Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nantucket Lightship at Martha's Vineyard #1922 08/07/04 10:17 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I've just returned from a week out at Martha's Vineyard. I stayed at my usual isolated location Menemsha at the west end of the island.

The week there was another great experience going to the beach, fishing, eating large lobsters (4 pounders), and having a few cocktails.

That's the regular scenario while we are docked at Menemsha but two different things happend. First while on a taxi trip to the other end of the island, I spotted the Nantucket Lightship docked at Vineyard Haven. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me so you won't be seeing any new photos posted here. I figure I would let you know it's there right now just in case you are planning a visit to MV in the very near future.

The second thing of interest happend when my family and I were up in Menemsha Pond about a mile from Menenmsha Harbor. We drove our inflatable up into Menemsha Pond and were beaching-it in an isolated area that is a favorite of my grandsons. The water is shallow and basically only accessible by a small boat or dinghy. The kids were playing in the water and my bride and I were seated in our beach chairs enjoying a cold beverage along with my son, his wife, and our best friends. There were a few other people there too. I looked up and said, "Hi Jim." He replied saying hi and remarking what a beautiful day it was to be where we were. It was Jim Belushi. If you've seen him in the movies or on television, he is about the same in person. He's just a really nice ordinary guy. We talked a little about the how wonderful the day was and how beautiful this particular spot was.

When he left a little later on he gave us a big wave and headed further up into the pond. The next day he stopped to talk with us again at the back of my boat. His kids were having a wonderful time watching the fish that swim in the crystal clear water under the boats.

We sometimes run into celebrities in our travels and I make it a rule to respect their privacy and not ask them to pose for a picture or anything like that. I think Jim appreciated that and that's why he stopped to talk the second time.

smile Bob smile

Re: Nantucket Lightship at Martha's Vineyard #1923 08/08/04 12:23 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome back Bob. It sounds like you had a great relaxing time off after the convention. Also sounds like you had an interesting visitor to your area.

Rich

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,184 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users