Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194730 12/29/08 01:54 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The reason that I am posting this is to let everyone know where we stand at this time on the sale of the Wisconsin Point Exclusive. We are not close to a sell out at this time and without a complete sellout both the Forums financial support and lighthouse preservation donations will suffer. I realize that times are hard and money is at a premium. The sales on our exclusive are suffering because of the hard times and the loss of members that are no longer collecting Harbour Light products. We could not foresee this happening at the time we decided to go with a second exclusive, but, now we have our second exclusive and we would like to sell out our remaining pieces. I would like to encourage our existing members and non-members that read the Forums to give up a night out at the movies or a dinner out and consider buying your first, second, third or more Wisconsin Point Lighthouse. I realize that all you need is one to display, but, give the extra pieces that you buy as a belated Christmas gift, a birthday gift, an anniversary gift or a gift to that person that enjoys lighthouses and hasn't yet become "hooked" on Harbour Lights. You could be the one that hooks him/her on collecting Harbour Lights for the rest of their lives.

There have been questions concerning whether we will have a 3rd exclusive. At this time we can not even think about another exclusive until this one is sold out, so for those of you that want the 3rd exclusive, the answer is no at this time. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this topic.

Read all about what you need to know, how to order and how to send your money by clicking this link http://www.lighthouse-events.com/forums/ .

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194731 12/29/08 11:21 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Very interesting that we have not received one comment from our normal posters since 1030 this morning. I will go on record to say that even though I am not particularly enthused with pier head lights, I will do my part and buy a 3rd Wisconsin Point. Are there going to be any others that want to stand up and be counted?

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194732 12/30/08 02:44 AM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I was thinking of getting a HL to give my sister when we go to Heceta in Feb.and was wondering which one she would like. I'll tell her how unique WP is and where the money is going. Put me down for a second one, but I'm going to wait until next week, need to give the bank account a. little breather.

Laura
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194733 12/31/08 10:15 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I just sit back here in total amazement that only one person (thank you Laura) has stood up and and committed to buying another WP to help support the Forums. When I first came up with the idea of an open appeal I was told that the majority of the posting members would not respond to this plea. I figured that the non-members might not respond, but, me of high hope and team playing responded with "I betcha they will when they hear of what the ramifications will be if we don't sell out. We're a team and we have to play or sink on our own". Now, here it is 2 1/2 days later and not one member has uttered a "yes I'll help" except Laura.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194734 12/31/08 10:25 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Rich,

Could the remaining WP's be put into a store for sale to non-forum collectors? Maybe Terry at the Bronze Lady or Roland at The Cape Cod Store would be willing to take on some of them.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194735 12/31/08 10:28 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I just bought my second one. I may buy a third sometime after I get past my holiday bills.

I should have bought two initially, but thought my finances would get better as the year went on, NOT. To me the WP piece is worth $130, so for me it was like getting a second one for free. I can keep it or gift it to someone.

As for if there will be another CF exclusive, my thoughts are maybe a year after this one sells out. So if we want to see another one, we need to get these sold first.

I know the economy is a big reason for the slow sales, but think we should research the next one a little longer. I love the WP piece, but maybe too many of the everyday posters jumped to quickly on the selection. Maybe a Gulf Coast, Mid-Atlantic, or Maine light would attract more sales next time.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194736 12/31/08 11:13 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Stephanie - We have tried the dealer routine and they have all said that they were interested but did not want to put out money on another HL product that would sit on the shelf. Several of the dealers have posted on their websites to help us and they ask the buyer to just contact us. This has resulted in several sales but not enough to really help us out.

Loon - The chances of a 3rd exclusive, after the experience of this one, I feel is an impossibility at this time. To even think about or suggest a 3rd exclusive at this time in a year or two is an impossibility with our funding/preservation profits sitting in a garage. We've not had the support on this one that we felt we would have(economy, jobs, lack of interests). We are fortunate that Dave has been kind enough to store them in his garage for 3/4 of a year. Just to give you a quick backround on the funding for the Forums, we used to ask for $25.00 donations from the active members and for this donation we sent them a reproduced copy of an original picture that some of the members photographed. The idea for an exclusive was Bob M's idea that instead of a picture we would sell an exclusive. From that sale we would donate to lighthouses/fund the Forums. It worked well for the ELL but we are not having any kind of luck with the WP.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194737 01/01/09 12:13 AM
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Our part with the CF exclusive was made in the beginning, when we purchased four editions of this beautiful lighthouse.

Instead of sounding negative in regards to the sale of this CF exclusive lighthouse, or the lack of sales, try to think positive, have faith, and speak highly of this exclusive!

Think positive!!!! wink

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194738 01/01/09 01:56 AM
sandy Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bright Eyes,

Thank you for posting. Your "take" on this is exactly how it should be handled.

Sandy

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194739 01/01/09 03:42 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Bright Eyes - Thank you! You have certainly done your part to support lighthouses and the Forums. The piece certainly is highly detailed and in great colors. This is why it is so surprising that we have any left.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194740 01/01/09 01:08 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rich and Dave,
I'd certainly like to help out if I can. If you'd like to contact me at your convenience, perhaps we can come up with some ideas.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194741 01/01/09 04:35 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Roland - Dave will be the one contacting you very shortly, I'm sure. He is the dollar and cents man. Thank for your wanting to help.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194742 01/01/09 05:37 PM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
WP is a beautiful piece and I have faith that the economy will get better and we will be able to sell all of them. I have bought two and hoping my husband won't kill me if I buy another.

Cyndi
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194743 01/01/09 05:46 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
It surly would be appreciated. Tell your husband that an old retired Coastie was to blame.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194744 01/03/09 12:01 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm bringing this back to the top so those of you that have been caught up in the Holiday Spirit and have finally had a chance to sit back and relax can see where we're at with our Exclusive sales.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194745 01/06/09 06:20 PM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rich, just sent my order in to Dave. Hope you didn't give them ALL to Roland. laugh
This will make a great present to my sister on our trip. (One month to Heceta!) She brings me things like a lighthouse quilted wall hanging. I will never catch up with her, but this will help.

Laura
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194746 01/06/09 07:55 PM
5lights Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Is the forums the only place that Wisconsin Point is offered for sale?
Maybe if it was posted on Harbour Lights website it would help?
Not everyone that collects knows about the forums.
Just a thought...

Debbie
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194747 01/06/09 10:39 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks for your order Laura. Every sale helps.

Debbie - We have sent letters to dealers all over the US, but, especially concentrated in the Great Lakes area. Several dealers have advertised them on their website and HLs has sent information out to their customers. We are the exclusive for the WP but will accept orders from anyone. The lighthouse clubs have also been informed on how to buy the WP.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194748 01/07/09 12:34 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
It is on the Harbour Light website.

WP on Harbour Light Website

DANIEL
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194749 01/07/09 02:13 PM
5lights Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thank you for the info Rich, alot more promotion than I realized.
The economy sure doesn't help!
Thank you Daniel...I couldn't find it when I looked.

Debbie
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194750 01/09/09 10:18 AM
C
Cuckolds Offline
C
It just shocks me that only 15% of the Forum members have purchased a Wisconsin Point. To me the Forums is worth more than $65.00 a year for all the information and contacts you can make on this website. I for one would be willing to belong to the Forums for $65.00 a year with out receiving anything. The exclusive should be the first light we collectors purchase in any year it is available.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194751 01/09/09 11:55 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It has surprised me that sales of the WP aren't better. I know most of the focus is on the economy affecting sales, but it can't be just the economy. The Erie Land piece sold out and the economy wasn't good two years ago. I know it has gotten worse.

I think it's partly economics, but also maybe picking another Great Lakes light caused some to pass.

It could also be that many might feel the size of the piece is too small for the price. The Wisconsin Point is NOT LLOM size, it's over 5 inches tall and over 5 inches in length. Well worth the $65.

I know we can't think about a third CFE until this one sells out, but we shouldn't be discouraged to think there won't be another one in two or three years.

If its the economy, location, misunderstading the size, or a combination of the those three reasons, those things will or can be changed.

I have faith that the WP will start selling better this year and believe we will see another CFE.

Maybe those that didn't buy the WP piece or haven't bought it yet could tell us why. It would be useful info toward future exclusives.

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194752 01/09/09 12:51 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Those that chose not to buy, for whatever reason, would probably decide not to tell and it is their right to be private about it.

If you remember, the piece was chosen by the forum members this time and not the committee as with the ELL. The ELL was special in that it was our first exclusive, had many special details(removeable flagpole, architectual dig, etc.)with it whereas a pier light is limited in it's surroundings. Harry did a fantastic job on detailing the WP with it being more highly details then the ELL and the most popular color(white and red). The flag is also the first for Harbour Lights. To have metal railing on a piece that sells for only $65 was also a nice detail.

I truly think that members will be sorry that they didn't invest in buying at least one piece and will regret at a later date not investing in a second or third piece for trading purposes. I know when the ELL came out, and being from my hometown of Erie, PA, I bought 5 of them over a 6 month period. I now have 2 left and sold/traded the other 3 pieces for a nice profit. I have bought 2 of the WP so far(have one with the blue water and the other with green water/lightning rod) and have them displayed next to each other. I'm buying a third piece for investment purposes as soon as I get the money order.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194753 01/09/09 02:28 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Maybe a reason they have not sold as well as last time is because each person is not buying the number of lights they did last time. Rich I see you bought 5 and I also bought 5. Right there between the two of us we took a nice chunk of inventory. This time around I feel people are not doing this. They may be buying but only one this time.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194754 01/09/09 05:25 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
That's was a nice chunk of the inventory between the 2 of us on the ELL. I know I was able to trade one of my ELLs for a nice piece (artist proof) of Cape Lookout that I was interested in at the time. I have now decided to get rid of this AP since I decided that getting artist proofs was too expensive for my budget. But at the time it was a good trade and one that I'm not sorry I did.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194755 01/10/09 10:40 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I have now decided to get rid of this AP since I decided that getting artist proofs was too expensive for my budget.
Remember how sought after and expensive AP's used to be. You don't hear much about them now. I don't know what happend. At one time most everyone wanted at least one AP in their collection. Now people have lost interest in AP's. Was it the FC? Could it be people would much rather have a single-digit flag# than an AP?
Maybe it's because the number of serious HL Collectors has dwindled via a bad economy and attrition. It seemed to start about eight years or so ago. So far, the "jump start" hasn't happend to collectibles. The real question is will it ever.

Bob

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194756 01/10/09 11:47 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
It probably will never go back to the glory days because there is such an unsurmountable mountain to climb for new collectors starting off now to get them all.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194757 01/10/09 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe only 15% of this Forum's membership purchased a Wisconsin Point. I've a blue and a green water version and if Rich would make a brown water, well ....not really. I'm sure there are many valid reasons for not purchasing the WP, but the most important reason is to keep this forum going. I sometimes feel that a few are doing for many. If that upsets people who read this post, it was meant to. This could be your most important purchase of the New Year.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194758 01/18/09 12:01 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I am resurfacing this topic in the hopes that some of our members that have not purchased a WP will have a change of heart and help support the Forums. If you do not collect HLs or simply didn't want to buy the piece, you can purchase and give it to a friend or relative for a gift. Remember, you are reading these Forums because they are funded by the sale of the exclusives.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194759 01/19/09 10:28 PM
C
Cuckolds Offline
C
I wish that all members would read all the comments about the Wisconsin Point. A few members have worked to bring us this exclusive and to fund the Forums and help in preservation of lighthouses, and a couple of members have spent countless hours on this project, including the free storage of the lights, shipping and handling each order. They have done it without fanfare and without any benefit to themselves. If just 25% of the Forum members had a made a single puchase of the Wisconsin Point, they would all be sold out. And than we would hear about another exclusive just for us. I guess that just is not important to most members. As a group we should be ashame of our lack of interest. I feel that buying one of these is a priviledge. I feel that it is my dues I owe the Forums.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194760 01/20/09 12:30 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Cuckolds - Congratulations on your 50th post and attaining Wacko status and you couldn't have chosen a better topic and post to make Wacko on! Now all you have to do is pick out your Avatar.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194761 01/20/09 01:14 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Congrats Cuckolds on officially becoming a Wacko.

Alot of posts lately about the cost to run this website. Seems like many are freeloaders. They like the info but figure someone else can pay for it.

Maybe the CF should become a restricted site. For $65 you get access for 2 or 3 years and with paid membership you get a nice Harbour Lights Limited Edition. Currently the Wisconsin Point!!!

Don't blast me for my suggestion. I'm just thinking outside the box. laugh

Stan M
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194762 01/20/09 03:30 PM
C
Cuckolds Offline
C
I agree with you 125% on your post. No different than the Harbour Lights Collectors Membership. A fee of $65 for 2 years and an exclusive light would be two bargains and a half. It would make this site a serious collectors site too..... I like your thinking outside of the box.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194763 01/20/09 06:51 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Soooooo.... I am good for 4 years then?

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194764 01/20/09 07:33 PM
C
Cuckolds Offline
C
Christopher....That and the stock market rallying today with the new President, have the same chance.....

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194765 02/16/09 03:29 PM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rich, I think I got you another sale of at least one. My sister and I found the Harbour Lights dealer at Reedsport, and when I called her into the room filled with Harbour Lights (including a Coquille and may other rare models) she says "are these like the one you gave me...Wisconsin Point?" Well, it seemed to bother the owner that she had one that he didn't. He said he would call Tony and get it.
PS- I have an Old Minots coming from him, and got the Southern Belles spyglass set. He commented that the longer he kept us talking the more we bought. Fun guy with great stories.

Laura
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194766 02/16/09 10:36 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks for taking the time to get a potential sale. Hopefully Tony will give him the information to call Dave to order one.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194767 02/17/09 08:34 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The econmony has to be part of it. I am now making half of what I was when we made the first exclusive. At that time I bought 5, this time I felt I could only afford 2 (especially if things get worse before they get better, as to re-sell them might be difficult since they are still available).

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194768 03/13/09 03:01 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I feel that a dealer and fellow forum member deserves a big pat on the back for something that he has done in order to help the forums with our Wisconsin Point Forum Exclusive Lighthouse sales.

Roland Babineau has added several closeup images that I shot of the Wisconsin Point Lighthouse HL653 and a link to the forums order thread for the lighthouse. The sales of the lighthouse as many of you know go to the operation of the Forums and also to restoration of lighthouses.

Roland has spent time and energy in doing this which I understand will help in traffic on his website but ultimately helps in keeping the Forums operating for you and me.

The following is a link to his websites Harbour Lights page, which normally would need to be posted only in the Dealers forum according to our rules but I think can be overlooked on this occasion.

Cape Cod Harbour Lights

HL653 Wisconsin Point Lighthouse Order Page

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194769 03/13/09 03:14 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Roland - I again thank you for your time and trouble that you have taken to help promote the sale o0f our exclusive. Maybe with your help, and the help from another member that wishes to remain anonoymous, we will eventually have a sell out of our exclusive.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194770 03/13/09 09:25 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thank you, but all of this fanfare really isn't necessary. As a member of these forums, I've received much good information which has helped to increase my knowledge of the line. I'm sure most of you don't realize just how helpful you've been. It is just my way of helping to keep these forums alive, so others can benefit from the knowledge and camaraderie expressed here as the current members have.
Perhaps it may help just a little in bringing traffic to our site, but its main purpose is to direct more collectors toward these forums.
It's another step in the relationship between dealer and collector which we as retailers understand, as too many other dealers don't (and I'm not just talking Harbour Lights here, either). The more a customer/collector knows about a product, then the more likely he/she is to purchase that product. If I can take the time and educate my customers about Harbour Lights, then the more likely they will be to trust me, which in turn makes them more comfortable in purchasing from me. That is why these forums are important to me, as they should be to every Harbour Lights retailer. It really boggles my mind when I've spoken to other HL retailers about posting on the forums, and they couldn't care less. Somehow, they miss the most important partnership there is in business, the one between retailer and customer.
So to the props that Paul and Rich have passed on, I can only say I'm just doing my duty as a member of these forums. It's what's best for all of us.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194771 03/14/09 12:09 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Well, Roland, I do agree with Paul that you have done a very nice thing with your adding the WP to your site. Even those who already have one may be interested in visiting Roland's WP page to browse all the close up shots that he has made available.

Thanks, Roland and other collectors and dealers who have come forward to help with sales. Cape Annies also has the WP listed on their web page, and Bronze Lady has made the piece available. All three of these dealers have earned great reputations for customer service, and I do appreciate these expressions of support for this collector driven web site.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194772 03/14/09 02:29 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Dave,

How many WP's are left unsold at this time?

Stephanie

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194773 03/14/09 10:31 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I also would like to give my thanks to Roland for putting all that effort in promoting the WP on his site. I agree with Dave, even if you have already bought the WP you will want to see his site and see all the detail shots. Most of us can’t see that close and these pictures are probably showing us more than we can see on the actual WP.

Also thanks to Cape Annies for listing the WP on their web page, and to the Bronze Lady for making it available. (And any other dealer that has helped) If you are a dealer and have made the WP available, email me your dealers name and I will put it on this list.

I know I must sound like a broken record but I feel that any dealer that helps us with the WP should get a lot of recognition.

DANIEL
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194774 03/15/09 07:49 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Kudos to those dealers that help the cause! This can only bring good things by helping to keep the HL Collector Family together, and may promote enough good will to bring new collectors into the fold.

Too many "old-timers" are falling by the wayside due to retirement, downsizing, lack of space, and living on a fixed income in a bad economy. Whatever a dealer can do to inspire people to become collectors is of the utmost importance to the survival of the line.

smile Bob

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194775 03/15/09 01:44 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I think its great the effort Roland is doing for the WP piece.

Goes to show HL sales don't run on auto-pilot. We all should think of ways to get the word out. Every little bit helps, and we will all benefit.

Stan M
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194776 03/19/09 03:23 PM
C
ctlights Offline
C
I think it is fair to ask for support of the collector's forum. It seems to be the only place where you can get advance info. on upcoming releases. Asking for donations or setting a reasonable annual fee to view the site is fair.
As far as purchasing the collector's forum exclusive, we all buy we we want. I have 4 curios jammed packed and 20 more lighthouses in boxes in a closet. Personally, I don't want the Wisconsin piece but if you made the New Haven Five Mile Point lighthouse I would have bought one for myself and 3 or 4 as gifts. Same goes for Watch Hill, RI I think it is unfair to put a guilt trip on people who haven't supported the exclusive piece. Next time, if there is one... ask for pre-orders to determine whether it is feasible to offer this..

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194777 03/19/09 06:13 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I don't think anybody is meaning to lay a guilt trip on anybody, I know for sure that I am not. There is a minimum amount that need to be made in order to have one produced by Harbour Lights and the Wisconsin Point was chosen by Forum members in a vote. I think people are just trying to find the people that might want one that haven't been reached so far.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194778 03/19/09 08:15 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
ctlights - I can understand your problem with 4 jammed curios. I have 7 large curios and 2 smaller curios. They are all jammed and I'm constantly rearranging just to fit new issues in them. I calculate 1 1/2 more years and I will be totally full. My interests in lighthouses will not change and I will continue to support the Forums. If you remember, we started supporting the Forums by simply a donation, then we sold pictures for several years and then came the Erie Land Light Exclusive, now the WP Exclusive.

You will never please everyone on what lighthouse to pick as the ELL was picked by the Exclusive Committee and everyone wanted the next one to be picked by the Forum Members. This happened with a vote taking place by the members. To have people responding to a preorder for the next exclusive would only have a delay on having the order placed. Everyone has their own ideas on what area, what lighthouse, what price range, etc. would be best so that idea probably wouldn't work.

Since you don't have the room, or don't really care for the WP, I would like to make a suggestion. Either make a monetary donation for funding the Forums to Dave or buy a WP and donate it to a school of your choice or other worthy charity for them to use in fund raising. We have tried to make all aware on what might happen if we can't sell out the WP, but, we can't make members buy it and we basically have tried to stop talking about the WP to existing members.

The fact that several of our member "dealers" have volunteered to try and help us sell out the WP is a tribute to these dealers as they realize how valuable, as you do, the Forums are. We have also had numerous members buy two or more pieces while the majority of our members have bought at least one piece. One of our members, that wants to remain anonoymous has bought 8+ pieces. They all realize what could happen if we cannot continue to fund the Forums.

I hope this explains a little on where we are at, where we are going and what will happen if we can't sell out the WP. A guilt trip is not what we are trying to lay on members. We are just trying to let everyone know the ramifications if we can't sell out the WP and not have them say "why didn't you let us know what would happen".

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194779 03/19/09 10:08 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I have been playing around with an idea. Wasn’t to sure how to make it work but except for the honor system. What if members could donate to a WP fund say from $5 to $10 or even more. Then if anyone wanted one that couldn’t afford it or if anyone knew someone that would like one but just can’t lay out the money then one could be sent to them as long as the funds aloud. Or if not a person maybe a special organization or a lighthouse museum for a raffle.

Our administrator assistant was taken to jail today for a charity fund raising. We had to raise $3,200 to get her out of jail. We did it and it made me think how if we all pitch in together on the forum with something like this we could get the WP out of the way and move to something else.

We donate small amounts that could add up to large amounts and them give some of the WP's away.

DANIEL
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194780 03/19/09 10:20 PM
C
ctlights Offline
C
I think the idea of financially supporting the website is a good idea.
I guess many of us do not realize that there is a cost involved in maintaining this site. Perhaps there have been a few committed individuals who have contributed financially, beyond the time it takes to keep the website going. Where can contributions be sent and payable to whom or what?

It would be good to know a general idea of how much it costs to maintain this site and how it has been supported.....

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194781 03/20/09 12:22 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The funding for this website is not for me to say. John/Dave would have the exact figures and they may or may not want to elaborate on the cost for many reasons. I can tell you that should you want to make a donation, instead of buying a WP, email Dave and ask him if this is possible.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194782 03/20/09 11:29 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Is the forums worth $21.67 a year to you? If you bought the WP piece last year, you have done your share of funding the CF for 2008, 2009, & 2010. Assuming a CF exclusive every three years.

The earliest time frame for the next CF exclusive will be probably be 2011(if ever). Might be New Haven or Watch Hill, makes sense to pick an Atlantic coast light next, we've had two Great Lakes already.

My post is not to put guilt on anyone, just to get as much support for the WP so we can keep having CF exclusives about every three years.
If we can keep have these exclusives, sooner or later it's going to be a light close to us all.

A possible solution to move some of the WP's still in stock: Offer a $5 chance raffle. Once you have 13 chances bought, pick a name out of a hat. Might sell a few!

Stan M
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194783 03/20/09 11:43 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Besides a raffle.
Here is another idea. Members can pay to have the ones left smashed. This will make the ones we have more rare and valuable. We could each start out with donations and every time we reach $65, one WP could be smashed. Maybe the smashing could be done at an event. As we smash thru them we would have more collectors buying up what’s left for an investment.

DANIEL
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194784 03/20/09 04:25 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Smashing them..... now there's an interesting thought!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194785 03/20/09 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far this year we've taken the The Founder's Collection to the dump and now we're going to smash the CF exclusive. I guess we truely have become a throw-away society.

How about sending them to AIG for paper weights?

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194786 04/10/09 10:38 AM
T
The Bronze Lady Orlando Offline
T
I'm on a marketing "roll" this morning since I don't have any business to attend to. Can you tell me how many of these WP are left? You can answer via direct email if you'd like. I have some thoughts but need to know what volume I'm looking at first.

Terry
The Bronze Lady of Orlando

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194787 04/10/09 11:24 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I dropped you an email Terry, I appreciate your offer assisting us on some of the remaining lighthouses.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194788 04/10/09 03:29 PM
B
Bronze Lady Offline
Dealer
Dealer
B
No email received. But I talked to Rich and think all questions answered.

Terry

Terry
The Bronze Lady of Orlando
www.bronzelady.com
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194789 04/10/09 03:39 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I went to your website and clicked on Email Terry and it didn't bounce back.. You might want to check that email link. It's right above:

Come Meet Bill Younger

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194790 05/18/09 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Wisconsin Point sales ? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194791 05/19/09 10:16 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
We have a enough left that if you want some extra pieces we can sell them to you. I don't know the exact figure.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194792 05/19/09 10:56 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
If you look at forum members as investors instead of customers, how are the the WP sales?

Stan M
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194793 05/19/09 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 2. A blue and a green water. Unless the water parts, I don't need a third.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194794 05/19/09 04:03 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
wickywacky - I also have 2 of them(blue & green water) and since I did the green water for you I figured you had at least 2 of them. I just gave you the info that I have since no one else answered you.

Loon - If you want the information on how many are left, I suggest you email Dave since he is the one with them stored in his garage and I'm sure he has a figure for you. I just don't have a number that are left except we have plenty left to sell(and that is as an investor and not a customer).

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194795 05/19/09 07:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only jesting Rich. Had hoped to get others to take a look at this topic and possible buy one. Find it difficult to believe that some members of this forum choose not to buy, especially when it supports the website. However, should you figure-out how to part the waters I'd buy a third.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194796 05/19/09 08:16 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I think you will find that several of us faithful forum members have bought more than one. I have two also. And I'm sure that there are a few here who may have bought 3 or more? (Just speculating about that)

Stephanie

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194797 05/19/09 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW!!!!!!!!! Six responses to a topic that has to be kept in the front. Some members always take everything personally.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194798 05/19/09 09:46 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
As Joe Friday used to say "Just give me the facts".

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194799 05/19/09 10:36 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have two and may buy a third over the summer.

Not interested in one with the water parting, but maybe red water as in a red tide or black water as in an oil tanker oil slick. wink

Stan M
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194800 05/19/09 11:36 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
As HL always did with their sales figures, the number sold will be released when the WP sells out or we bury the remainder. Sorry. While it is frustrating to those who like to know all that is going on with each piece, it just isn't going to happen in the forseeable future.

There are plenty to go around for those interested. Trust me, I do appreciate each and every person who has purchased one of these great pieces, and especially appreciate those who have purchased more than one. (I think I speak for everyone connected with the project when I say that.) Even with my new schedule (much less free time), I get WPs into the mail within a day or so of receiving payment. So, feel free to order away - the link below will take you to the page.

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194801 07/05/09 10:16 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm still willing to create a "Green Water" version for any collector that wants one free of charge except for the shipping. Dave can ship direct to me and all you pay is the $8.00 shipping (includes insurance) from me to you.

Loon - I can also create a "red tide" or a "black oil slick" version especially for you at no additional charge. Only kidding Loon!

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194802 11/18/09 08:18 PM
A
Augie Custodian Offline
A
Is this piece sold out or is it still available? I have only recently joined the Forum and am interested in purchasing a Wisconsin Point if one is available. Many thanks!

Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194803 11/18/09 10:55 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This piece is still available and can be ordered from Dave Hannum at: forums-hl-project@sbcglobal.net. The price is $65.00 and that includes shipping. Usually take 3-5 days after payment is received. The normal link to order this piece from is down and has yet to be repaired. Eventually it will be repaired by John/Server people when they find the problem. Until then just email Dave direct and he will handle you. All of the pieces remaining have been stored at Dave's since they first came in and he has handled all of the shipping since the beginning.

edited to correct email address to use.

Rich
Re: Wisconsin Point Sales Appeal #194804 11/18/09 10:59 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
If you feel more comfortable ordering it online, you can also do it here.
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbour_lights/le_wisconsin_point.html

Roland Babineau
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users