cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Winter Lights at Calvert Museum, MD #191161 01/20/05 05:58 PM
bonnebert Offline OP
OP Offline
Robert and I attended "Winter Lights" at Calvert Museum this past weekend, to help with the CCUSLHS table. This annual event brings lighthouse associations/organization together for public awareness.

This year there was a gingerbread lighthouse contest, and Robert and I volunteered to do the Chapter's entry, and we selected "Cove Point". Thought we would share it with you. WE WON!!!!

Note the large picture of "Cove Point" behind us on the wall. The smaller pictures are the entries in the Chapter's annual photo contest, with blue ribbons on the winners. Calvert Museum displays them every year for a few months. The wall has photos on both sides.

It took ten days to bake and construct. When we went to leave in torrential rain we discovered it would not go pass the door into the back floor of the truck. SO, we placed it in the bed of the truck, which has a snap down cover, said a few prayers that is would make the 160 miles trip from here to there. As you see it did.

Enjoy, Joyce

Re: Winter Lights at Calvert Museum, MD #191162 01/20/05 07:15 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Looks like you did a great job with the gingerbread, Joyce. Did Robert help or was his main job the designated driver? Glad that it made the trip safely and that you were recognized for your work. You can start working on one to bring to the Reunion with you.

Re: Winter Lights at Calvert Museum, MD #191163 01/20/05 08:04 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Very nice, Joyce! Out of curiosity, do you have any photos of all the photos on the wall? I am curious as to whether or not I won...not sure if I would be contacted or not. I had a Race Point, NY, a Neds Point, MA, and a Castle Hill, RI. smile

Re: Winter Lights at Calvert Museum, MD #191164 01/20/05 09:47 PM
bonnebert Offline OP
OP Offline
No, Greg, I don't have a picture of all the pictures on the wall. I looked at the winners, but my memory is really bad. I do know the winners will be in the next newsletter, which we will be preparing to mail on Sat. Feb. 4th, which means they will go to the post office on Monday, Feb. 6th. I usually bring back a few extra copies with me, and I'll check it for you to see if you won.

Dave, as for Robert helping, believe it or not, he did a lot to help me get it done, mostly design for the roof, dormer, etc. We built a foam core model first, which I then used as my pattern to cut out the pieces.

REUNION!!! may require a lot of prayers to get it that far.

Joyce

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 626 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users