Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Maryland Life Magazine #190889 11/11/06 03:17 AM
grandmaR Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I was in the dermatologist office today to have two melanomas removed, and while I was waiting I was reading Maryland Life Magazine

The issue (Sept Oct 2006) I was reading had two big features on lighthouses

Beacons
Photo Essay by Chris Myers
Story by Mary K. Zajac
An exploration—and an appreciation—of a few of Maryland’s treasured lighthouses.

The Light from St. Mary’s
Story by Mary K. Zajac
Photography by Chris Myers
Point Lookout has a storied past…and a promising future.

The Light from St. Mary's was about Point Lookout, and the thing that I remember most about it was that a lady that used to live there pooh-poohed the idea that there were ghosts and the idea that when people felt cold that it was a sign that there were ghosts present. She said something to the effect of - It's November. The heat isn't on. What do they expect?

Re: Maryland Life Magazine #190890 11/12/06 12:49 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Too bad those articles weren't among the ones offered online. Probably figured they were among the better offerings so why let people read them for free......

Re: Maryland Life Magazine #190891 11/12/06 02:25 PM
grandmaR Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Well I was kind of thinking that I might like to subscribe. I don't know how many lighthouse stories they usually have.

Against that is the fact that it seemed expensive, and very glossy (not necessarily good) but slapdash and light on actual content. I did see that one of my favorite authors (Cookie McClung) had a short article in there, but I also saw that there was a picture of a horse jumping in an article on Fair Hill and there was no caption to tell who it was or at what competition. How hard would it have been to say who it was?

I guess next time I go (to have the stitches out), I could steal the magazine and scan the articles. Or maybe I could get it from the library or something.

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,375 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users