I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but I had not considered that a hurricane could damage a lighthouse - especially a river lighthouse.

This is from an article in the

DailyGazette.com

Quote:
Monday’s flooding affected the Water’s Edge Lighthouse, which abuts the Mohawk River on Freemans Bridge Road in Glenville. High water crested a 10-foot embankment and flooded the restaurant’s parking lot and several nearby buildings. The extent of the damage was unknown as no one answered the phone at the facility Tuesday

During Isabel in 2003 there was about 10 feet of storm surge here, but there was none this time at least here. When we went to see the boat at low tide on the day after the storm, there was still water up to my knees at our dock

This time we here in southern MD (on the western shore), didn't have any storm surge to speak of, but we got 10-12" of rain right after a previous rain which had already completely saturated the ground, so we lost about 10 trees on our property (they just fell over because their roots couldn't hold onto the ground) but most of them were in the back yard and none damaged any structures. We were without power from 8:30 pm on Friday night to 7:00 pm on Tuesday, because a pole down the street from us blew across the road and ended up on someone's gate posts. But we didn't have a road blockage of this road to the outside world, and we have a generator so we were relatively comfortable - we could keep the refrigerator and freezer cold and I could charge my laptop and we could watch TV. And some people are still without power, so we were lucky it wasn't longer than that.