Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The next Reunion? #188964 01/31/08 12:15 AM
JJ Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Looking at the post about the next reunion brings up lots of questions. I suspect that corporate Harbour Lights has doubts that there is enough interest to support another reunion. With the downturn in the general economy, rising costs of gas and oil, and the clear downturn in collectables in general perhaps they have a point. On the other hand, we have wackos. This group has gone through a lot and shown a great and lasting interest in lighthouses and preservation. Not to mention a good time. Therefore, I propose that we take a sampling of folks still around here and let HL know what our thoughts are.

This thread is not to debate a location, although I realize that is important to the decision about attending a particular reunion. There are way too many variables involved in site selection, although our preference is one of those. The question at hand is, would you attend another reunion if it was held in a desirable location?

I suggest that if we would like to attend another reunion, that each of us send an e-mail to Tony Constantino at harbourlights.com and let him know of our interest. I wouldn’t expect an immediate reply or response because we know Tony has a lot on his plate. At least this way, HL may get a somewhat better idea of what we want. Post a response here too, if you like, so we can see the results. All we can do is ask!

Re: The next Reunion? #188965 01/31/08 12:53 PM
fra02441 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I am all for a reunion. Can you please attach his email and I will gladly send him one. I am sure it is somewhere but at work and have limited time to search. Plus someone looking over my shoulder dosnt help. (Not all the time) laugh

Re: The next Reunion? #188966 01/31/08 12:58 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
JJ, I think you expressed what we all are thinking about when it comes to the REUNION.
If you gone to one, you look forward to the next one, and if you haven't been yet, you want to know what all the fuss is about.

"If you build it Harbour Lights, we will come."

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: The next Reunion? #188967 01/31/08 01:20 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
JJ, I think it will come down to Don Devine deciding whether there is another Reunion, not Tony.. Collectors might be better served expressing their thoughts to Don.. You can probably reach Don through Lighthouse Depot contacts both snail and email..

I remember Don mentioning that he wanted to hear from us if we had questions or ideas, when he talked to our (Dave H) bus tour group after the Portland Regional when we stopped at Lighthouse Depot..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: The next Reunion? #188968 02/10/08 05:32 PM
ginnyanne Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Another reunion with plenty of lead time would be great! I'm for thea location in the Southeast.

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users