Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NELL - LLOM set #200129 01/09/11 08:34 PM
Rrronne Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Has anyone heard anything about the NELL LLOM?
I got Race Point and have not seen or heard anything since.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #200135 01/10/11 02:35 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
This particular subject has been quiet for a long long time.....

Originally, NELL indicated that a new lighthouse, from the proposed set of 6 New England lights, would be released every 4-5 months....

Perhaps we will see 2 or 3 be released at once, but I doubt it..... not sure what the "road block" is.... probably the economy.

I too would love to hear an official "Update" from NELL as the status of these LLOMs. The next proposed replica is to be Isle of Shoals (White Island), NH.

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: CAVR] #200146 01/10/11 09:05 PM
regalhobo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have been absent from the forum for some time and was just given a "heads up" about our (NELL's) LLOM series. The last word I received was that HL made the model of Isle of Shoals to big which would have increased our cost. With our cost increased that would have increased your cost to an even more outrageous amount.

NELL did not approve this model and asked HL to redo it to the original LLOM size.This happened some time ago and to the best of my knowledge HL was not happy about redoing it. As far as I know we have not heard anything more from HL after our initial refusal of the larger and more costly model along with our request to put it back to its the original size. I will check with our New Ventures Chair for any further updates and get back to you as soon as possible.

I do know this much, there will not be a release of two or three models at once or right after another as previously stated in another post.

I wish to apologize to everyone for this delay. NELL would have liked very much to stay on the original release schedule, but as you can see it is out of our control.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding in this very frustrating matter.

Tom Kenworthy
President
NELL

regalhobo
Tom K

:) :cool:
Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #200160 01/11/11 12:05 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I am posting a little more information from Tony regarding the delay in the NELL LLOM..

Quote:
There were extensive adjustments that needed to be made to keep the price down, unfortunately the project was pushed back! It is being re-sculpted in an effort to keep their price affordable.

My thoughts on the subject: neither Tony nor Tom probably feel comfortable mentioning this but I believe a person or persons living in the lighthouse wanted the much more costly version done and got involved in the project which caused much of the delay.. and the original commission was ending up being an extremely detailed replica, Harry said

When the sculpture was complete - It's final cost to produce them was going to be way out of the LLOM price range! Tony says China's prices are sky rocketing, the LLOM prices have increased at least $3.00 per LLOM recently..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: WackoPaul] #200288 01/17/11 06:32 PM
regalhobo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
What Paul said is pretty much it. I spoke to Frank Carbone, NELL's New Venture Chair this past Saturday & he told me that we are waiting for the OK from HL for the retooling of the model but the rising prices are now a big part of what is stalling the process. I will keep you all informed of any future updates.

Thank you.
Tom Kenworthy
President
NELL

regalhobo
Tom K

Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #202820 05/08/11 07:02 PM
regalhobo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
To the Lighthouse Community,

The NELL Special Harbour Lights LLOM Series fundraising project has not moved forward in over a year and a half. At our April 30, 2011 Board of Directors meeting we discussed this dire situation at length. A motion was made and a vote taken. DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL this project has been canceled.

Refunds will be sent with a letter of explanation within the next few weeks to everyone that reserved the series.

The NELL Board would like to thank everyone that participated in this project and wishes to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you!

Regards,
Tom Kenworthy
President,
New England
Lighthouse Lovers

“Keeping the flame”

regalhobo
Tom K

Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #202831 05/09/11 12:30 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I am extremely sadden by this news, but can appreciate that NELL has to move forward. I was looking forward to owning the LLOMs and supporting NELL.

Referring back to Paul's post of Jan 11 - what I do not understand is that if NELL commissioned the Isle of Shoals piece and was paying for it, why was the person(s) living in the light even consulted or allowed to have a voice in decisions? Was this their price for allowing the light to be photographed or something?

Melody
Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #202889 05/11/11 02:34 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Too bad! The Special lights are a great way to raise money for preservation. Rising costs are a big enough obstacle without adding lack of cooperation to the mix. I always try to buy one of these "Specials", and not only do I enjoy the piece, but I feel good about the purchase to 'boot'!

Angels Gate
Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #202932 05/12/11 09:25 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I too am sorry to see these special LLOM replicas halted but I can sure say it wasn't because of NELL's lack of trying. It was a great idea and too bad they couldn't get more cooperation along the way.

Judy

Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #202933 05/12/11 09:26 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I too am sorry to see these special LLOM replicas halted but I can sure say it wasn't because of NELL's lack of trying. It was a great idea and too bad they couldn't get more cooperation along the way.

Judy

Re: NELL - LLOM set [Re: Rrronne] #203613 06/16/11 11:56 AM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Indeed this is some sad news for all, NELL, us collectors, and in a way, even HL.

I guess now we know why we haven't heard anything in awhile about this special set and the next piece that was proposed.

Too bad to hear that it is "CANCELED".

-Christopher
"CAVR"

Moderated by  Bob Ott, wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users