Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Trayser USCG Museum #190719 03/15/06 02:29 PM
regalhobo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I just received this great information from one of our NELL members and was asked to "pass it on". If you have any questions or have anything to donate you can contact Doug. His email is at the bottom.
...Right now , I'm getting very involved with a new USCG Museum on Cape Cod ,and it's my hope that maybe , some NELL folks may want to participate with us . It's going to be a terrific project , with lots of Lighthouse artifacts , Life Saving Service artifacts and much more .

We just acquired a massive collection of photos from the 1950s and 1960s , all of them are aerial shots of New England Lighthouses , and many great photos and news clippings about our own Ken Black .

The museum is the TRAYSER USCG HERITAGE MUSEUM on Rte 6A in Barnstable , which is the former US Customs House , just off Exit 6 and very near Barnstable Harbor .

We should be opening our doors in mid May and shuld be expecting to see many visitors this summer as the word gets out .

I hope that someone within the ranks of NELL will post the info on the website and that we will see a lot of visits from the NELL members .

I've been cataloguing and recording many artifacts from the USLHS and the USLSS ( 60 pages thus far ) from just 1 collection .

We will also have a great display in the works about the late RAdm Lyndon Spencer , USCG , who commanded a CG cutter on D-Day at Utah Beach on Normandy's shores . The collection has dozens of great photos taken from aboard the cutter as the troops went ashore amidst heavy artillery fire .We also have his sword , and some of his Dress Uniform devices .

So , needless to say , we at the Trayser ask you to spread the word and come visit us this summer .

My sincere respects and Thanks ;

Doug Bingham
Co-curator
Trayser USCG Museum
dbingham1@verizon.net
Raynham , Mass. 02767

smile cool

regalhobo
Tom K

:) :cool:
Re: New Trayser USCG Museum #190720 03/15/06 11:40 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sounds great! I look forward to visiting the museum in the fture.
HCS

Moderated by  Hal Dean 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,352 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users