Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Where do you people display your LEs? #200001 01/03/11 09:09 AM
P
Phillygirl Offline OP
OP Offline
P
If I had a regular sized LE for every lighthouse I've visited, I'd have to build another room onto my house! It's bad enough the Little Lights are taking over. Where DO you guys display all these lighthouses?

I'm not mad, I'm just from Philly! :)
Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200002 01/03/11 09:42 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I've added several rooms onto my house. Not all to display my HL's. Some so Debbie had rooms that didn't have lighthouses pillowfight. Actually see likes them as much as I do.

Currently working on my seventh cabinet.

Last edited by Lighthouse Loon; 01/03/11 09:44 AM.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200005 01/03/11 11:04 AM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Stan, ...so some of the rooms you have added onto your house are just to display Harbour Lights???
Phillygirl, I have one cabinet for LEs and a smaller one for Little Lights, but I am just a small collector. Even so, I am about to say "forget it" to saving the boxes.

Laura
Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200007 01/03/11 11:19 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have one wall of floor to ceiling built-ins in my living room with LEs, a partial wall of built-in the the walk-out basement/family room with LEs, one full size cabinet also in the living room with LEs and a cabinet that hangs on a hallway wall that contains LLOMs. I still have a few LEs and LLOMs still in boxes.

My husband built all my cabinets.

Melody
Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200013 01/03/11 01:56 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Now that we have an easier way to upload and display photos, how about those who've posted here showing us the cabinets. They all sound interesting!

Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: wvlights0] #200015 01/03/11 03:39 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: wvlights0
Stan, ...so some of the rooms you have added onto your house are just to display Harbour Lights???
Phillygirl, I have one cabinet for LEs and a smaller one for Little Lights, but I am just a small collector. Even so, I am about to say "forget it" to saving the boxes.

I really can't say any of the rooms were built for my HL's, as most of the house was completed before I was a HL collector. But I have two large cabinets in the Gathering Room, one cabinet in the Dining Room, one in the Living Room, two in my office/media room, and one just added to an untitled room(room is currently being renovated). Pictures to come soon.

Last edited by Lighthouse Loon; 01/03/11 03:40 PM.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Lighthouse Loon] #200041 01/04/11 05:48 PM
P
Phillygirl Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Phew, reading this would have taken my breath away even IF I didn't presently have bronchitis! groupwave Cheers to all you cabinet freaks!

I had them on a two tier table, but last year it got full of the LLOM's so now most of them are on the ledges of the arches in my living room. (I live in a circa 1929 house with wide mouldings.) They're out of the way, and I can't see the dust! :)

Yes, the boxes are getting to be a pain, but if you ever want to sell them, they're worth far more with the original box, even the LLOMs.

Last edited by Phillygirl; 01/04/11 05:49 PM.

Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200064 01/06/11 01:12 AM
L
lgthouselady Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
I have seven cabinets full of mostly LEs, and the equivalent of another cabinet on a shelf in the Entertainment center and the bar over my kitchen sink, at least 6 ft long. That's not counting the ones sitting on top of these cabinets. Keeping boxes is a problem here in Arizona, because why keep them if they just become ruined in a hot garage, but so far I haven't thrown any away. So far, I haven't figured out what to do about the dust because it is very dusty out here in the desert. Yes, my cabinets are very interesting.

Kathleen

Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200065 01/06/11 08:25 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I have 7 curios in my "Lighthouse Room/Den", 1 curio in our front living room and 1 table top curio sitting on our wetbar in the great room. I display all 350+ lighthouses and only have the Barking Rock Lighthouse stored in the closet(TOO tall to display in curio). I have all of my Anchor Bays in glass cases sitting 2 high on top of my curios in my den. Of course, I also display my 75+ signed football mini helmets and my 20+ signed footballs in my den, so my wife refuses to dust that room and insists that I dust at least twice a week. I also store all my boxes in the garage inside of rubbermaid containers and haven't had any problem of deterioration in the hot Florida sun and humidity.

I keep telling my kids that when I die getting rid of my collections will be pay back for their teenage years that Amy and I went through.

Last edited by flacoastie; 01/06/11 08:26 AM.

Rich
Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: flacoastie] #200068 01/06/11 05:27 PM
P
Phillygirl Offline OP
OP Offline
P
My daughter already said she's going to have the biggest Lighthouse, Lenox and Christmas ornament yard sale in history when I go! :)

Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200116 01/08/11 09:03 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I quickly realized that there was going to be BIG display problem if I kept buying HL's so I decided my time had come to end this frenzy. Luckily I only ended up filling one room, 2 curios, 3 - 6' shelves, top of TV console and an old entertainment center after the dust settled.

I've been seriously considering boxing them all back up and storing them in the garage to regain some of the living space in the house.

Re: Where do you people display your LEs? [Re: Phillygirl] #200825 02/11/11 07:23 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Anybody wanting to get rid of their boxes, I have the perfect solution for you. Just pack the correct light in the box, and send it to me! I will even pay shipping! Seriously though, KEEP THE BOXES. It is very difficult, to nearly impossible (with some) to ship these lights w/o boxes and get them to their destination whole. While you may never imagine selling your collection, someday, someone might. I have over 500 Harbour Lights, and the boxes take up almost the whole 'guest' room. I can only display two cabinets full at this time, but will be moving in the near future. At that time, all my HLs will travel safe and sound in their own box.

Angels Gate

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,044 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users