they are a starting place to either agree or disagree. I welcome any changes to comments on this list.

Rich

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,414 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users