cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouse Surprise! #19752 02/13/03 10:31 AM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, we went to the Cape on Sunday night to make hotel arrangements for our Lighthouse Cruise for next year. We made some great progress and secured some wonderful discount rates. But the best thing was when our hotel room phone rang! It was the Lighthouse Inn (West Dennis, used to be the Bass River Lighthouse) calling to invite us over for a private tour of the Inn and the lighthouse and tower! Well, I couldn't get there fast enough! We toured around the Inn which was filled with the most curious of nautical and lighthouse antiques. It was like a living museum! Plus we climbed the tiny ladder up to the light tower that overlooked an amazing view of Nantucket sound! We agreed to include them as a stop on our tour. This was such a surprise, I had no idea we would be doing this fun side trip! And plus right before we got on the highway we stopped at the Nobska Lighthouse, lit at night, and looked across the water to the Vineyard and saw Gay Head light and one of the Chops lit at night! What fun that was! I got my Cape Cod Lighthouse Fix! laugh laugh laugh

http://www.lighthouseinn.com/

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: Lighthouse Surprise! #19753 02/13/03 11:02 AM
P
plebetkin Offline
P
Sounds like you had a great time. It also sounds like the rally will be a tremendous time. My question is, do we have to book now, or can we late until later in the year? It's a long time off to make plans.

good friends mean good times
Re: Lighthouse Surprise! #19754 02/14/03 11:47 PM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
The reasons for the planning and registration ahead are many. I need to get a count of how many people are actually interested in going. I also need to order all of the plaques and t-shirts, too. In addition the hotels fill up quite freqently. In fact there is one hotel for that weekend in 2004 that is totally sold out and booked. I am trying my best to prepare ahead for the event so it runs as smooth as possible! smile

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: Lighthouse Surprise! #19755 02/15/03 11:19 AM
smcclure Offline
Is there a thread to this Rally somewhere on the Forum? I would love to do a Cape Cod Rally, if that's what this is and if anyone can join. Please let me know where to find the details of when, where, how much? Regards, Scott

Re: Lighthouse Surprise! #19756 02/15/03 12:38 PM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=000104

Please visit the above thread link for more information. We would love to have you join us! laugh

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,582 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users