Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Mackinaw to Get a Different Look #190616 05/27/06 11:23 AM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
New Mackinaw is undergoing warranty repairs and maintenace at the Marinette Marine Corporation dock on the Menominee River.
Quote:
The new Mackinaw will have somewhat of a new look topside when it returns to Cheboygan. A new smokestack muffler covering has been built, slightly changing the ship's lines and profile.

Photo from the Chebogan Tribune shows the original look

To read the article, go to New Mackinaw returns to Wis. for maintenance
Also noted in the article...
Quote:
One repair that will not be addressed yet is the dent on the starboard bow picked up when it hit a breakwall during the cutter's initial cruise last December in Grand Haven. That will be repaired this fall when the ship returns to Wisconsin for a stay in dry-dock.
June 10, the new Mackinaw will be commissioned and the original Mackinaw decommissioned at the Millard D. Olds Memorial Moorings in Cheboygan. It will be a unique set of ceremonies featuring two ships that are the pride of the Great Lakes.

Judy
Re: New Mackinaw to Get a Different Look #190617 05/27/06 05:09 PM
beachcomber Offline
Thanks for the update, Judy; it's interesting that "reps" show up to check to see how things are going on the ship. I'd never thought about that - sort of like pharmaceutical reps visiting doctors. This reminds me of a favorite book which I will bring up in The Reading Room. Can't wait for June 10, although I won't be there, but I hope that those of the CF members who will be present will post lots of photos for us shortly thereafter. Pleeeeaze!! laugh

beachcomber

Moderated by  Hal Dean 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,340 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users