Next Thread
Print Thread
Which CF Banner To Use #189405 05/11/06 10:27 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Here's an "either/or" question.

Which Collectors Forum Banner do you prefer?

The current "new" one of:

The Horizon Version

Or this one:

The Close-up Version

Both images courtesy of Jenifer.

One question only, don't suggest improvements, changes, colors, etc.

Vote by midnight May 21

Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189406 05/11/06 12:01 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I'm one of those people who don't think that the SOL is actually a lighthouse, and since our CF world revolves around lighthouse related topics, I would prefer a photo with a lighthouse depicted.

I did choose to vote for the closeup pic of the SOL because the panaoramic view has Lady Liberty from the side rather than the most recognized view from her front side.

I would like to see the picture changed at least four times a year to keep a fresh view as our welcoming mat. I would also like the chosen picture to be possibly of a recent or future Harbour Lights release. By this I mean an actual picture of the actual light and not the HL sculpture.

smile Bob smile

Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189407 05/11/06 04:17 PM
regalhobo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Very good ideas Bob...fresh view as our welcoming mat ... recent or future Harbour Lights release....actual picture of the actual light and not the HL sculpture. I would haave to agree.

smile cool

regalhobo
Tom K

:) :cool:
Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189408 05/11/06 04:48 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:

I would like to see the picture changed at least four times a year to keep a fresh view as our welcoming mat. I would also like the chosen picture to be possibly of a recent or future Harbour Lights release. By this I mean an actual picture of the actual light and not the HL sculpture.

smile Bob smile
Good ideas Bob.
HCS

Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189409 05/11/06 07:31 PM
Weasel58 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Where is the "Anything would be better than the SOL" choice, John?

Eric
Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189410 05/11/06 09:03 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Why is there so much opposition to the SoL? I mean, it's kind of strange. John changes the photos on the site, and there's this huge public outcry because it's there.

The only opposition I have to it is the fact that, because it's not a traditional lighthouse, to the first time visitor, it could muddle the image of what the CF is about - lighthouses, Harbour or otherwise. Maybe it'll give them the idea that it's a forum for collecting...Patriotic memorabilia?

I really like how it looks and all...but with all the effort to clarify the forums recently, I'm not sure if it's completely working. I LOVE the photo, and it looks great. But I'm not sure if it quite works.

Maybe it'd be a good thing to put away and bring back for a week or two around the 4th of July?

Now, of course, if we were to change the photo to something else from Jen's East Trip...well, you can guess MY suggestion...and I've always wanted to see it at the top of the forums, too. smile

Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189411 05/11/06 10:18 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
There is no doubt, The Statue of Liberty, is a lighthouse. Just as much as a reef light, cassison or pier light. Yes, it is no longer active but neither are many other lighthouses. I say let her stay at least until flag day (another symbol of freedom). IMHO.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189412 05/11/06 11:44 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I like the Horizon for the main banner and the close up for the forum labels. smile

Jim
Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189413 05/12/06 12:44 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
One of the things that I have always liked about this forum is the education people who come here can give to others and the education that people coming here can get from others.

I think using the Statue Of Liberty is great because while it might momentarily confuse some visitors if they stick around long enough to ask " Why the SOL? " they'll learn something new.

I like to ask people what's the tallest Lighthouse in NY Harbor? I'll admit most people don't answer correctly but about 2 out of 10 do and most of the others seem to like the tidbit of information they have gotten.

The great thing about Lighthouses is getting people to understand that they all don't look like Portland Head or Cape Hatteras- some look like Sullivan's Island and some look like a victorian house. Lighthouses are like people- they come in many shapes and sizes and all of them have worth.

I also like the idea of changing the photos here at least 4 times a year to keep things interesting. There are plenty of lighthouses to choose from- to be sure.

Dennis

Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189414 05/12/06 12:45 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by AZlightkeeper:
I like the Horizon for the main banner and the close up for the forum labels. smile
I go along with this idea myself.

Dennis

Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189415 05/12/06 01:06 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Here's an alternative idea.

You can choose which banner photo to use, even provide the photo and get a credit for your photo for $199 a month with a 3 month minimum term.

Subject to review of your photo by yours truly.

Got something to promote that's lighthouse related? Might even be able to make that banner a link. Non-profits welcome, clubs welcome, lighthouses welcome.

Contact webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com

Re: Which CF Banner To Use #189416 05/12/06 03:07 AM
beachcomber Offline
John, I wish your poll had asked something like:

Which do you prefer for the banner picture?
Which do you prefer for the individual forums?

As Jim and others have stated, I think a lot of us would like the horizon shot for the main banner and the closeup for the individual forums.

I also like the suggestion that the picture(s) be changed with the seasons. It would keep things from getting monotonous here and also provide opportunity for many other lights to get exposure on the CF's. Thanks for asking us! smile

beachcomber

Moderated by  Bob M 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,208 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users