Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194216 01/03/07 07:06 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Anyone have any info on if there's going to be a 2007 Collector Forums exclusive lighthouse?

When was last years announced?

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194217 01/03/07 09:01 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Well it's a secret, so don't tell anybody. The straight skinny is nothing is in the planning stages or would it be until Harbour Lights was approached and would express an interest in accommodating another CF Exclusive. We musn't put the cart before the horse.

eek Agent 99 eek

Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194218 01/03/07 09:22 PM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I would really like to see another one. I love last years.

Cyndi
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194219 01/03/07 11:03 PM
BeaconBob Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'd be all for another one! I love the ELL as well!

Although I did manage to get the ELL as I was just a beginner HL collector at the time I bought mine...can someone explain how the ELL came to be?

What did a few people do to get HL to first hear the want and how was it selected and by whom and what was the process?

I know that Dave was involved (alot) as he is how I found out about the ELL in the first place!

Who would have to get involved? Tony? Bill and Nancy?

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194220 01/04/07 12:46 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I just checked the HL website. Last years was introduced in May.

I to would be very interested in how the first CF exclusive came to be. (hint) wink

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194221 01/04/07 03:57 PM
kikigl Offline
How was that specific lighthouse picked?
It would be nice (if they do one for this year) if we could all be involved in the process of
picking the "one" do be made.

Kay
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194222 01/04/07 08:49 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well Kay, we did get to nominate. Also being the first one, I know the committee wanted it to be a success, so they picked one with broad appeal and one that Harbour Lights did not plan to make as a limited edition.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194223 01/05/07 11:23 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Don't lose sight of the fact that nothing will happen without Harbour Lights approval. The next biggest consideration is Dave H.. He shouldered the majority of the burden on the ELL with John C. right behind him helping with the work load.

Hundreds of hours were spent by the rest of the committe but only typing away at the computer in think-tank sessions.

I would love to see another CF Exclusive for the purpose of supporting the CF which we all use. It is a great way to finance our obligation to pay for this place that we basically all enjoy for free.

My prediction? I would guess that there may be some planning in 2007, but I doubt anything will be released before 2008. Continued expressions of interest in such a project will only enhance the possibility of it becoming a reality in the future.

smile Bob smile

Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194224 01/05/07 12:09 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I'm really hoping theirs a 2007 CF exclusive. Since the 2006 was such a great success, I'm hoping it becomes an annual release.

If buttering up Dave and John make it more likely, here goes....

bow Dave H. - bow

bow John C. - bow

bow Anyone else who made it happen - bow

If there is one, my hope it's an east coast lighthouse. The 2007's are a little light on them.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget Harbour Lights... bow

Stan M
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194225 01/05/07 01:22 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Those interested in some of the history of this project can simply expand the "display topics" selection in this forum to "show all" and you can browse thru the old threads.

In a nutshell, BobM made a suggestion somewhere that it would be cool to have a HL made exclusively for CF members. People began discussing the idea and behind the scenes a committee was established to look into things.

Once HL said they would do a piece, nominations were taken from forum members. Members did not get to vote on the specific light to be made because of the need to (a) get HLs concurrence on the light to be produced (b) choosing a light that could be done in the size that we wanted and look good and, (c) a light that could be produced at a price we could afford. Using these criteria we did choose from the lights proposed by the members.

Doing this once a year really isn't practical for a volunteer group. Lots of issues involved, available time being a significant one. Every couple of years is more along what could be done practically. A major issue has been, in all honesty, that CF members accounted for probably only about 60-70% of sales. Mentions in the Legacy and in a Lighthouse Depot mailing are really what sold the rest. Not that this is a bad thing, but it would shape how we approach things in future efforts. I do believe that the ELL is one of the nicest lights in recent history - lots of detail and innovations on a piece with an ideal footprint (IMHO). I think Harry did a magnificent job adding touches to our piece and that we all really appreciate that. Those that don't have one in their collection really missed out on a wonderful HL.

The chore that must now be tackled is sharing some of the proceeds with preservation projects. I will make a separate post about how we are going to approach that, please DO NOT post any suggestions in this thread.

Thanks for the compliments. We wouldn't have done this if we didn't feel it was a worthwhile project. BTW, Loon, using emoticons is not the way to "butter me up" - if I had my way, they would all be banned from the CF (yes, Sue, even the beer ones).

Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194226 01/05/07 02:47 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:

BTW, Loon, using emoticons is not the way to "butter me up" - if I had my way, they would all be banned from the CF (yes, Sue, even the beer ones).
Dave,

I'm with you on this- especially the new moving ones. I've always disliked them. I'm not really sure why, though.

I don't mind one or two well placed emoticons to convey your meaning but more than that is usually just to much IMHO.

Also- I'm not surprised at your response on the CF Exclusive since this is what was basically said at the very beginning.

Dennis

Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194227 01/05/07 03:06 PM
BeaconBob Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm with you, Dave on the emotion-cons. Some of the forums that I belong to limit them to like 2 or 3 max on one post/reply.

BTW...I wasn't around when this was decided on but I applaud the efforts and I support the fact that proceeds will go to preservation!!!
AMEN to that! That was a primary reason I went with HL Collectibles in the first place. I felt it was a win-win by also helping to preserve lighthouses (I think I read that about HL that some of their proceeds go to preservation)while feeding my collective fancy too!

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194228 01/05/07 04:57 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Half of our net proceeds will be funding the Collector Forums server rental. About half will be dedicated to lighthouse preservations. Got to fund the one to be able to donate to the other!

Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194229 01/05/07 10:12 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Dave, my use of that certain emoticon is the next best thing to actually bowing in person. The whole project, from the hard work behind the sceens to the actual finish product is much appreciated.

As for future CF exclusives. I would be willing to help on the next one, may it be for a 2007, 2008, or 2009.

Stan M
Re: Any CF exclusive for 2007? #194230 01/06/07 01:15 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I anger

DANIEL

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,025 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users