Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Opportunity Drawing Winners Announcement #156790 09/30/09 01:45 AM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Here is a copy of an e-mail I received today from Linell Lukesh, treasurer of Historically Significant Structures, INC., caretakers of Execution Rocks Lighthouse.
This e-mail was in response to one I sent yesterday informing her that a check for the Execution Rocks restoration effort had been mailed.

"Dear Roland,

We are thrilled! Thank you! The funds are exactly what we need to use towards the painting of the tower which is planned for spring of 2010. Please convey to all your members that Historically Significant Structures, Inc and Execution Rocks Lighthouse thank them for this great contribution.

This past summer we had almost 300 hundred visitors to the lighthouse for our tower climbs. We have the 2010 tour schedule posted on our website at www.lighthouserestorations.org. Also, Ghost Adventures from the travel channel filmed at the lighthouse in August. The show is supposed to air in mid-December. I will send you an e-mail when we get the date.

Thank you! Thank you!

Linell"

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Opportunity Drawing Winners Announcement #156791 09/30/09 05:03 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
These are the kinds of posts that makes everything the committee did to organize this fund raising endeavor AND the contributions made by Forum members worthwhile!
A BIG pat on the back to everyone!! waytogo
Rick

Re: Opportunity Drawing Winners Announcement #156792 10/03/09 12:10 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Just thought everyone would like to know what the final totals were from the Fundraiser.
Between the Opportunity Drawing and the auction, the total amount raised for lighthouse preservation was $2,135.00! After some anxious moments and sincere doubt, we actually met and surpassed our goal of $2,000.00!! Thanks to all who donated funds, as well as the fundraiser committee members, all of whom donated lighthouses for the cause! All of you give yourselves a big round of applause for helping 6 lighthouse preservation groups get some much needed monetary aid!
When dividing up the funds, we took into consideration the initial vote that was taken among the members of these Forums. Just to refresh everyone's memories, the vote came out as follows...
First place was Jones Point
Second place was New Canal
Third place was a tie between Fort Gratiot and Execution Rocks
Fifth Place was Toledo Harbor
Sixth Place was Ashtabula

From the start, we as a committee pretty much decided that even before the vote, we would likely designate $1,000.00 to whichever lighthouse finished first, provided we could raise that much. As we were able to hit our goal, a check for $1,000.00 was sent in the name of the Collector Forums to the Mount Vernon chapter of the N. S. D. A. R. to be used in the restoration of Jones Point.

Here is the rest of the rundown of the funds.
New Canal, $400.00
Fort Gratiot $233.75
Execution Rocks $233.75
Toledo Harbor $133.75
Ashtabula $133.75

As of this writing, all checks have been mailed out with the exception of Fort Gratiot's. Once John gets me the information, (he was the one who nominated Fort Gratiot and initially contacted them in the beginning of the nominating process), I will send off the final check.
Again, thanks to all who participated, and also a special "Thank You" to those Forum members who volunteered their time to contact other websites and organizations as well as those who requested flyers from me to be posted around their prospective areas. A tip o' the cap to you all!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: Opportunity Drawing Winners Announcement #156793 10/25/09 01:44 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I'm a little delayed in posting this. Was on vacation for a couple of weeks and am still catching up.
I received this note in the mail last week from Elizabeth Vosbeck, Chair of Jones Point Lighthouse Fund.
"Thank you so very much for the $1,000. donation you sent to our DAR Light House restoration fund. We have so much work to do on the interior of our lighthouse, and your contribution will help make our work progress."

It was nice to see what the plans are for the money.

Roland Babineau
Re: Opportunity Drawing Winners Announcement #156794 12/18/09 01:09 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Rich wanted me to post a link to the image of the certificate that the New Canal folks presented the Forums with for our donation of $400 to their restoration fund..

3rd image in the thread

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Opportunity Drawing Winners Announcement [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #201636 03/18/11 01:00 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I was just looking at a photo taken this past weekend at Jones Point Lighthouse by one of my Facebook friends. The exterior looks very much like it has for quite some time. Not sure what the interior looks like though. As stated above, Elizabeth Vosbeck commented that the interior needed much work.
I checked Eric's Jones Point site and he has a photo on it which acknowledges the Forums for paying for the cost to repair a hinge on the 4th Order Fresnel that is on display at the Lyceum Museum in Alexandria, Va. Perhaps Eric can also update us on what other progress has been made at Jones Point since we sent them our Opportunity Drawing donation.

Roland Babineau
Re: Opportunity Drawing Winners Announcement [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #201637 03/18/11 01:13 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Just saw another photo of Jones Point which shows what appears to be some work being done on the porch area of the exterior of the lighthouse. Still no info if anything is being done on the interior.

Roland Babineau
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bob Ott, wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users