Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What did YOU pay for these HL's? #203250 05/27/11 05:36 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Were you one of the people who paid $145 for the Sankaty-on-the Move? Or $120 for the Christmas Hospital Point or $120 for the AB Tender Narcissus?

Too bad. If you had waited you could have saved over 60% on these three $100+ pieces.

Now available from Lighthouse Depot (the store with the built-in Harbour Lights inventory) today they are priced at $54, $45 and $45 respectively.

Plus you get a free 'Surprise' box that includes a Collectors Guide* book, a thumbnail, a regional pin-back button and a Christmas ornament.

Sounds like LHD is clearing out the left-overs. Are they making room for the new summer pieces?

--------------------------------------------------

* I wonder what the payment will be to Paul and I for the give-away Collector Guides?

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? [Re: Webmaster] #203253 05/27/11 05:54 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
It would be nice if that were the case (making room) but I think they are trying to just get rid of the pieces they already have so they can break even.

What they are doing is getting their avid collector based that paid retail ticked off again and again and again!

Rich
Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? [Re: Webmaster] #203268 05/28/11 03:02 AM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Yep! But if anyone there cares, they are harder to find than a dog hair in a rabbit hutch!

Angels Gate
Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? [Re: Webmaster] #203275 05/28/11 01:37 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Yup !!! Paid full price for these.

I justify it when I find other HL's below retail.

All collectors need a perk now and then.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? [Re: Lighthouse Loon] #203327 05/31/11 08:38 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Even if it's at the expense of their most loyal collectors?

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? [Re: Webmaster] #203330 06/01/11 12:53 AM
Middle I-land MI Max Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I'll second "getting their avid collector base... ticked off again and again.."

Nothing like shooting yourself and few remaining dealers in the foot with your discounting policies, especially when you're connected to the production of new HL replicas you expect to sell!!

Max

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #203336 06/01/11 10:30 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com
Originally Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Even if it's at the expense of their most loyal collectors?

I'm not supporting what LHD does, but when you find a rare bargain elsewhere. Of the 400+ HL's I have, maybe 4 were purchased at a discount.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? [Re: Webmaster] #203346 06/01/11 11:07 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Being a 'New' collector, I had the advantage of actually stumbling into really disgusted collectors who two years ago auctioned off their collections (by the piece) on eBay, including all the original boxes and certs. We won nearly 80 lights from a collector who had a real nice auto-ship number, but was so put out with LHD he just gave up collecting! We have gotten some very good opportunities from eBay, But we have bought many from collectors here on the Forums,and from our favorite Dealer, Roland. We have paid retail for maybe 1/3 of our collection of (now) over 500, but we have paid MUCH, MUCH MORE THAN RETAIL for certain lights, and have never regretted a dollar spent. That's easier when you start off knowing that these lights are not now, nor never again will be worth any MORE than retail, and for the most part...

Angels Gate

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users