Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fundraising swim for ALF and Portsmouth Harbor Light #200291 01/17/11 06:48 PM
regalhobo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko

I have received the below email from Jeremy D'Entremont of Portsmouth Harbor Light.

Dear Friends,

We have a unique event coming up on Saturday, February 26, to kick off our 10th anniversary season. I think it's one of the most exciting things we've ever done. Beginning at 12:00 noon, Gary Sredzienski will swim the following route: Odiorne Point (Rye, NH) to Whaleback Lighthouse (Kittery, ME) to Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse (New Castle, NH) to the Kittery Town Dock at Kittery Point. The total distance is close to four miles, and the water temperature is expected to be about 35 degrees. Gary has been swimming all his life and has done long distance winter swims for charities including Seacoast Hospice, Share Our Strength, and the Krempels Brain Injury Foundation.

Gary is also a well-known musician who began his professional career as an accordion player at the age of 9. He performs 1960s surf rock, traditional ethnic, and original accordion compositions with the Portsmouth-based group, the Serfs. Gary also hosts a radio show, "Polka Party," weekly on WUNH-FM in Durham.

Following the swim on February 26, at 5:00 p.m., Gary and his band, the Serfs, will play at a celebration party upstairs at Captain and Patty's restaurant, 90 Pepperrell Road (Route 103) in Kittery Point.

The purpose of this event is to raise awareness and funds for the preservation of our local lighthouses. The funds raised will be split evenly between our parent organization, the American Lighthouse Foundation, and Friends of Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouses.

You can donate and/or purchase tickets for the post-swim party on our website -- click here or put in your search bar http://www.portsmouthharborlighthouse.org then click on events. We also encourage people to get out on the day of the swim to root Gary on from places like Great Island Common in New Castle and Fort Foster in Kittery. Be creative! It would be great to see people come out with signs encouraging Gary.

Please forward to this email to your friends and family. Let's all work together to make this event a resounding success! Anything you can do to spread the word is appreciated. We're also looking for sponsorships. If you know of a local business that might be interested, your suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you,
Jeremy D'Entremont
Operations Manager, Friends of Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouses

Last edited by regalhobo; 01/17/11 11:20 PM.

regalhobo
Tom K

:) :cool:
Re: Fundraising swim for ALF and Portsmouth Harbor Light [Re: regalhobo] #200293 01/17/11 07:22 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I thought I would add a link to the webpage about the swim..

Friends of Portsmouth Harbor Light Swim

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  Bob Ott, wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,031 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users