Print Thread
Another book review "Forgotton Beacons" #2073 08/29/99 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I picked up the book "Forgotten Beacons" (The lost lighthouses of the Chesapeake Bay) and it is a wonderful photographic history of the Chesapeake Bay lighthouses and lightships, and most of them are no longer in existence (hence the name). It is 134 pages all the Photographs are in black and white and were assembled from a number of sources including the National archives, Coast Guard, private collections and museums from around the bay. It has 80 lighthouse stations, 5 depots and 15 lightships included in it. The book has many screw pile lighthouses that were decommissioned during the 1950s and 1960s.

The book is a soft cover book and it lists for $23.95 I bought mine at the Lighthouse gift and Gallery in Nags Head, NC. but it is probably available from the online book stores.

Forgotten Beacons
The lost Lighthouses of the Chesapeake Bay
by Patrick Hornberger & Linda Turbyville
Published by Eastwind Publishing - Annapolis, MD.

Mark

Re: Another book review "Forgotton Beacons" #2074 08/29/99 08:35 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I picked up my copy of Forgotten Beacons at the Calvert Marine Museum gift shop. The gift shop should be called Calvert Marine Museum bookstore. It was by far the biggest selection of all kinds of Nautical books I have seen. By the way the ISBN number is 1-885457-09-x for the Forgotten Beacons book.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,446 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users