Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Windows 7, Firefox 4.0, these forums ? #203400 06/03/11 11:07 PM
Mark Wagner Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I have upgraded all of my computers to Windows 7 over the past few weeks, And Firefox 4.0 is the current version available to download. With my old setup - Win XP Pro and earlier version Firefox I could log in go to active topics and bookmark that and I could go directly to the active topics with one click from my bookmarks, now with this new setup I have to click my CF link, log in, and then go to active topics.

Has anyone else had this problem and figured it out yet, to go directly to active topics ?

I have the remember me checked here on the forums, In the Firefox options I currently have it set to, Not clear my history and allow cookies.

Any thoughts on getting this back to one click ?

Mark

Re: Windows 7, Firefox 4.0, these forums ? [Re: Mark Wagner] #203414 06/04/11 09:52 AM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I've "upgraded" to IE 7 and although I can get in and out of the Forums with no problem, my performance has greatly slowed down, especially in my e-mail program. I've found that when I'm done composing e-mails and pressing "send", I get a "loading" message for about 5-10 seconds then nothing. I'm never quite sure the e-mail has been sent. Also having trouble updating my links on our Facebook page as I have to get in and out of the page with each posting. As always, Microsoft does a #$%$#@ job with every new program!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Windows 7, Firefox 4.0, these forums ? [Re: Mark Wagner] #203416 06/04/11 05:08 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Originally Posted By: Mark Wagner
...I could log in go to active topics and bookmark that and I could go directly to the active topics with one click from my bookmarks, now with this new setup I have to click my CF link, log in, and then go to active topics.
Any thoughts on getting this back to one click...

Mark

Latest Firefox version is 4.01. when you have all the sites open in different tabs, choose the Collector Forums and set it to Active Topics, choosing whichever time group you want.

Under TOOLS/Options/General (Tab), click on the "Use Current" button.

When you launch Firefox, all the sites should open to the page you want to be on, including the Collector Forums.

I have tabs for 14 different websites that open when I launch Firefox.

Re: Windows 7, Firefox 4.0, these forums ? [Re: Mark Wagner] #203422 06/05/11 11:03 AM
Mark Wagner Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Thanks John, When I clicked the cf bookmark this morning I was still logged in (finally) that was the hang up was it was either not saving my log in info or logging me out on closing Firefox, but I reset my bookmark to Active topics and it seems to be doing what I want it to now. I wasn't trying to set it to open as a home page, but I do like having multiple tabs open at the start of Firefox.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users