Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2011 Alaska Reunion Cruise Who's Going #203660 06/20/11 08:58 PM
MelJB Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Don't know how I got everything into my suitcases to return home. Absolutely know they weighted more than 50 lbs each! Glad I opted into the Valet service on the ship, they took my bags I did not have to deal with them until I arrived in Denver Friday evening - they had checked them in with the airline and even printed by boarding pass for me.

The pre-cruise trip with Derith was so very very excellent - saw at least 23 lights (2 Canadian) and the weather could not have been better. Only rained while visiting one light - Marrowstone.

Enjoyed the cruise as well - visiting with Bill, Nancy, Harry, Tori Dawn and Tony. Old Forums friends that have not been online for a while like BobO(tt). We saw many many eagles, some ocras, Harbor Seals and Steller Seals/Sea Lions and at least one humpback whale, 2 glaciers (Sawyer and Mendenhall lots of ice bergs. Weather was cloudy and overcast a good deal of the time, but only a few rain sprinkles.

Goodies - 3 Thumbnails Guard Island, Sentinel, and Pt Retreat.

Other goodies included 2 wooden felt lined boxes, one with Guard Island engraved and the other with Sentinel engraved; Harbour Lights commemorative coin; a key fob; two painted glass ornaments; a tote bag (no reunion logo, but a very nice bag!) and a tack pin of the reunion logo. Goodies were for the most part determined if the receiptant was male/female. For example for the first give away the men got the tack pin and the women received a green tote bag. Another time the women received one of the painted ornaments and the men got one of the carved box and so on. The next time the women received a different carved box and the men received a painted ornament. So only couples got the entire set of goodies. At the last give away, people were able to purchase the items they were missing. Pro - couples did not get duplicates. Con - if a single wanted the missing items they had to be purchased. We also received pins to commemorate each excursion we went on.

The Christmas light was shown and another future release both very very nice - but right now for the life of me I can not remember what they are - sorry folks you will have to wait for someone else to post.

Some rare and extremely rare items were donated by HL and auctioned with the $$ raised being donated to the Coast Guard Aux fund (I think that is right). There were several pieces that were made but never went into production as originally designed. Top piece went for $4500.00. Two spare gold pieces from past events were sold, a foam board poster with the reunion logo, and some artist proofs.

Have to sort through pictures before I can post anything. Won't be able to do that until probably this weekend.

Melody
Re: 2011 Alaska Reunion Cruise Who's Going [Re: MelJB] #203671 06/21/11 02:06 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Sorry, Mel. I was trying to move your post to the new thread and I wasn't successful. would you please repost this into the new thread at http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=203669#Post203669 and then delete this post? Thanks

Last edited by Webmaster; 06/21/11 02:08 PM.

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,153 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users