Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mulkilteo Light #196696 08/23/09 12:54 AM
silverfox51 Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
The Official Collector's Guide says "No quantity is shown on the flag". Does that mean not edition quantity, or serial number? I have one with no numbers in the flag and figured it was a paint samnple. I just saw one on Ebay that has no numbers also and wonder if it is a paint sample or are both just regular issue.

Re: Mulkilteo Light #196697 08/23/09 04:52 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Flags for limited editions typically include the quantity to be made along with the 'edition number' -- what we refer to as the serial number.

So and LE Flag would say "#___ / 9,500" with the edition number hand printed.

Mukilteo was one of those PLANNED to be a "GLOW" and as such would not have an edition size. But after sculpting and before delivery to dealers, HL bowed to collectors and made it an LE. I believe Fire Island was similar.

If it did not have a hand written serial number it could be an oversight. There is a possibility it could be a paint sample, but very unlikely. It could also be that the hand-written number could have faded off - if the piece was displayed near a window.

Does the one you have have the regular suede-felt bottom or any special paper labels on the bottom?

For any given model, only two paint samples are made. One ships to the factory - and is retained there; the other is held by the company so when the APs come in, they can check the AP painting against the company's paint sample.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,208 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users