Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19197 04/20/09 09:20 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
On behalf of the Opportunity Drawing committee, I would like to congratulate Jones Point on getting the most votes from our Forums members. As a result of the vote, Jones Point will be getting the largest chunk of the money that is collected in this fundraiser.
The potential exists for this fundraiser to be the most successful one we have ever done. For the first time that I am aware of, we are opening up the fundraiser to others outside of the Forums. As you saw from the websites, each of these six lighthouses are in great need of funds to help in their preservation efforts. By opening this fundraiser to others outside of the Forums, we may be able to take in quite a tidy sum to help them, while spreading the word about the Collector Forums to others who don't know we even exist. If this fundraiser reaches the potential and has the success that we as committee members think it can, not only Jones Point will benefit, but, the POSSIBILITY exists that all of these lighthouses MAY be able to be helped in some way. That, I think, is an exciting prospect!
The best part is, not only do these lighthouses win, but we're sure you're going to be thrilled with the prizes that are available as we hit each fund raising goal. I'd like to thank all of our donors in coming up with these exceptional prizes.
All of the info about how the drawing will work and what you have to do to participate is contained at the following link. Good luck, and thank you all in advance for your help in preserving these national treasures!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/opportunity_drawing/header.html

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19198 04/21/09 10:36 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Wow, those are some really nice prizes !!!

Good luck to us all, and for a really nice cause !!!

Many Thanks to everyone who donated a prize !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19199 04/21/09 09:23 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Yes, especially thanks to all the generous donors. This should be a great fundraiser.

Judy

Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19200 06/19/09 10:27 AM
ginnyanne Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Is there a deadline for the Opportunity Drawing? The chosen lighthouse is Jones Point, Maryland? When my husband and I visited that light they were rebuilding the Wilson Bridge. The massive equipment for the bridge project certainly did dwarf the lighthouse!! They are about finished that project. The bridge rebuild was about twenty years too late. When my husband was still working he often got home late because he "was stuck on the Woodrow Wilson". It didn't take much to back things up and this was before cell phones. Am I THAT old?

Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19201 06/19/09 10:49 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
August 15th is the deadline for donations to be received. Jones Point will get the majority of the funds that we take in. The actual drawing will take place very shortly after the 15th. You will be able to find out immediately who won as it will be live on the Forums.

Rich
Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19202 06/19/09 06:22 PM
M
Mystery Guest Offline
Wacko
Wacko
M
Ginnyanne, Just for the record, Jones Point is in Alexandria VA, not MD.

mg

Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19203 07/06/09 09:36 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Bringing this back to the top. Deadline August 15th...just a little more than a month from now.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19204 07/30/09 01:58 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
The deadline is fast approaching for your entries in the Opportunity Drawing to raise some funds for lighthouse restoration. I recently visited Joint Point Lighthouse on July 28th and posted some images to show the work that is going on to restore the light and what is still to be done. Eric also added some information on the needs of the lighthouse to get it restored.

Jone Point Lighthouse Images

The tiers to a lot of nice prizes already have been reached but more donations are needed to reach our goal to give away all of the prizes..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19205 07/31/09 11:57 AM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
^^Bumping this up again^^

Here is your chance to own a Conanicut Rhode Island
2006 Christmas Edition ...number 2579
Harbour Lights #721
Lighted
Retired
For $100.00.........
I will pay the shipping to you, and you will make the check out to:
Sand and Sea Enterprises/ Lighthouse Fund

I won this at the event in MO. June 14, 2009, and I do not need it. This is your chance to own it, AND donate to the COLLECTOR FORUMS' OPPORTUNITY DRAWING

http://www.thecapecodstore.com/opportunity_drawing/official_rules.html

Your donation will help out lighthouse restoration and and give you an opportunity to win additional lighthouses!

Any takers?
Let me know by August 3rd, as I will be out of town from the 4th until?
First come first served, and I will discuss payment and mailing procedure.

Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19206 08/08/09 08:45 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I won't deceive you, Mr Striker. We're running out of time.

Just 7 more days to get your donations in and help some lighthouses out and win prizes.. We just need $35 more to get to the next prize tier at $1100. Remember your entry needs to be there in 7 days not just mailed in 7 days.

Lighthouse Preservation Opportunity Drawing Information

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19207 08/08/09 05:17 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
As of 1515 hours, we are now at $1,215. There is only $185 more to raise and we will garrantee the $1400 Prize tier even if we don't go $5 above it.

Rich
Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19208 08/08/09 05:27 PM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
I'm back home if anyone wants to take me up on my offer.....in addition...MY check is going out today.....

Re: The Opportunity Drawing Begins #19209 08/09/09 01:21 AM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Thank you Pam! Every dollar helps!
And, oh yeah. In case anyone is interested, there is still one more Wisconsin Point Collector Forums Exclusive Lighthouse available for free! The next $100.00 donation to the Lighthouse Fund/ Opportunity Drawing gets it! There were originally three available, two have now been claimed. We sure would LOVE to give away that third one!!!!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,582 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users