Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Death Knell #206059 01/30/12 10:32 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
OK, so this should pretty much sum up the state of things.
Dealers have received communication from HL entitled "Unprecedented Blowout Closeout Sale". For a "limited" time we are being offered up to 60% normal wholesale prices on quantities of at least 20 to 60 pieces or more. This includes all Anchor Bays, GLOWS, and LE's up to HL391. The kicker is that HL is encouraging the dealers to wholesale to other lighthouse gift shops, etc., a policy which was very much taboo in our original written agreement and would mean cancellation of all HL buying privileges. This is definitely a company in trouble!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206060 01/31/12 12:29 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks for the update, Roland.

Key words "Blow-out" and "Close-out". I'd say that confirms that it's over at Harbour Lights and Lighthouse Depot.

Don is looking to squeeze every penny he can from the warehouse inventory.

Normal wholesale was 50% of retail so a $100 suggested retail piece cost a dealer $50. Take 60% off that and HL should rake in $20.

But in these tough economic/collectible times, a dealer has to purchase minimum of 20 pieces.

So, as a dealer, would you want to 'invest' $400 to $1,200 to buy 20 to 60 pieces? How long would you expect it to take to recover your 'investment'? And what does this 're-pricing' do the present inventory you, as a dealer, have on hand?

Suggesting resale of the 60%-off-wholesale pieces to other stores devalues the pieces more.

And what's next for LHD? Selling direct to collectors at the 60% off wholesale prices? (80% off retail = $20 in the example above.)

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206061 01/31/12 01:54 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
We all knew it was only an matter of time!

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206062 01/31/12 02:12 AM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It is sad, but does not surprise me either. Latest sale to public of 60% off retail was another indicator of the end is near. I expect to see continued mark downs until there is nothing let.
I guess the money we budget yearly for Harbour Lights will be going to vacations instead.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206064 01/31/12 11:20 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
HLs going out of business really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Not only was it making me sick to my stomach to pay retail for a piece to keep my autoship number and then have it discounted on Ebay a month or two later, but, I was going to have to buy another curio to store them in. The prices had also slowly creeped up too.

I've been concentrating and spending my money on the variations and enjoying buying these more then the new issues. I've always liked the earlier issues more and now have almost a complete collection of these pieces.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: Webmaster] #206067 02/01/12 10:20 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Webmaster
Thanks for the update, Roland.

Key words "Blow-out" and "Close-out". I'd say that confirms that it's over at Harbour Lights and Lighthouse Depot.

Don is looking to squeeze every penny he can from the warehouse inventory.

Normal wholesale was 50% of retail so a $100 suggested retail piece cost a dealer $50. Take 60% off that and HL should rake in $20.

But in these tough economic/collectible times, a dealer has to purchase minimum of 20 pieces.

So, as a dealer, would you want to 'invest' $400 to $1,200 to buy 20 to 60 pieces? How long would you expect it to take to recover your 'investment'? And what does this 're-pricing' do the present inventory you, as a dealer, have on hand?

Suggesting resale of the 60%-off-wholesale pieces to other stores devalues the pieces more.

And what's next for LHD? Selling direct to collectors at the 60% off wholesale prices? (80% off retail = $20 in the example above.)

The last time I invested heavily in in HL's dealer promotion I purchased a number of retired pieces at 20-25% off wholesale with the understanding that these pieces could and would not be discounted to the public. The extra profit margin justified the amount of time I would have to hold on to a large number of these, but I was able to expand my inventory of retired pieces and be more competitive in the marketplace.
Normally it would have been a good business decision. However, just a few weeks after purchasing the large number of lighthouses, LHD started selling these directly to the public for less than I had just paid for them, and I was stuck with my large inventory which just got devalued to pennies on the dollar. Needless to say I won't be taking advantage of any HL dealer "sale". ever again.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206069 02/01/12 11:32 AM
W
wickywacky Offline
W
TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELINGS, ROLAND. I STILL SEE AT LEAST 2 MORE SALES COMING FROM LHD IE. HARBOUR LIGHTS OR WHATEVER THEY'LL BE CALLING THEMSELVES A WEEK OR TWO FROM NOW.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206072 02/01/12 01:37 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
So...

Is Harry out of a job, or does he have other irons in the fire?

How about all the hand painters in China? Have they been retrained to assemble electronics?

What is Paul to do with his cloud backgrounds???

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206073 02/01/12 02:26 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Mombo, On the cruise Harry was displaying and talking to people about his new adventure of offering giclee prints of lighthouses that he is making. Go to HarryHine.net to view his new offerings. He has prints of 1st Eddystone, 2nd Eddystone, Point San Luis, Saginaw, Toledo Harbor. Marked as "coming soon" Morris Island and Old Michigan City. The prints can be purchased in various sizes.

Melody
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206080 02/01/12 05:58 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm still looking through my rose colored glasses when I say this:

Is it possible that when the dust settles after all these LHD inventory dump sales, building sales, etc, that LHM will rise out of the fire and still produce Harbour Lights replicas?

Maybe a direct market lighthouse of the month club or similar? I know this would mean no more dealers(don't blast me, I wish things could go back to the old way). And be a direct purchase mail order business.

Seems possible if HL's are still making a profit!

Last edited by Lighthouse Loon; 02/01/12 05:59 PM.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: Lighthouse Loon] #206081 02/01/12 07:54 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
It's time to take your head out of your nether regions Loon. If Harbour Lights was making a profit it wouldn't be discounting and clearing out merchandise!!! GEEESH!!! frustrated

Roland Babineau
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206082 02/01/12 09:26 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
What Roland said...

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206083 02/01/12 10:02 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Well put Roland. Harbour Lights is slowing dying exactly the way the Forums is heading with the lack of participation of members.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: flacoastie] #206084 02/01/12 10:14 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: flacoastie
Well put Roland. Harbour Lights is slowing dying exactly the way the Forums is heading with the lack of participation of members.

Kicking that dead horse again, huh Rich?

Roland Babineau
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206087 02/02/12 12:43 AM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I’m afraid if what Roland says is true this is the end. No company says buy my product and then you can resell it to other distributors. That says to me that they no longer want to distribute the product but are dumping it and are getting out.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206088 02/02/12 01:07 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Roland, Having a bad day ?

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206090 02/02/12 01:22 AM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko

Ah Loon, those rose colored glasses. Everything Roland says is true about Harbour lights and this site.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206092 02/02/12 04:38 AM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
It would only be possible, Loon, if LHM could clone about ten thousand more of you, who are so loyal to these beautiful replicas that they don't mind how the company has treated, cheated and lied to their customers and dealers! I would never deal with them again no matter HOW good their product is. To me, they have not EARNED the loyalty of people like you, even though the Youngers are the ones who were worthy of such respect. This outfit couldn't get me to buy anything from them if it cost .50 and they packed a dollar bill in the chimney!!!!

Angels Gate
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206093 02/02/12 04:50 AM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Boy, you have got to get up early to slide anything past YOU guys!

Last edited by Angels Gate; 02/02/12 04:51 AM.

Angels Gate
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206094 02/02/12 12:22 PM
W
wickywacky Offline
W
The way I see it, LHD, alias, LHM aka, HARBOUR LIGHTS, doesn't deserve to "survive" , after what their business practices have done to their collectors and dealers.

I wish they'd just get it over with and call it like it is, ie."Going Out of Business Sale". We've been through a Holiday Sale, 10% through 60% sale. Buy 2 get a freebie. BOGO .

There was a time when I'd drive miles to search dealers in the hope I'd find that Hatteras Green tip. I still would, but there are no dealers within 175 miles. (Strike # 1). Loyal to my out of region dealer , I paid the full price , then have them reduced by 60% by LHM (Strike #2). Their greed (and don't you LHM lovers in this Forum come to their defense, with that "they have to do what they have to do to stay in business", attitude, it has come full circle (Strike #3) and bit all of us on the behind.

I bought Harbour Lights because I enjoyed them. I no longer look with anticipation to the new releases. LHM won't stop me from traveling hours to see a lighthouse. For me, that's all I need. Just shut the door and leave us with the fond memories of days past.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206095 02/02/12 12:33 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I realize what Roland says is true. I'm just holding onto any hope possible. HL's have been a very big comfort the last view years when little else has been good.

What Rich says is true too. This site is already a ghost town. No new HL's will only make it worse.

My belief is that if you have nothing good to say, then don't say nothing. Is it nessicary to crush someones hopes. I'm a big boy, a time will come when that hope will totally be gone.

Stan M
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206098 02/02/12 04:02 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Which one are you waiting for Loon, Rigor or Mortis? Don't look now, but nothing 'good' has been said on this subject for a long time. I think hope is a good thing, although a total break with reality could be considered rather mental. And the worn out idea that one should keep all but the rosiest opinions to oneself went out with the notion that if you masterbated, you'd go blind! I'm sorry you have had a tough time recently, but waiting for the Easter Bunny to deliver chocolate eggs to Santa's workshop is not going to make that any better! I think it won't be long before the last man walks out the door. Please turn off the lights on your way.

Angels Gate
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206102 02/02/12 07:59 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I think it is time to give up on remarks that do not apply to the original subject, which is LHM sales practices and gimics. Giving our opinions on any subject related to lighthouses, or to the sale of Harbour Lights, is what these Forums are about. Making remarks against fellow members, and their opinions and hopes, is not what these Forums want to promote. I just hope new and potential new members do not get the wrong impression.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206105 02/02/12 11:55 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The ax is FALLING rapidly now.....

The Clock is ticking (literally).....

And the Hour Glass is just about empty!

Somebody, PLEASE hammer the last nail into the coffin!

On a bright side, all I can say is that I will have more money now to go to my newly adopted daughter ....

HL's history has been written!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206111 02/03/12 12:41 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Another dealer is calling it "over" and is selling its HL inventory at cost...

Quote:
. . . . . . . .The time has come where Cape Annie's Lighthouse has decided to discontinue carrying the Harbour Lights line, and put their entire remaining inventory at 50% OFF! Why now? . . . Well, we've been warning about the inevitable for several months, that Harbour Lights would be going out of business. A few days ago, we were told by Harbour Lights that we would have to "PREPAY" for every shipment that we would be ordering from Harbour Lights. We have been on "NET 30" terms with Harbour Lights for over 10 years, meaning that we did not have to pay for our product until 30 days after re ceiving it. "PREPAY" is a sure sign that we have a company that is trying to bring in every dollar possible, before they call it quits, eliminating any "accounts receivable" from their dealers. . . We have always promised that we would stick it out to the end, keeping the line until Harbour Lights called it quits. Wel-l-l-l-l, we don't really trust the current ownership and we don't want to get stuck with a store full of inventory, knowing that every remaining dealer will have a "clearance sale" once the ax falls. So, we're jumping the gun a little, and giving our regular customers first shot at great savings. Please note that most of the new releases from the past two years will still have 2-digit pieces.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206112 02/03/12 01:49 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I feel for both Jim and Anne, but I can't blame them for their decision.

I have been a loyal customer to Cape Annie's for many many years and I will miss purchasing HLs through them but I support their decision 200%! I pray that they will be able to reclaim their investment in their current HL stock and be able to adapt and continue with their business during these economic uncertainties.

I have been "turned-off" so much by all recent HLs shenanigans that I am sadden, but also have had enough .....

Since the "AX" is falling more and more, who will be the next dealer?

Sometimes I wonder what our beloved Bill Younger would say about all of this.... I'm sure it would not be positive.... perhaps it is best that we don't.

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206115 02/03/12 03:03 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
If I have the story correct. Bill Younger gave the Harbour Lights business to Lighthouse Marketing.

If another dealer had taken over HL, or someone else altogether, would they be in the same situation now? Or does it have more to do with the economy and lack of collectors over the last 8 to 10 years.

What if there was no Ebay? Or Al Gore was President ???

A lot of "what if's" ???

I have to say I've enjoyed the last seven plus years of collecting them.

Stan M
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206117 02/03/12 04:06 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
The collectibles business started tanking about 2000 and slid slowly downhill from there.

I think the greatest problems were

1. The economy (who has 'disposable income')?

2. The collectors who ran out of space for more pieces

3. All the most famous lighthouses had been made and people lacked interest in replicas of lights they would probably never visit.

Don took things over and did a good job of running the business with help from Harry Hine and Tony Constantino playing key roles. Under Don's leadership, the quality continued to improve. Prices rose due to the costs of raw materials and manufacturing costs in China going up.

The 1-2-3 reasons stated above just couldn't be overcome. Collectibles stores closed, collectible lines are down to less than a handful.

All in my opinion, of course.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206118 02/03/12 05:41 PM
W
wickywacky Offline
W
WE ALL KNOW WHAT IS SAID ABOUT OPINIONS. HERE'S JUST A FEW MORE.

TREAT THE CUSTOMER UNFAIRLY AND SOONER RATHER THAN LATER YOU'LL BE CLOSING THE DOOR. YOUNGER'S LENGTH OF OWNERSHIP vs. LHM.

MISTREAT THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT YOU IN THE MARKETPLACE AND YOU'LL BE CLOSING THE DOOR. SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT HOLDING A HL IN YOU HANDS AND MAKING A PURCHASE "SIGHT UN-SEEN". A PICTURE REALLY ISN'T WORTH $99.99.

YOUR WORD IN BUSINESS IS YOUR SOUL. LOSE THE COLLECTOR'S AND DEALER'S CONFIDENCE AND YOU'LL BE CLOSING THE DOOR.

DON'T BLAME eBAY FOR HL DOWNFALL. IT REPLACED THE ADVERTISING AND MARKETING THAT WAS MISSING FROM THE PRODUCER. THE ONCE GREAT HARBOUR LIGHTS WEBSITE BECAME A JOKE.

MY WIFE COLLECTS A SEASONAL LINE , BUT THEY KNOW HOW TO MARKET AND KEEP PRICES WITHIN LIMITS OF PROFIT AND LOSS. $135.00 FOR A LIGHTHOSE REPLICA????????? WHO'S TRYING TO KID WHOM????????

THERE ARE MANY MORE LIGHTHOUSES TO MAKE. DON'T MAKE THEM SMALLER AND CHARGE CRAZY , OUTRAGEOUS PRICES TO RE-COUP A LOSS. GOUGE THE CUSTOMER. THEY REALLY APPRECIATE BEING USED AND ABUSED FOR A "QUICK BUCK".

IF YOU OFFER 6 EDITIONS RATHER THAN 13, JUST MAYBE, YOU'LL INCREASE SALES INSTEAD OF CARRYING INVENTORY.

TOO LITTLE ..... TOO LATE.... JUST CLOSE THE DOOR.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206121 02/03/12 07:36 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
To me, the saddest part of the demise of Harbour Light, and by that, I mean the post Younger Harbour Lights, has been and will be the lost connections. A major part of the enjoyment of collecting HL's was not just the piece itself, but everything that went with it. Remember rep events? You'd actually have a pile of collectors come out to a store simply because a HL rep was coming. Then there was the signing events, a chance to see no only Bill, Nancy or Kim, or better yet, all of them. Regional events. Reunions. Not to mention the "thrill of the chase", travelling all over with HL store list in hand, looking for that one rare piece.... It was the chance to again meet up with fellow collectors and catch up.

These things, and all of the folks you met along the way. That WAS Harbour Light collecting. Let's face it, that feeling has been gone for years. Yes, am I disappointed to see the product go? Of course. But more so, I'm disappointed that the good times are gone along with them...

MW

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206133 02/06/12 07:03 AM
G
Gekko Offline
G
I want to pick up some pieces from Cape Annies but I feel like I am interrupting a wake asking what the deads furniture will go for! I can get around the fact their sale is not equal to HL and the shipping is more, due to them being highly regarded here, but the no exchange, sales final thing worries me. I have had 2 returns already with HL with damaged pieces. Can u assure me as a customer against defective or damaged pieces? I know HL will & that's an important detail.

Wish List: Curtis Island - Camden, Maine. Piedras Blancas "the headless light" - San Simeon, California.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206137 02/06/12 05:09 PM
G
Gekko Offline
G
Also, does the Cape Cod Store plan on selling any of its HL inventory at a reduced rate?

Wish List: Curtis Island - Camden, Maine. Piedras Blancas "the headless light" - San Simeon, California.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: Gekko] #206138 02/06/12 05:47 PM
W
wickywacky Offline
W
I CONTACTED JIM AND ANN AT CAPE ANNIES. THEY HAVE A VERY LIMITED SUPPLY AND WON'T BE SPECIAL ORDERING ANYTHING FROM LHM. BEST TO EMAIL THEM WITH YOUR REQUEST. JIM OR ANN ALWAYS FOLLOW-UP.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206139 02/06/12 05:49 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
WHY don't you call them and ask these questions yourself? That is the ONLY way you will know for sure.

These Forums are independantly run and are not affiliated with Harbour Lights, Cape Annies, The Cape Cod Store or any other vendor(s) of the Harbour Lights products.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206140 02/06/12 06:00 PM
G
Gekko Offline
G
It looked to me like Roland was affiliated with Cape Cod. Is he not?

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206142 02/06/12 07:15 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Yes, Roland owns the Cape Cod Store and is/was a Harbour Lights dealer. The 'Signature' on his posts identify him as such.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: Gekko] #206143 02/06/12 07:36 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Gekko
Also, does the Cape Cod Store plan on selling any of its HL inventory at a reduced rate?

As of now we aren't discounting any of the HL products. That may change down the road, but unless things change drastically, not for the foreseeable future.

Roland Babineau
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206159 02/07/12 08:30 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
It's not like the Dealers got great deals from HL that they can pass on to their customers. HL sold direct to to the public for less than they offered to the dealers! Good luck, Roland. You have stood behind everything you have ever sold me, and that is worth more than any discount!

Angels Gate
Re: The Death Knell [Re: Angels Gate] #206163 02/08/12 05:35 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Angels Gate
It's not like the Dealers got great deals from HL that they can pass on to their customers. HL sold direct to to the public for less than they offered to the dealers! Good luck, Roland. You have stood behind everything you have ever sold me, and that is worth more than any discount!

Thank you Jane. Our policy has always been to treat our customers fairly, whether you spend $5.00 or $5,000.00. I guess that's why we have such a high rate of repeat business.

Roland Babineau
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206218 02/19/12 01:31 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Now 70% off on Harbour Lights products at LHD. It was 65% a couple of days ago. At this rate they should be free by the middle of March.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206219 02/19/12 05:28 AM
G
Gekko Offline
G
What is the code? Funny I.did.not get that email.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: Webmaster] #206222 02/19/12 04:17 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
At this rate they should be free by the middle of March.

I have to laugh at that, "Free by March"! That's a good one...

I assume that the next sale will be "70% off of ALL Harbour Lights", not just select ones as currently offered till February 23rd.

No code needed as this offer is only on a six (6) select pieces. I don't have the heart to tell you which ones as a lot of reunion folks will be upset. But I'm sure you know which ones I am talking about....

Either way, they may as well as make them free NOW cause I;m sure the collectors community is more then "ticked"! Just wait to see what happens next....

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206223 02/19/12 05:57 PM
G
Gekko Offline
G
I am mainly buying the GLOWs. I didn't get into this for investment plus it doesn't look like a good one anyway. I suspect.most did not do this for investment either although nice to know I am sure. I'm surprised HL doesn't say anything to u loyal people. But if their wringing the towel I guess silence.maximizes their value. I would think LD would survive all this as a tourist stop still though. Just HL seems destined to die. Why not take a break and revamp in a few years? Can't be a lot of debt (u would think). How about offering ownership to its customers? Seems like a lot of potential there perhaps.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206224 02/19/12 06:39 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
No potential there, I think. They have alienated people so thoroughly that the mere mention of 'Harbour Lights' leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. Who would be foolish enough to invest in a company that will take a generation at least, to live down the dirty dealings associated with its name? And while most folks, as you say, collect for the love of lighthouses, we at least want the collectible to be worth what we paid for it. Maybe now, price has dropped close to value!

Angels Gate
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206269 02/25/12 08:40 PM
Danny Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I haven't signed on in many moons, but I have checked in from time to time. "Back when....," when I made some less-than-optimistic observations about HL and the direction in which it seemed to be heading, I seemed to elicit rather negative responses. Not to claim undue perspicacity, I did ever so long ago observe that HL was putting out too many pieces per year, that they were overpriced, that the workmanship was suffering, etc. Some Forum members seemed to be a bit miffed that I would say such things, yet I now see the same observations being made here. Hmmmmmm. The last straw, for me, was the "Barking Rocks," the roller coaster, and the light smothered in toothpaste, all at too high a cost. Did HL put out fine pieces I would love to have had after that...certainly. But the gaps in my collection were already created, and I could not afford to bleed more money for excessive numbers of pieces I could not display. Having said that, I am still sorry that the company has "folded," and apparently on such a negative note. Due to circumstances in my personal life, after my responsibility to my Dad's care is ended, the time is coming that I will give my entire collection away [I'm too old to expend the time and energy and peace-of-mind on try to sell them off piecemeal!] What I would do is to give them in one unbroken block to one individual, not parcel them out. So, here's hoping that the Forum—or something like it—will still be around to make the grand offer. A real source of happiness for a lot of people has taken a rather sour turn, and I'm very sorry to see this.

Danny

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206271 02/25/12 09:45 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Danny,

Many of us saw this coming but just didn't want to admit it. There are others that still don't want to believe that the game has ended. I myself would have been glad to have it end several years ago when the prices started going up and the lighthouses produced were starting to lean toward the Cherly Spencer Collin "pretty" pieces. I never noticed the quality going down myself since I started way back in time I only noticed the quality improving. I personally like the old pieces in the 5500 edition range but I think I'm in the minority. Since I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on new pieces I have started concentrating on getting all the variations of the original 38 pieces and a few pieces (like a gold piece which I have never won) and some of the AP and Paint Masters. I've been very lucky in my goal for the first 38 variations but am still missing the 2 "biggies" which are HL102 Original Cape Hatteras with a "Dark Green Ball" and a Californian made HL111 Coquille River. Eventually they will come my way but the hunt is always the fun part.

One other reason that I'm not upset with HLs giving up the "ghost" is that I display all 747 pieces of my collection and it was either to continue buying and storing in the closet or buy another curio with absolutely no place to put it.

Have agreat day and please continue to post when you feel like it. There are very few left on the Forums that post since most of them still visit but I'm told they communicate on Facebook and that is something I will never do.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206272 02/25/12 11:54 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
We're now almost two months into the calendar year with no announcement of 2012 editions.

Will we be the ones to stick a fork in it and call it "done"?

Or do you think there will be an official announcement?

Corrected my "2013" error in the original post.

Last edited by Webmaster; 02/26/12 05:06 PM.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206273 02/26/12 12:12 PM
W
wickywacky Offline
W
IT'S BEEN "DONE" SINCE BARFING ROCKS. THE EDSEL OF HARBOUR LIGHTS. BUT THE EDSEL BY FORD HAS SOME VALUE.

Last edited by wickywacky; 02/26/12 12:31 PM.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: Webmaster] #206275 02/26/12 04:53 PM
R
RMau Offline
Wacko
Wacko
R
We're now almost two months into the calendar year with no announcement of 2013 editions.

Will we be the ones to stick a fork in it and call it "done"?

Or do you think there will be an official announcement?

Were there announcements of 2012 editions that I missed?

I think time will call it 'done'. It would be nice to see an announcement from the current custodians of the Harbour Lights brand & name. Something along the lines of 'Thank you for your support through the years of success and struggle, but the run is over'.

Put here for nostalgia's sake (and those of us who don't Facebook), put it on Facebook. Heck, tweet it to if there's a Twitter outlet. Maybe send a letter to all of the addresses in the Collector's Society database.

That would be the classy thing to do instead of HL's going skulking into the night and fading away.

We'll see. It could happen.

Rick

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206280 02/26/12 07:53 PM
Danny Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Rich

When I spoke of declining quality, I meant primarily in the production and delivery side and not in the design side. When I kept getting pieces with broken parts, the railings around the lantern glued on askew, clots and globs of paint clogging up the spaces between the porch railing posts, etc., it became a real "downer" for me. After all, what would it have taken to align the twelve or so railing posts with the corresponding brackets? The design part of it was fine, but the execution suffered. But, I also agree with you that cutesy things were starting to creep in.

As I indicated, above, I am facing the challenge of downsizing, which is why my collection will have to go. I moved in with my Dad when my mom died, and the HLs have all—every last one of them—stayed in their boxes ever since. That is why I'm hoping, when the time comes, that someone will come with a panel truck, receive the collection, and—we can only hope—enjoy it as I no longer can. I did and do love the pieces, but they do no one any good sitting immaculately in their boxes, taking up nearly a full quarter of the basement.

I also agree with you that it was the original 5500 bunch that caught my affections. The later ones, while more faithful and impressive, somehow did quite grab the imagination as the earlier one did. They also became increasingly fragile. Too much so!

Glad that you can still enjoy your magnificent collection!

Danny

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206281 02/26/12 10:28 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Danny,

I am enjoying my collection even more with the potential demise of Harbour Lights. It's not that I am sitting back and laughing at what is probably going to be their end. No, it's because I told my wife several years ago that I would quit collecting when my curios were full. Over the years I have expanded the number of lighthouses in each cabinet by adding at least 2 shelve and in some case 3 shelves to the cabinets to accompany my growing collection. I have left room for the 3 things that I still want to add, but, am content with the demise of Harbour Lights.

Would I start collecting again if HLs were to start up, I don't really think they will and I don't think I would. I'm enjoying the hunt for those rare pieces probably as much as when I started the hunt back in 1994.

I'd drive a truck all the way to Wichita if you had the 3 pieces I'm looking for but very few do and the ones that do have them wantwhat they paid for them back in the "good old days" and I'm not that desperate to get them at those prices. One day I'll stumble across some one that will want a reasonable price and until that time comes I can wait.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206296 02/29/12 07:34 PM
Danny Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Rich,

Remembering that I haven't been tuned in to the site for quite awhile, I don't know what three pieces you are looking for, but I can almost guarantee that I won't have them. I don't have all the variations, and I don't have first Hatteras or first Coquille in any shape or form. I have a LE Bolivar with edition number 13 and a LE Seven-Foot Knoll with number 7 [Kim surprised me with that when I was going through a rough time]. Other than that, I have a representative of all the pieces through 2008, with the conventional variants [Admirality, etc.]and a few more duplications, but probably not the astonishingly rare things you are seeking. I figured, however, that there will be someone who got into Harbour Lights late in the game who would want to trek to Wichita to scoop up the whole batch. Probably need a 20-25 foot panel truck. At any rate, that's what I am foreseeing in the next year or so.

I'm still remembering that I was at the Lookout Gift Shop at Depoe Bay, OR, in 1991-2, looking at five or six of the first Coquille, and thinking "what a goofy looking lighthouse" at the time. I also remember their having the first Hatteras, and thinking it a bit spindly [and, I didn't like the spiral!] I wasn't collecting, then! I didn't start until 1995, when I wanted to get a Split Rock for my folks. [And Split Rock had just been retired! HL had just put out the Postage Stamp set, with all five pieces neatly fitted into a special display box. Not being familiar with Harbour Lights, I was frustrated that none of the dealers would sell me just the Split Rock piece. I got the whole set later, with all the same numbers—in fact, I have two sets—but they did not come packed in the one display box as I had seen them. I've never seen that display box, since.] By that time, of course, you couldn't touch a Coquille for under a thousand. I paid a fairly high price for the first St. Augustine, but I could never bring myself to go big bucks for the Coquille. Hatteras was entirely out of the question.

At any rate, sort of like you, I have to say that I am relieved that HL is going, because it WAS frustrating to keep watching pieces come out that I couldn't acquire. The irony, though, is that I had long ago indicated on this site that I hoped that they would do Squaw Island. And they did—nearly, if not conclusively, their last piece! Unfortunately, they decided to dress it up for Kris Kringle and hide the details with snow and decorations, so I still wasn't tempted. The same thing happened with Michigan City—they dumped snow all over it.

About the only thing I would still really want is the Fourteen-Mile Island [is that the name—I don't have a reference handy?—piece that is represented as a ruin. But, with close to seven hundred or so boxes in the basement, already, I just can't justify acquiring one more item. Durn!

Danny

Last edited by Danny; 02/29/12 07:35 PM.
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206298 02/29/12 08:57 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Latest LHD email - 60% off on all Harbour Lights AND a free copy of the "Official Collector's Guide".

Guess Paul and I won't get any royalties on those free ones.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206301 02/29/12 10:20 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Danny - These are the pieces that I am on the hunt for. A California Coquille ( I have the Canadian), a dark green Original Hatteras ( I have the white tip) and a gold piece of either one of these (SE Block, Eddystone, St. Augustine or Ft. Tompkins) and I'm fortunate enough to have just gotten one of those. I'll wait till it arrives before I disclose which one.

Harbour Lights has had a good run with 21 years which is a fantastic run for a collectible line. I think it could have gone on another 10-15 years if the economy had not gotton as bad as it did. I still feel the first nail in the coffin was going to 10,000 pieces, followed by the introduction of the GLOW, the economy and then the Youngers selling the company. By the time the Youngers sold the economy had taken it's toll and Don didn't really have a chance even having Tony at the reins. It might have also been different if the LLOM would have been introduced first and the GLOWS would not have been introduced at all.

My 2 cents on the subject.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206302 02/29/12 10:23 PM
W
wickywacky Offline
W
Does this "Official Collector's Guide" show the discount prices?

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206303 03/01/12 05:28 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
No, but they might be willing to write them in for you for $39.95

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206305 03/01/12 12:12 PM
W
wickywacky Offline
W
OUTSTANDING. MAYBE I'LL ORDER 25 FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTS OR JUST WAIT TO SEE IF THEY'LL SEND ONE TO ALL ON THE LHD EMAIL LIST.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206355 03/07/12 12:41 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Probably not much longer. . . Received the monthly "Depot Dispatch" which usually had a fair amount of interesting news bytes from the world of lighthouses. And, it is always a handy conduit to promote a HL product available thru LHD. Seems that Lighthouse Digest is taking it over. To me this would indicate the end is near for LHD and by extension, HL.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206524 03/29/12 11:29 AM
U
uconnhusky Offline
U
This confirms what I thought, esp after an e mail about the state of the collection went unanswered. I had forgotten about the forum, haven't signed on in about 15 years. Oh well I was out of space anyway with over 400 limited editions on display (all basic ltd editions except all variants, and except Coquille), plus at least 50-75% of the special editions number 500 and up. It was my first wife's passion until she passed 15 years ago. I had enrolled her as a charter society member. I took over after her death. I am dismayed the discounting and the years of over production have hurt their value but I enjoy looking at them every day. Mine have been there to be seen, not to be boxed up to sell someday. The end of collecting may be here, but the lighthouses will continue to bring me joy and great memories, and someday I hope my 11 year old will get enjoyment and maybe value out of my collection.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206528 03/29/12 10:44 PM
R
RMau Offline
Wacko
Wacko
R
uconnhusky,

I think it is a wonderful testament to your first wife that you cared enough to join the Forums and post.

You have collected HLs for the best reasons, to share with family and friends, and to enjoy.

As you have experienced in life, things change. And that is the path that Harbour Lights is on. Change. There has been lots of speculation, including by me, about what that means. But as I write this I have about 80 HLs in east sight of my chair. I enjoy them everyday. If we never see another HL, I'll still have these.

Only time knows how this will all turn out.

All the best,

Rick

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206543 03/31/12 10:51 PM
The Lightkeeper Offline
I said five years ago that the "lighthouse craze" was over. Too much product. No "new" collectors. Real lighthouse enthusiasts getting older with no more room to display anything else. The younger people are not interested in lighthouses, especially in their history and their preservation.
It has been a slow death, but none the less it has happened. So enjoy what you have and volunteer at a lighthouse where you can. Perhaps someday it may happen again???

Last edited by The Lightkeeper; 03/31/12 11:01 PM.

The Lightkeeper
Mike
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206550 04/02/12 05:10 AM
G
Gekko Offline
G
So here in San Diego I was emailing City Lights who is one of HL/LD bigger distributors. I was surprised they were still full retail on the same pieces being liquidated. One of the honchos there called HL & was left with the impression that HL may sell the line and are just clearing inventory. My question was who is going to buy future pieces when they appear to have alienated their base?? No reply.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: Gekko] #206551 04/02/12 10:41 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Gekko
My question was who is going to buy future pieces when they appear to have alienated their base??

Yoo !!! .... Count me as one !!! In a heartbeat !!!

*** Sorry if my response pisses off some Forum members. ***

Stan M
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206644 04/09/12 12:13 PM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Stop apologizing, Loon...we're entitled to our opinions...I've been pissing 'em off for years and I don't care!

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206759 04/29/12 06:09 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Hey John. What did Bill have to say about this sad state of affairs when you had lunch with him yesterday?

Re: The Death Knell [Re: JJ] #206900 05/08/12 10:36 PM
J
joeproduce Offline
J
Still getting E-mail from LHD on a daily base ( every thing must go up to 80% off ) . have called and talk to two different girls at c service but they are close mouth about what going on there when asked .Also when my wife and I where there last summer there was very little in store and only two people working compared to the year before when there was more then ten in there it will be a shame to see the them go but just remember that last summer they close the Rockport store with out telling any one

Re: The Death Knell [Re: JJ] #206905 05/09/12 03:25 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Originally Posted By: JJ
Hey John. What did Bill have to say about this sad state of affairs when you had lunch with him yesterday?

Being the gentlemen that he and I are, we didn't discuss the demise of Harbour Lights. Really.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206906 05/09/12 04:35 AM
G
Gekko Offline
G
I asked each time I called 3-4 months ago and the ladies confirmed to me that the end of HL was near. I always thought LD would survive as a tourist stop though. I guess they were a one trick pony.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206934 05/10/12 09:04 AM
CrystalRose Offline
As sad as this is I was warned about it 2-3 years ago already. My husband and I were visiting the lighthouse shop in Kewaunee and the owner then told me Harbour Lights seemed to be having a hard time.

I hadn't checked the Lighthouse Depot site in a long time until the other day. I was SHOCKED to see how cheap they were selling the remaining inventory. I never expected to see them go that low.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206973 05/15/12 03:05 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
The Founders Collection is now on sale at 40% off at LHD. Special ordering instructions at their site: http://tinyurl.com/83brxqb

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206976 05/16/12 02:47 AM
G
Gekko Offline
G
It will be 80% off if everyone just waits. Remember its just a great memory at this point. Zero resell value.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206978 05/16/12 09:11 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I have a tendency to disagree with this thought of zero resell value. The prices appear to be increasing on EBAY and as they totally disappear from the market I bet you prices will start to increase more as they are no longer available. It will be interesting to watch what happens.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206979 05/16/12 10:13 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I agree with Rich.
Those that are selling on eBay are holding out for higher prices. Maybe they are only selling one or two out of their lot of 20 or 30 but they are going for half retail to over retail price.

Example:
A new Canal went for $120
A 633 open edition golden gate bridge went for $81
Many of the Fresnel lenses are going for $80 to $100.
Older Reunion pieces are going for $150 to $250
Thatcher Island and Plymouth Ma went for $92 and $94
Huron and Chesapeake went for $95
Another Huron went for $111
Cape Hatteras still goes for between $100 and $200
Key Largo, Sabine Pass, Carysfort Reef, Boston harbor 117 and West Quoddy 103 all just went for $80

Rich and I have both seen this market trend for a while now. Once HL and Lighthouse depot clears out their inventory at Bargin prices, I feel the market will only get better.

DANIEL
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206981 05/16/12 10:26 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
And to the very detailed reasons listed by Daniel above, IF anyone is thinking about buying some lighthouses, NOW is the time to nuy them.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206984 05/16/12 10:49 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
HOPEFULLY soon I will put together a general list of L.E.'s that are collectable and will retain their value better than others.

DANIEL
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206986 05/16/12 12:07 PM
Mark Wagner Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
"It will be 80% off if everyone just waits."

No need to wait, on the depots web site click on the tab "Blockbuster Sale-Harbour Lights "..... it's 80% off

That includes the 20th Anniversary Alaskan Replica Set for $94.00,

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206988 05/16/12 06:23 PM
W
wyattd01 Offline
W
So over the past few days I have spoken with several HL dealers and they have all confirmed that within 30 days Harbour Lights will be officially gone!

Last edited by wyattd01; 05/16/12 06:24 PM.

Dave
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206989 05/16/12 11:29 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
"Tick-Tock goes the clock"....

HL's time has about ran out!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206990 05/17/12 12:29 AM
Mark Wagner Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The 20th Anniversary Alaskan Replica Set for $94.00

The word "replica" makes me wonder if these are any different from the pieces that were distributed to the reunion attendee's, does any one know if there is a difference ?

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206991 05/17/12 04:22 AM
G
Gekko Offline
G
Rich, I think any increase in price is a temporary abberation. Once HL is gone you still have a collector base becoming more and more disinterested and getting older. I think it spikes a little (ebay) and then drizzles down to the market that is now (HL). They certainly will have value as they are nice pieces but more in the current discounted range. I think the older pieces will decline faster due to visual quality of the last decade. I bot my first one this year with a plan of buying one a year. I now have 46. Yikes.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206993 05/17/12 12:53 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well I saw John's email too late. By the time I contact LHD yesterday all the #5500 were gone cry

Melody
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206994 05/17/12 04:30 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I sent my list out for the first 5, two hours after Johns post on the forums. They were already gone.

Last edited by DANIEL; 05/17/12 07:15 PM.

DANIEL
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206996 05/17/12 04:47 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey, what's up? I thought that we had a long discussion about ayear ago and the majority of the members thought that the 5500 group was ugly junk. My, how things and ideas change once the price goes down for the Founder's Collection.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206997 05/17/12 06:35 PM
Mark Wagner Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I sent an email shortly after John posted to facebook (my email was sent around 12:30p central time tuesday) Inquiring about 5 pieces - 4 old 1 newer, and all my requests were gone already

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206998 05/17/12 07:19 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Rich
You know I never said that. The 5500 group is my favorite and I have most of the variations of them.

DANIEL
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #206999 05/17/12 09:15 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Daniel - You are in the minority, as I am, that feels the 5500 group had character and actually resembles the lighthouses as they actually look. Too many fancy gadgets and twigets on the newer ones in my opinion.

Rich
Re: The Death Knell [Re: Mark Wagner] #207010 05/19/12 11:09 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
The 20th Anniversary Alaskan Replica Set for $94.00The word "replica" makes me wonder if these are any different from the pieces that were distributed to the reunion attendee's, does anyone know if there is a difference.

I have seen the word “replica” used before by Lighthouse depot, meaning Replica of the actual lighthouse. Note that also on their site, the little lights of mine are called “Little Light Replicas”

Mark as far as I know these are of the same group of lighthouses that was produced for the reunion. The only difference of these lighthouses and the one offered at the reunion are they are higher numbers and probably not signed.

Lighthouse Depot claims only an edition of 360 and reading between the lines I came up with only around 175 of them sold at the reunion. (Tony said only 45% to 50% of the reunion people were HL collectors). This would leave around 185 not sold.

Now the Standard minimum for ordering HL figurines from the manufacturer has always been 500. So if they just did a small order of 360, I am sure these pieces were very expensive.

That is why lighthouse depot started to sell Reunion pieces right after the reunion. It was to recover their unexpected losses.

DANIEL
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #207011 05/19/12 04:29 PM
CrystalRose Offline
I was able to get two of the founders collection pieces. Probably only because the ones I requested aren't super "popular". I didn't try for any of the 5500 group only because my husband and I have most of those from years back.

Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #207012 05/19/12 05:17 PM
Mark Wagner Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It would appear that collectors world bought most if not all of the #5,500 (Nancy pieces) I don't know if they bought the founders collection pieces or not, but I noticed the piece Rich just bought from collectors world was on the same list from LH depots founders collection page, I called collectors world this morning and asked what he had left, they were the same ones from the Depot's list. I don't know about the founders collection pieces because I didn't ask

Re: The Death Knell [Re: CrystalRose] #207013 05/19/12 10:06 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I was able to get two of the founders collection pieces. Probably only because the ones I requested aren't super "popular".

I think that all that is left of the founders collection are the unpopular ones. I don't see these selling very fast. Of course the discounted price will help. I am gald the founders collection was not destroyed last year like was stated. humm, I think I might buy one or two more.

DANIEL
Re: The Death Knell [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #207048 05/24/12 10:43 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I could never see LD destroying something they could eventually make a little money by selling at a later date.

Rich
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bob M 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 651 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users