Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194840 11/04/07 01:44 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
We are pleased to announce that Harbour Lights has again agreed to make a limited edition lighthouse for exclusive sale through the Collector Forums.

This lighthouse will be a limited edition of Wisconsin Point, Wisconsin near the city of Duluth in Lake Superior.

Harry Hine created the following design for the limited edition of 500 pieces each hand numbered:

The approximate finished size will be 5" high by 5" in length.

The Work Team members, Harry Hine and Tony Constantino are unanimous in their praise for the selection and the design and are looking forward to a beautiful and accurate replica.

We also feel that this will be a quick sell-out based on the success of our 2006 Limited Edition of the Erie Land Light in Erie, Pennsylvania.

A price of $65 each for the Wisconsin Point Lighthouse has been set. This includes packaging and shipping to any location in the United States (or to England for our friend Margret).

Harry expects to have the wax model by the end of November and hopes to have a painted sample towards the end of December 2007.

We will begin taking orders on January 1, 2008. There will be no restrictions on who may order and how many may be ordered. We are requesting payment in full when the order is placed. We will make exception upon request for those who need to make the payment in two installments.

Because of the cost of credit card processing fees, we prefer that payment be made by personal check or money order. But we will again permit payment by card or PayPal.

Those who plan to order multiple copies of the Wisconsin Point lighthouse can take a discount of $5 on each of those they order over 1. ($65 for 1, $125 for 2, $185 for 3, etc.) To receive this multiple purchase discount, all must be ordered at one time and be pre-paid in full. If after placing your first order, you want to order additional ones, the additional ones will each be at the full price of $65.

Other ordering details will be spelled out when the ordering opportunity begins on January 1, 2008.

We are having the pieces double-boxed so that they will arrive in the US in a corregated shipping container and can be easily labeled and shipped.

As in 2006, at the end of the the first 90 days of ordering (March 31), we will assign the numbers of the editions in random sequence to those that have been pre-ordered. We will hold-back edition numbers 2 through 6 (5 pieces) to be used in future fund-raising efforts.

The #1 piece and those numbered from #7 to the total number of pieces pre-ordered through March 31 (+5) will be assigned to the buyer. WE WILL NOT ANNOUNCE WHO GOT WHICH PIECE. You will find out when you receive your piece(s).

For pieces ordered after March 31, 2008, those numbers will be assigned in numerical order based on the order date with the lowest numbers assigned first. The highest number (#500) will be pre-purchased by Dave Hannum.

None of the Work Team members will receive any special numbers or artists proofs. Their pieces will be assigned by the same luck of the draw.

We hope that those who purchased the Erie Land Light in 2006 found that this project was handled professionally and fairly and that we delivered a high quality, low edition unique Harbour Lights. We will do this again for 2008.

As in 2006, the majority of funds raised by this project will be used to assist individual lighthouses in their preservation efforts. Some of the funds will be used to support the ongoing Collector Forums. No individual will profit from this project.

We will not make a collector pin for 2008 as we did in 2006.

If you have a question on the project, processes or procedures, please post them here. If we have an answer now, we'll post it. If not, we'll retire to the private work team forum to discuss and arrive at a consensus and post it here.

The Wisconsin Point lighthouse is unique -- no other like it in the world. The half-circle ends, the stark white exterior and the red roof on this piece will make it a real eye-catcher in your Harbour Lights display.

The $65 price is among the lowest for a limited edition Harbour Lights of any edition size -- let alone an edition of just 500 pieces.

The cost of shipping is included in the price and there is no sales tax.

We do not yet have a firm delivery date. We believe it will arrive in the US in mid-summer 2008.

We'll post the photos of the wax model and the paint sample when we have them.

Paul will post some of his excellent photos of the real lighthouse for you to enjoy until we have the photos of the paint sample.

This was the lighthouse that received the highest number of first place votes when the poll was taken among Collector Forums members a few months ago.

The Work Team would like to thank Don Devine of Harbour Lights for agreeing to work with the Collector Forums on this project.

Thanks also to Tony Constantino and Harry Hine of Harbour Lights for their assistance in making this project happen.

For those who purchased the Erie Land Light we also say "Thanks" and for those members who have encouraged us to go forward with another Collector Forums Exclusive we appreciate your support.

For more information on this lighthouse, you can view it on Terry Pepper\'s Seeing The Light website

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194841 11/04/07 02:48 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194842 11/04/07 05:31 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks to the committee for there work on this. Another great addition to my collection. I will have to start saving my tip money.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194843 11/04/07 09:05 AM
buoyhunter_190 Offline
I agree! Great job and can't wait to see it in person! vhappy

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194844 11/04/07 11:06 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Another great exclusive light with a super low edition size! What could be better for our family of friends here at the Collector Forums!

I will order two when the time comes. One will be proudly displayed, while the other will be salted away for a future sale. By ordering two I get the second one at a discounted price plus double my chances of getting a low flag number. Plus no shipping charges or sales tax!

smile Bob smile

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194845 11/04/07 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A great looking piece. Thanks go to all involved for their efforts. Looking forward to ordering. Once again, a BIG THANKS.

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194846 11/04/07 11:53 AM
LightHog_dup1 Offline
Cheers vhappy

The procedure used to assign numbers for ELL was most equitible and I'm glad to see the same process continue.

Count on the LightHog for two. smile

-- AND thanks to Paul for the great photos.

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194847 11/04/07 12:00 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks for a unique choice of lighthouse for the 2008 Forum exclusive. I'll be ready to order my piece on Jan. 1. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen! waytogo

This is a twilight picture I took a few years ago of Wisconsin Point.

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194848 11/04/07 01:17 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
vhappy

Great choice !!! Can't wait to place my order !!!

groupwave

A big thanks to everyone involved !!! bow

And a very BIG THANKS to Harbour Lights. waytogo

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194849 11/04/07 02:42 PM
M
MICHMARINESURVEYOR Offline
M
The piece looks great!! Like some of you I will order two as well!

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194850 11/04/07 07:25 PM
R
rgurskey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
R
I'm glad I visited this lighthouse this past September. Foggy the first day, but sunny the second day. Unfortunately, all my photos are film with no electronic versions of them.

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194851 11/04/07 07:55 PM
fra02441 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I will buy 2 like last time. Cant wait. Are we going to get an email with details before January 1 or do we have to wait for the post?

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194852 11/04/07 08:41 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Yes, Fran. When we have everything all set and the order pages are ready I will send an email to all who ordered an ELL. Remember that you will have 90 days to get in on the initial number draw so everyone doesn't need to try to order between football games on New Years Day....

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194853 11/05/07 12:57 AM
M
MICHMARINESURVEYOR Offline
M
Ok, Im a new so I dont quite understand how this will work. The last post stated that an email will go out for orders, For those who purchased a ELL, Im lost.Will I recieve an email or did I have to alreay purchase something before hand.
Thanks Robert

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194854 11/05/07 01:05 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Robert, those that bought the ELL will get an email reminder that there will be a new exclusive available. You do not have to have purchased it to obtain a Wisconsin Point. You are already aware of what is happening, and will most likely keep an eye on things leading up to the start of order season. You (and others) will be welcome additions to the ranks of CF exclusive owners!

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194855 11/05/07 08:50 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
A hearty warm thanks to ALL who is making this 2nd Collectors Forum Exclusive possible!

Looking forward to 2008 and the Wisconsin Point Lighthouse. Any Wisconsin light is a welcome addition to my collection.

I hope this becomes a tradition and we can create a 3rd Collectors Forum Exclusive piece in a few years!! wink

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194856 11/05/07 09:00 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This seems like an appropriate time to again recognize those who have been members of the Work Team on this project:

Here's a list of our team members (In alphabetical order by last name -- yep I got to sit in the front of the class most often).

John Chidester (Webmaster)
Rich Felter (flacoastie)
Dave Hannum (Dave H)
Sandy Jennings (Sandy)
Daniel Kirsch (DANIEL)
Bob McKeon (Bob M)
Bob Ott (Bob Ott)
Cyndi Reeder (Cyndi)
Mike Walsh (CanaFan)

Credit should also be given to three of our Saints who participated in the discussions: Paul Brady, Sue LeFever and Sean Thompson.

We broke new ground in 2006 and we pretty much followed the same path for 2008.

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194857 11/05/07 09:01 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
CAVR - As long as we have a good response to the exclusive and sell out within a reasonable time period, I'm sure there will be a 3rd exclusive.

Rich
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194858 11/05/07 10:55 PM
W
WisKeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
W
Paul's photos were taken on the 2005 WILD Lake Superior Cruise.

WILD had a Wisconsin Point pin made if anyone is interested in getting one to go with their Collector Forums Exclusive.

Wisconsin Point Superior Entry Pin Size 1¼ inches x 1¼ inches $5.00 Plus $2.25 shipping and postage

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194859 11/06/07 04:51 PM
C
Catlite Offline
C
vhappy looking forward to it! This would be my 1st CF exclusive. waytogo

Cathy
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194860 11/06/07 04:59 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Interesting that the second collector forum exclusive is a Great Lakes Light.
Wasn't the frist one a Great Lakes Light?
Is this going to be a trend or are we likely to see CF exclusives from other parts of the country in the future?
HCS

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194861 11/06/07 05:51 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Interesting that the second collector forum exclusive is a Great Lakes Light.
Wasn't the frist one a Great Lakes Light?
Is this going to be a trend or are we likely to see CF exclusives from other parts of the country in the future?
This is what the forum members wanted. The Wisconsin Point won first place because that is what the forum members voted in. Harry and Tony worked real hard to present to us at an resonable price of what was requested. If they or Don said no or if the cost was going to be out of line we would have gone with the runner up.

This lighthouse is an example of all the team members, three saints and Harbour Lights working together to please the forums request.

DANIEL
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194862 11/06/07 06:00 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
HCS
I don't think the Great Lakes area has a monopoly on being selected as future choices for CF Exclusives(CFE). Many things were considered when the first and second CF Exclusives were chosen, none of which stated which region we should choose from. I don't recall anyone suggesting we avoid the Great Lakes Region because we already produced a CFE from that area.

First: there was participation by the members of the CF in making nominations on what they thought would be the best light for a CFE. Second: there was a vote of the CF membership to reduce the number of nominations to a workable amount to be considered by the Work Development Team (WDT). Third: then the WDT hashed it over, and over, and over again as to the redeeming qualities of the finalists. Fourth: Then the best of the best was presented to Harbour Lights for their ultimate approval. Make no mistake about it, there would be no 2nd CF Exclusive without the approval of the folks at Harbour Lights, and the willingness of Dave H. and John C. to carry the heavy burden beyond what was hashed out here at the CF.

Two CFE's, two Great Lake Lights was just a coincidence. As a matter of fact, I was kind of surprised when Harbour Lights agreed to do Wisconsin Point (WP). I thought they may want to save that one for a future release as a LE.

It's much too early to even think about a 3rd CFE, if in fact such a piece would be produced in the future at all. Our focus now is on getting the WP through the manufacturing process and sold to our fellow collectors where ever they may be. We are hoping the WP will sell out early, or should I say quicker than the ELL. The ultimate would be to have each and every piece pre-sold even before the product is ready to be shipped to our fellow collectors. We all know that won't happen because many speculators want to see the finished product before they commit to purchasing it.

I'm ordering two, how about you? It will only take 250 people ordering two to sell this rare HL out. Stranger things have happened in the history of collecting HL's.

Thank you for supporting this very worthwhile project!

smile Bob smile

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194863 11/06/07 06:03 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Yes, they are about 667 miles apart one on the West end of Lake Superior and one on the East end of Lake Erie ...

It probably will be safe to say that the 3rd Forum's lighthouse will be from another part of the country but then these two are really from two completely different parts of the country..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194864 11/06/07 06:15 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Paul is right

If you think about it, the only thing the two lighhouses have in common is that they are a great Lake light. Other than that, there is nothing the same. They are not even on the same lake. We have two very different lights.
One is on land the other is a pier light.
One is stone the other is metal
One is conical the other is a shape in all itself.

DANIEL
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194865 11/06/07 06:51 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sorry guys.
Did not mean to cause an uproar, it was just an observation!
And yes I plan to purchase one.
HCS

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194866 11/06/07 07:18 PM
RIP Puls Offline
Wacko
Wacko
A collector of Harbour Lights should not care
where the Light comes from.It's the low number
of the pieces made.
RIP

RIP
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194867 11/06/07 09:36 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I don't look at the Wisconin Point piece as just another from the Great Lakes. The Great Lakes is a very large area. I look at it as a Lake Superior light, and the first was a Lake Erie light. I would have thought different if say both lights were from Lake Erie. Same could be said if one light was from Maine and another from Long Island, NY. Would some say why are all the lights from the Northeast.

If more CF exclusives are done, and I hope they are. (Every two years would be great) I hope a different state is picked from all those that have lights, and I hope a different type/shape of lighthouse is picked. The ELL was a more traditional tower, and now the WP is ????...well very different. Maybe if there is a third it will be a circular shoal type.

I'm sure if Doubling Point, ME or Little Gull Island, NY don't become LE's in the next two year, they will be strongly considered for the third CF exclusive(if there is one).

Hey maybe in two years I'll be asked to be on the selection team. wink smile laugh

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194868 11/06/07 10:00 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I really don't care about the geography, because it's shaping up to be a stunning piece, and we will have only 500 of them for our own use.

To me, that's all that matters.

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194869 11/06/07 10:19 PM
beachcomber Offline
Couldn't resist plus it's been ages since I've looked at the forums much less posted. This is a terrific looking piece and the Work Team is to be commended for its excellent job. Need I say anything about Harry's fantastic work?! The man is a genius!!

Bob M., Paul, and Daniel, you couldn't have said it better! Great picture, Lorie - as usual! Thanks, everybody, for giving us another CF Exclusive - I will try to scrape up the money to buy two again. Retirement is swell but the earnings are slim. frown frown

beachcomber
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194870 11/07/07 02:48 AM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Who cares where it is from? If I couldn't have my stupid looking bottle light I'm glad Wisconsin Point was selected. It's a great light with a unique shape. Great job Work Team! I can't wait to order ours.
Judy

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194871 11/07/07 10:55 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Sorry guys.
Did not mean to cause an uproar, it was just an observation!
You did good HCS.
You asked the question that probably many were thinking
You also got many of forum people talking about the Wisconsin Point.

DANIEL
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194872 11/07/07 11:49 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Harbor Lights was actually presented with a list of 5 lights, with the knowledge that Wisconsin Point was the highest first place vote getter. H.L. could just as easily said no to this piece and picked another off the list. This was not only our choice, but theirs as well. I can only assume they wanted to keep the othes on the list for themselves.

Mike

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194873 11/07/07 11:51 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I agree with Daniel, the question got more views from some of the CF regulars.

You even got Grace to post for the first time in awhile. cool

It's good to see all defending the selection. It reassured that the team and Harbour Lights made the right choice. (not that any reassurance was needed)

waytogo

Stan M
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194874 11/07/07 03:26 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
A great job by the committee.

My wife and I really enjoyed our visit to Duluth and all the lighthouses there. Wisconsin Point was a great one to see. We may even go back this summer for another visit.

I can't wait to order two in January.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194875 11/07/07 03:51 PM
5lights Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I agree with the majority also. We were graciously allowed to vote for our favorite, but ultimately it was Harbour Lights choice.
I am glad to see my favorite was picked...it has been on my wish list for some time.
BUT, I would have been happy with any light from anywhere. Exclusive to us first, unique, small edition size, lower numbers, and great price!!!
Thanks again to the committee for a super job!
Look forward to the preview photos and to January when I place my order.

Debbie
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194876 11/07/07 04:11 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I intend to order two -- one for me and one for my brother.

bobo

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194877 11/07/07 04:59 PM
TD Offline
This is an outstanding choice. I have been to this light many times and it has never disappointed me with its unique style. I haven't posted in a long time but I am very glad to see Harbour Lights do this one for the forum members.

Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194878 11/15/07 12:02 AM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I am glad that there is another CF Exclusive coming out. And I think that Wisconsin Point is going to look fantastic. Can't wait until January so I can place my order.

Cyndi
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194879 11/15/07 05:23 PM
BeaconBob Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I think that it was a very good choice! I will be ordering mine as soon as we are allowed to! It's nice to have a "special" piece that only the CF can offer...feels like a sort of "family piece"...if you know what I mean?!!!

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: The Collector Forums' Exclusive HL For 2008 #194880 11/15/07 07:07 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Just got the photos of the wax model from Harry and will post them shortly in a new thread. Please review and post your comments through Sunday night. Harry would like to get the OK from the Team by Monday.

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=51&t=000029#000000

Closing this thread. Click above link to view the continued discussion on this piece.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,012 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users