Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bob & MaryAnn Mich/Reunion Days 7cont&8 w/ Photos #188989 09/28/05 11:39 AM
rscroope Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
We're now off on US-31 taking the Lake Michigan waterview route where possible. Several nice resort areas with sandy beaches on the western side. MaryAnn and I are are both surprised. They almost look like Atlantic Coast beaches especially since it's windy and there are surfers trying to ride the small lake waves.
I avoid going to far north because of time constraints (good reason to come back), so our first stop is Frankfort North Breakwater.
Then we went to Mainstee North Pierhead, Old Mainstee Main, Ludington North Pierhead, Little Sable, Muskegeon South Pier, and the Grand Havens. I missed the exit for White River, and although disappointed, I didn't go back. We arrived in Holland about 5:30pm. I ventured out about 6:30 to look for a place to eat and catch a sunset at Holland "Big Red". I got to the park at 7pm and was surprised they were still collecting a full day fee. The parking lot was pretty crowded, and I was drawn immediately to the LH. I was on the wrong side for the LH/background sunset but was told there was very little parking on the other side. I enjoyed watching the reds change as the sun began to set. Lots of photos! And now I concentrated on the sunset. Not many clouds but pretty. As the sun hit the water I walked back from the breakwater to the beach. And there it was a sailboat crossing the sun as it set on the horizon with the outlines of people enjoying the view. Wow!
On the drive back I stopped for Taco Bell take out, to tired to find a nice place to eat.

Day 8 - Last day! Heading for Chicago

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Bob & MaryAnn Mich/Reunion Days 7cont&8 w/ Photos #188990 09/28/05 03:20 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
We're now off on US-31 taking the Lake Michigan waterview route where possible. Several nice resort areas with sandy beaches on the western side. MaryAnn and I are are both surprised. They almost look like Atlantic Coast beaches
Well now you know that it IS the BEST side of Michigan without any doubt!!!!! laugh

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,309 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users